The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Too Easy

GeometryWarrior

I get excited everyday since sorties came out. The first few days were amazing, with a difficulty that you cant get without wasting a bunch of time in a survival or defense. After a few hotfixes, i feel like the sorties are too easy now.

I would like to see weapon restrictions at least once a day, and at least one of the missions be an "endless" type mission (Survival, defense, excavation). More nullifiers, more bombards, more manics, more ancient healers, more elemental damage and resistance, the works. Make sorties fun again.

don't trials exist for people that want epeen awards for everything in the game being too easy, or are those too easy also?

We get it, you are bad &#! and this pleb stuff is way too easy.

Sorties should be accessible for people doing PUGs and such, not so hard that only elite clans can do them.

I just wish sorties had special variations that were only acessible through doing sorties.

Like Take sortie survival for example. I think it would be a whole lot more fun if sortie survivals took place in defense maps, No life support, just massive waves of enemies for the time limit,

Sortie Defense could be made less dull by at least giving you a change of scenery. You would need to defend 3 different targets, 5 waves each.

things like that

don't trials exist for people that want epeen awards for everything in the game being too easy, or are those too easy also?

We get it, you are bad ! and this pleb stuff is way too easy.

Sorties should be accessible for people doing PUGs and such, not so hard that only elite clans can do them.

I agree, he's being selfish if you ask me.

I get excited everyday since sorties came out. The first few days were amazing, with a difficulty that you cant get without wasting a bunch of time in a survival or defense. After a few hotfixes, i feel like the sorties are too easy now.

I would like to see weapon restrictions at least once a day, and at least one of the missions be an "endless" type mission (Survival, defense, excavation). More nullifiers, more bombards, more manics, more ancient healers, more elemental damage and resistance, the works. Make sorties fun again.

Eat a Snickers, Satan.

Give us the option of that kind of Sortie.  I don't find them hard either, but I'm not signing up for that level of insanity.

I'm guessing people who find it easy are doing one of two things.

1. Valkyr

2. Invisibility Loki/Ash/Ivara

Mag, Nova, Banshee.  Sorties are still easy. 

for those people out their tellign this fine fine gentleman that he is selfish, you all need to open a can of "get good" and stop *@##$ing. too many times has the fate of this game been dictated by the nubs, those who refuse to actually lay the game, get good and want everything handed to them.  To you and those people you may all go and *@##$ else where and cause i am tired of this game being nerfed beyond recognition.

Is there anything from what I suggested that makes sorties unpuggable? 

I agree, he's being selfish if you ask me.

If you say so.

1. Valkyr

My clan has started intentionally bringing the wrong warframe in order to make the sorties more fun.

Nightmare? 99% damage reduction, 100% more enemies damage, no energy? Another missions with bullets sponge and artifical difficulty?

This. Warframe has a serious problem with enemy levels, I don't like to fight enemies with 3 million HP, 30 thousand armor or 60 thousand shields, who can also kill me in 2 hits from their sub-machine-gun.

I loved the nightwatch thing. Enemies that can kill you easy, but you can aslo kill them easy, IT FELT GOOD!

Now they came back to this horrible mechanic of "We give the enemy insane level, we give you some caps and we hope you find it rewarding".

That's not how it should be fam, DE plz, that's not what end content should be about, it should be about hard BUT BALANCED gameplay, where the best players can show of their experience, and where new players get owned, but not without a lesson. I don't want every newbie thinking "Oh, if the mission level is over 50, I should ALWAYS USE VALKYR 'CUS EVERYTHING ELSE IS WET PAPER", no, I want them to know the advantage of restores, of equipment, of warframe abilities and when to use them, team play, cover, stealth, f*ck*ng mid-air maneuvers.

A weapon that can kill all the enemies. A warframe to sustain all the damage. That's everything that matters in those kinds if missions. A warframe that can protect everyone. A warframe that can CC everyone. A TRINITY INVARIABLY THERE BECAUSE IT'S A MUST ON SPAM TEAMS.

Really, that's not what I imagined when "end content" first appeared, and I hope that's not the end of the line. I hope there is more beyond that, something worth some time, something I want to repeat not for the reward, but for the way it is made.

For veterans nothing will be hard lol

I consider myself a "veteran". I have never used a forma, I have never maxed my rank 10 mods, I don't use exilus adapters. The sorties are still a piece of cake in almost every mission type. Defense is team based, survival is literally "tank it 20 minutes" so valkyr is probably the best pick (corpus survivals are fun, because they disrupt the invincibility and lowering the bubbles with melee hits it's nice, still a piece of S#&$ for every other frame since the zapping osprey literally kills everyone in one wave).

Every other game mode is made out to be done alone, so going as a team makes it 4 times as easy.

Edited by GDSK-NXS

its so called "veteran content" it shouldn't be a walk in the park

1. Valkyr

Nova Prime, Lanka or Hek, depening on the conditions

Hell no, even 15 waves defense and 20 min survival are easy with the right team but guess what? it takes too much time!!!.

Yesterday sortie had md, then defense and finally survival, took me an hour to finish (got a leg core but still it was annoying).

Todays sortie.... oh yes, hive, rescue and spy, you can finish it in 30 mins or less, now thats efficient.

Hell no, even 15 waves defense and 20 min survival are easy with the right team but guess what? it takes too much time!!!.

Yesterday sortie had md, then defense and finally survival, took me an hour to finish (got a leg core but still it was annoying).

Todays sortie.... oh yes, hive, rescue and spy, you can finish it in 30 mins or less, now thats efficient.

It is supposed to be endgame content, not a run-and-receive-loot walk in the park. 

I'd wait for the weapon overhaul to happen before complaining that things are too easy. For all we know, when they removed base damage mods, they may not be giving weapons the full damage buff that they would get from something like Max Serration or hornet strike and Multishot may be too painful to use most of the time (or preferably, just removed like base damage mods.) and we may end up doing less damage overall as a way to balance things and make the end game content harder without having to actually fool with the end game content itself.

DE knows what they are doing and where they have the game headed, they just can only get so much done at once.

Edited by Ceryk

Difficulty is a matter of perspective. Depending on the mission and modifier some days might be easier than others, wich is ok for me as it opens up the chance for some players to get the easier days done. Its not possible to create a constant difficulty for Sorties. The game has way to many weapons and Warframes wich have gaps in there effectiveness to make this possible.

For players who like it harder, try some less developed frames and weapons or some of the less effective ones. This will amp up the difficulty, but i guess noone would do it as everyone allways takes the easiest apporach just to complayn that it was to easy. Also lets not forget that there are Raids and Nightmare raids wich can be played with 4 players to get more difficulty.

for those people out their tellign this fine fine gentleman that he is selfish, you all need to open a can of "get good" and stop *@##$ing. too many times has the fate of this game been dictated by the nubs, those who refuse to actually lay the game, get good and want everything handed to them.  To you and those people you may all go and *@##$ else where and cause i am tired of this game being nerfed beyond recognition.

You might not like it, but the fate of the game is simply money. Noone will play a game where they will be hardly enabled to play most of the content and the few veterans who would like it ultra hard dont spend enough money to pay for it on there own. Its a simple design deccision.