The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Isn't Going To Buy Or Farm For Nezha Out Of Principle?

OldGodKing

I'm personally fine with farming him off of sorties but a good number of players I've talked to in-game and clearly on the forums are extremely upset with how DE has put another grindwall in an attempt to make more people play sorties (the same way they "forced" people to play Archwing) and to tempt those who can't stand the grind to buy him with plat.

How do you feel about it? Just curious.

I think it's perfectly fine.

Grind is a part of this game, and I'd rather have different methods of grind instead of slaying bosses all the time.

The parts are tradable as well, so that opens up the trade market too.

This isn't another case of Booben.

We have a spoiled community that want instant gratification.

I don't like them tied to Sorties because you don't need them after get all three parts, so they just pollute the drop tables, which means, after you get your first part, you'll always have a chance for useless loot out of Sorties. 

Same reason I didn't like Dera Vandal and Karak Wraith in the tables.

An idea I've been playing with is that each Sortie also gives you some sort of token, and you can trade these tokens for parts. 

Honestly, I love warframe, it's fun and I've been playing it almost none-stop since I started in March this year... but these last things with Focus, (I actually enjoyed farming spies for Ivara) and now Nezha... it's just tedious.
(Partially off topic, but related at the same time) I half understand the nerf to stealth kills in accordance to focus, it would have been better if they made enemies react to stealth kills because it's more realistic, not to actually nerf one of the very few focus farming methods that work though.

It feels like DE just wants to make us farm more (I don't mind) but in more tedious ways (Which is a pain).
And again, emphasizing the point that it won't stop me from playing this game, cause I really enjoy it, but at the moment I'd rather just completely ignore Nezha and Focus because of this.

Edited by Pryde13

Not like you have a choice. If you roll Nezha blueprints at the end of a sortie, it's what you get.

The implementation, however, is in poor taste (something which I've mentioned earlier in another thread). The combination of a gamble and a time wall is simply untenable and a low point for DE, nearly on par with the way Vauban is currently obtained.

I think it's perfectly fine.

Grind is a part of this game, and I'd rather have different methods of grind instead of slaying bosses all the time.

The parts are tradable as well, so that opens up the trade market too.

This isn't another case of Booben.

That's a good point.

There's nothing to farm, just have to do sortie everyday hoping to get a part.

I don't want instant instant gratification, what I like about warframe is that everything (almost) is farmable. I don't mind the grind but i hate timewalls.

First off, I bought Nezha to get that clear.

But that is nothing new for me. I get plat through prime access when I find the contents interesting and otherwise I trade to get plat and why get plat If I'm not going to spend it on what I like.

However. I generally do farm the frame even after getting them with plat, maybe weird but that is just part of the game for me. I did that with Ivara (bought with plat and have all the parts as well).

DE is just trying to set up long term goals and the rushers are having none of it and blame it on profit. The parts are trade-able so when you get a double part you should be able to trade with another person anyway.

I don't see a problem, I see people afraid of long term goals.

Loreless frames. lol who cares its a grind game with story slapped to it. There is no real depth other than DE holding off from giving meaning to things to create the illusion of value after sometime. Even before the second dream or any "lore" quest - what LORE was there truly in this game?

Maybe you should look back on Warframe when Captain Vor was just a regular looking Grineer Butcher. There was no real lore holding the game together it was simply the warframes, the hack n slash and the gun play making the game what it was.

Your high horse is too short for you to be worried about "principle" here.

Then again I'm not surprised by the community when there are too many with such attitudes about the game. I enjoy parody and satire when I post but right now its better to give real feed back on this non-sense of a discussion.

"The principle can eat my shorts."

Edited by ViLeDeth

Why do people keep saying this? It's such a non-argument.

Wanting the game to have less arbitrary grind is not spoiled, nor does it mean anyone wants instant gratification. The more people keep saying stuff like this is okay, the worse it'll get, until we have an alert-only frame with 9 required parts that require 5 nitain each.

Nezha's implementation is not an isolated issue.