The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha Dropping In Sorties [Megathread]

painterman

Right now, Sorties more or less feel like a prototype for the Void being distributed to the Star Chart, with the test in question being "What if it was balanced to only be one run a day?" Of course, this is just a theory. Still, Sorties really do just feel like Void 2.0 to me, only it has a time wall in addition to the grind wall.

I'm with you, at least we can build houses from molten/heavy impacts and dread bps. Hek, we can build a goddamn city from them! About the Nezha issue, I seriously hope DE will rethink their way of implementing new items. With every time, new things getting grindier and harder to obtain in-game, it's gonna affect the new player base the most, while upsetting the old one too. I mean think about it, if new players find the game to be too grindy to play for free, they will move onto other games. If more people leave the game than the amount joining...well we all know where that leads.

What? You can build houses with these?! Would you mind sharing one brick with a Dread blueprint then? Because in 3 years it still hasn't dropped for me... -_-

i'm not against it as long as he is in rotation atleast every other season for the sorties. this will also mean his parts will be worth platinum for a long time to come... there is no way this is worse than vauban parts.

Are you kidding me? Vauban's miles easier to acquire; his parts are guaranteed rewards.

Overall i feel that:
No control over what you get as a player from the sorties is a damn horrible decision. Seriously, why in the name of all the gods in olympus would i want a GODDAMN normal lens from the sortie when

a) the ''better'' ones cost 40 plat (which is nothing).
b) 1/5 chance to get the one i actually use.
c) WHY AREN'T THE BETTER LENSES IN SORTIE? JESUS CHRIST DE.

-cranky because 3 marudai lens instead of AT LEAST 1 zenurik

And that's scratching the surface of the crap-mountain this reward system is.

AT LEAST pick 3 random loots from the table from which we can choose.

Edited by Torguish

What? You can build houses with these?! Would you mind sharing one brick with a Dread blueprint then? Because in 3 years it still hasn't dropped for me... -_-

Oh, i would give them away for free if DE let me .-. Then I could maybe get the Despair from people too, instead of RNG screwing me over and over again (only secondary i'm missing) or buy that pack for 800 plats for a single weapon (too much insanity for me).

Are you kidding me? Vauban's miles easier to acquire; his parts are guaranteed rewards.

Yes but they only appear once a month if that. When they do appear are you actually able to go do that alert or are you busy with stuff IRL?

It is a terrible idea.

You assume it is "easier" to get the parts but look at how long it takes people to get vauban. Sure it is easy but it has an enormous time wall behind it.

BAD IDEA.

Yes but they only appear once a month if that. When they do appear are you actually able to go do that alert or are you busy with stuff IRL?

It is a terrible idea.

You assume it is "easier" to get the parts but look at how long it takes people to get vauban. Sure it is easy but it has an enormous time wall behind it.

BAD IDEA.

Well, I got enough parts to build two Vaubans when I already had one built. The differece is that Nezha is not a guaranteed reward.

I agree that Vauban's method of acquisition sucks, but Nezha's sucks a bit more.

Edited by DrakoBluewing

Well, I got enough parts to build two Vaubans when I already had one built. The differece is that Nezha is not a guaranteed reward.

I agree that Vauban's method of acquisition sucks, but Nezha's sucks a bit more.

Except vauban still likely takes longer to get.

At least nezha has potential to drop a part daily. Vauban does not.

Right now I have a ton of problems with RNG and what DE has (not) been doing to solve it. It's why I stopped buying plat. I simply do not support this kind of gameplay.

This kind of thing would have been torn down and burned about two years ago but they have increased it little by little enough for people to get used to it. 

Don't get used to it people. Protest it and tell DE that this is not going to continue.

Right now I have a ton of problems with RNG and what DE has (not) been doing to solve it. It's why I stopped buying plat. I simply do not support this kind of gameplay.

This kind of thing would have been torn down and burned about two years ago but they have increased it little by little enough for people to get used to it. 

Don't get used to it people. Protest it and tell DE that this is not going to continue.

Although I also don't like RNG loot, we should also understand that RNG loot is a big thing for some people - a lot of Diablo players, for example. It's the proverbial carrot on a stick that keeps people playing, because after they eat that carrot they gallop off wherever they want to take a nap because they don't care anymore about a stick and string. Of course, that's not true of everyone, but you get my drift I'd hope.

That being said - and I'm trying to make a clear analogy here,I apologize if it isn't - I don't go into Rainbow Six and expect to soak bullets, because I know that's how it works in any of the series I've played before it. Warframe is the same way - for the two years I've played the thing, it's always had RNG rewards (with the blessed exception of those Quest Reward frames), and it's always been a constant back and forth battle with RNGesus over luck. Yes, people get sick of RNG - imo rightly so, because I'm not a huge fan of it - but to act like it hasn't been around since the start (at least when I started) is a bit over-dramatic.

I mean, we get Quest frames and people complain they have to wait to long, we get RNG frames and people complain because of the RNG (because the very nature of luck - get lucky in Vegas and you don't complain, loose your house and get vocal). I'm sure for them sometimes it feels like they can't win. If we want to solve RNG, we first have to solve the question "Without the carrot on the stick to guide that selection of players, how do we keep them playing?" TBH, I have absolutely no idea how to solve that question that also wouldn't just kill off whatever profit they make in market bundles.

The problem with vauban is that people miss the alerts.  You can't get the part if you aren't on at the time of the alert.  As well as the mission could end up being on a planet they aren't at yet (Do more planets, seriously).  Finally, the alerts have gotten rarer, almost down to less then one vauban a month if I am seeing it right.

So yes, Vauban is kind of a pain for people to complete.  Nezha is the brand new frame so we want that to be more difficult, but we might have to give up on saying it's more difficult.  I will not say that Nezha is easier though, and Nezha is certainly more of a hassle.

As for difficulty, permanent addition to the drop table so technically always avaiable, which has it's good point and it's down point.  Once you have managed to get Nezha either by buying, or by actually getting the parts and making Nezha, you can still get the parts.  There is no use to parts after you have finished a frame.  These might be tradable, but by the time you have completed a Nezha, many other people will have also.  So you will likely only be able to pass the parts on to people that haven't gotten around to sortie readiness, or to people that aren't really interested in Nezha.  Either way, probably lower prices.

Being from a drop table that you can access once a day is good that it is always available, but bad that it's still available after it is useless.  So it becomes a huge hassle.  Vauban is only a hassle in that you hope the alert pops up when you can do it.  Vauban is a waiting game.  Nezha is going to harass us forever, before you have one, after you have one.  Forever.  Nezha will remain a problem forever.

The problem with vauban is that people miss the alerts.  You can't get the part if you aren't on at the time of the alert.  As well as the mission could end up being on a planet they aren't at yet (Do more planets, seriously).  Finally, the alerts have gotten rarer, almost down to less then one vauban a month if I am seeing it right.

So yes, Vauban is kind of a pain for people to complete.  Nezha is the brand new frame so we want that to be more difficult, but we might have to give up on saying it's more difficult.  I will not say that Nezha is easier though, and Nezha is certainly more of a hassle.

As for difficulty, permanent addition to the drop table so technically always avaiable, which has it's good point and it's down point.  Once you have managed to get Nezha either by buying, or by actually getting the parts and making Nezha, you can still get the parts.  There is no use to parts after you have finished a frame.  These might be tradable, but by the time you have completed a Nezha, many other people will have also.  So you will likely only be able to pass the parts on to people that haven't gotten around to sortie readiness, or to people that aren't really interested in Nezha.  Either way, probably lower prices.

Being from a drop table that you can access once a day is good that it is always available, but bad that it's still available after it is useless.  So it becomes a huge hassle.  Vauban is only a hassle in that you hope the alert pops up when you can do it.  Vauban is a waiting game.  Nezha is going to harass us forever, before you have one, after you have one.  Forever.  Nezha will remain a problem forever.

Hence why I support this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/572701-let-folks-choose-sortie-rewardsnow-nezha-is-tangled-in-this-mess/

Nope. Nezha being available in Sorties is not a big deal at all. No need to make it personal

Atm its maybe relevant after some time you will have complaints that it dilutes drop tables since it doesnt sell for more than 10p

Exactly same complaints which can be put for void drop tables can be put here.

Basically its S#&$ no matter on which side of barricade you are standing.

Edited by Davoodoo

Nope. Nezha being available in Sorties is not a big deal at all. No need to make it personal

I'm not making this personal. I'm just correcting you. It is NOT currently an established, solid fact that putting Nezha behind sorties is not a big deal. It is an opinion that you happen to have and nothing more...an opinion that not everyone shares.

Until you can back up your statement / conclusion that "Nezha being available in Sorties is not a big deal at all", with some compelling evidence and factual premises, you don't have an argument at all. And saying "Because I think / say so" and "You can't prove that it is a big deal" are poor arguments to back up your conclusions.

The burden of proof is on you. You made a statement, now back it up it with some evidence.