The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Finally Did It! (Stealth Changes)

trst

With the most recent update to the AI regarding stealth finally makes logical sense and presents some genuine gameplay and challenge.

While I have not gone through and tested the AI changes very thoroughly what I have found is that enemies no longer alert the entire mission. Now their shouting/gunfire only alerts enemies within a radius around them and that are within line-of-sight of them.

While yes, this does still nert stealth-farming it does allow for you to stealth through an entire mission without needing to find a way to kill all alerted enemies and/or going invisible until enemies get unalerted enough to be stealth killed again.

Instead you now can kill a group of enemies and even if they do hear/see you you'll still be able to kill them all and go stealth kill the enemy in the next room or even across the same room. The only thing we're missing now to improve upon this is a way to silence our kills instead of just out weapons.

Now, people can say what they want about stealth farming but this is defiantly a step in the right direction for a proper stealth system. Yes the game still has issues with farming but this does help that out somewhat while also making the system far less exploitable.

Dear Azure.M,

I'd like to tell you that the stealth change that enemies now get alerted when they see a downed ally was already present since 18.1 and not since 18.1.3. With that said, it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes before.

Sincerely,

IceColdHawk

Edited by IceColdHawk

give me an indicator of which mobs are "suspicious" or not. (i'm looking at you rollers and scorpions)

give me a grace period before a mob goes "suspicious" from viewing something. (1-3 seconds max) -- bows vs hitscan weaponry kills, perfect example.

LOS vs radius detection (as mentioned above by MrJxt) 

do all that and i'd be pretty happy with the system.

give me an indicator of which mobs are "suspicious" or not. (i'm looking at you rollers and scorpions)

give me a grace period before a mob goes "suspicious" from viewing something. (1-3 seconds max) -- bows vs hitscan weaponry kills, perfect example.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. As it stands now there is no way to keep your stealth kill streak active without running to a completely new room before killing another mob.

do all that and i'd be pretty happy with the system.

Exactly

OxqNOzw.jpg?1

Ally death detection will soon be LoS instead of radius.

The most recent change regarding only alerting enemies within the same area plus LoS would be ideal but I get the feeling this is instead of LoS.  I don't think they are confident in the current version of LoS they have implemented for it to be the next change.  I believe that would have to come on the back of an AI overhaul.

Enemies will never get chance to get suspicious then if you have 3 sec grace time. You could run trough level swinging orthos without any invisibility and kill everything before they can react thanks to that delay. 1 sec maybe.

Enemies will never get chance to get suspicious then if you have 3 sec grace time. You could run trough level swinging orthos without any invisibility and kill everything before they can react thanks to that delay. 1 sec maybe.

hence the max, personally 0.5 to 1 is more than enough.

Needs context sensitive stick cover for peeking, but otherwise that would be a basic solid stealth system.

that's been asked for (and rejected by DE) so many times for so many years... i wouldn't even waste your breath asking for it.

as for adding in an indicator of enemy's alert status, if they absolutely HAVE to tie it to a mod, then it should be attached to enemy sense or any mod that gives the functionality of enemy sense. (auras / kubrow)

Still can be seen pretty easily and mobs really love to stand in majorly large groups/sit there forever/love to spin like a top but it's much better now for sure so thanks for the change; no more kill some enemy that is los and alerting the entire map which is nice. Now, can I have an option to remove lense please so I can grind other paths? Be much appreciated, ty.

Edited by fizbit

Today, or was it yesterday? Can't remember, but I was doing a spy mission, I was caught and said to myself, damn it, now a lot of enemies are gonna come. Thought it was weird that I didn't see any come through the next rooms, as I was at a distance to the next room. I went close enough for the door to open, and there a corpus walked pass by as if nothing happened; I was like, waaaaaah?!?!

Upon reading this, now I understand. Thank you!