Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Get That Ancients Are Supposed To Be The Annoying Healer But They Shouldn't Reduce Damage To 0

kineticharvest

Can they at least have a damage reduction cap? On later levels (say sorties) them (and their lackeys) taking ZERO damage from a 4-forma Atomos is absolutely ridiculous. My 4-forma Tonkor does 3-digit damage tops. Not only does this render a lot of weapons useless against them, weaker frames cannot even defend themselves.

Not to mention that the ancients spawn in droves.

Edited by loliwarmech

Ancients dont reduce damage on each other

The problem may be that youre using Atomos

So when you try to kill the ancients it chains on to other enemies

Which ends up healing the ancient itself

Although yes their damage reduction is crazy high

Prioritize killing the ancient healer

Without using AOE weapons

Or you can proc them with radiation

Which will make the aura stop working for the proc duration

Edited by Post_Scriptum

Um they do, they have an aura that reduces 90% damage in addition to the heal. I see very clearly that the numbers popping up on all of them are zeroes, zeroes and more zeroes.

'Links with nearby allies, any damage they take heals the Ancient up to 150% health, and it scales up to reflect having health >100%. Also reduces damage that nearby allies take, and allies linked with the Healer will be immune from all crowd control, with very few exceptions.

This link is not shared to other Ancient infested, such as Ancient Disrupter and Toxic Ancient.'

Like I said

The damage reduction doesnt work on ancients

The reason you see zero

Is because theyre healing

Edit: you seem to be missing the fact I'm saying the aura doesnt work on ANCIENTS

And AOE weapons will not help in that situation

Because

Its hitting all the other mobs at the same time with the ancient healer

Making it heal from the damage

So prioritize the ancient healer and kill it

Edited by Post_Scriptum

The tactic of taking down the ancients first everybody knows. The problem is, this is assuming that:

- You can GET to them in the first place

- You can safely do so at minimal risk to yourself

- You can prioritize them WITHOUT wasting shots on other infested in the way

I have a Valkyr that can manage Infested but this is not always an option for other people. In addition, Ancients and other infested spawn in HUGE DROVES. Often you will see Ancients on top of Ancients on top of more Ancients, so in the ensuing chaos how can you safely engage them? I had a Slow Nova teammate get swarmed while vainly shooting Antimatter Drops and her highly modded Synoid Simulor, both of which did absolutely nothing.

-snip-

Yes I do acknowledge Ancient Healers making AOE attacks almost useless is a bit...too much

And the infested faction are in general just so annoying with all the parasitic eximus/ancient healers and disruptors and whatnot

But you can at least bring a high powered non-AOE weapon for the time being

Or ofc

Radiation procs

Although radiation is a terrible damage type against infested

Edited by Post_Scriptum

This link is not shared to other Ancient infested, such as Ancient Disrupter and Toxic Ancient.'

Pretty sure it does work on disruptors and toxic ancients, just not on other ancient healers.

Personally, I find the ancients annoying, but can be dealt with by prioritizing. I do think the damage reduction cap should be 80% or the cc immunity removed.

Still prefer ancients over nullifiers any day.

Edited by Demon.King

Pretty sure it does work on disruptors and toxic ancients, just not on other ancient healers.

Personally, I find the ancients annoying, but can be dealt with by prioritizing. I do think the damage reduction cap should be 80% or the cc immunity removed.

Still prefer ancients over nullifiers any day.

Hmm idk I was able to kill a disruptor that was next to a healer fine today....

I'll check again if I get to fight high leveled infested again

80% damage cap sounds reasonable

Itll still make you prioritize the ancients

But at least it wont make you do 0 damage...although I'm not sure how useful 20% damage would be especially combined with tons of health from high level infested

Hmm idk I was able to kill a disruptor that was next to a healer fine today....

I'll check again if I get to fight high leveled infested again

Need to verify, but might be a bug.

Edit: I checked, you're right. All other ancients are unaffected.

Edited by Demon.King

Also, use a weapon with high status chance and Radiation damage. Anything with that shuts down heals quick as the healers absorb the rad proc then become confused, shutting off the aura.

I really don't recommend running radiation. It may proc the confusion, but it takes you ages to kill an ancient with rad. In OPs case, it may be viable due to using an AOE weapon.

Edited by Demon.King

Then theres toxic ancients. Its like, lets make the infested weak to toxin and gas but lets add a unit that nullifies those damage types too.

There is no point in running toxin or gas against infested.

'Scuse me? Depends on your weapon. Very high status chance with punch through and Rad + Toxin + Slash has a way of eating through most of what is in game. For everything else after the rad procs are on the crowd there is corrosive + heat or viral + heat as a followup depending on if solo or running in a 4-man CP squad.

Basically if you can get status over 60% on full build you can liberally hose down a crowd and all those annoying auras just cease to be a problem. Very useful for weapons with already combined elements or stupidly high base slash damage because those are what scale the furthest.

They should actually heal a % of nearby ally's health in ticks.

They should not tank damage and take none of it.

Especially not when they spawn in the dozens.

That doesn't work, because players kill things too fast. If you lob a grenade that does 10K damage into a crowd, and the enemies only have 2K health, how is a healer that restores some percentage of their health going to affect anything at all? Versus: if the healer gives them massive damage reduction, now the smaller enemies survive the grenade because you didn't kill the healer first.

DE isn't putting obstacles in your way to frustrate you, healers are a gameplay systems that allow the game to be more interesting than just "click button, everything dies".

DE isn't putting obstacles in your way to frustrate you, healers are a gameplay systems that allow the game to be more interesting than just "click button, everything dies".

By implementing binary mechanics that barely make things more interesting. It's literally just "things take less damage".

The tactic of taking down the ancients first everybody knows. The problem is, this is assuming that:

- You can GET to them in the first place

- You can safely do so at minimal risk to yourself

- You can prioritize them WITHOUT wasting shots on other infested in the way

- They spawn in reasonable numbers.

By implementing binary mechanics that barely make things more interesting. It's literally just "things take less damage".

1.) By forcing the player to follow an intelligent target prioritization where none would otherwise exist

2.) By preventing indiscriminate AOE attacks from dominating absolutely every encounter (only most of them)

'This link is not shared to other Ancient infested, such as Ancient Disrupter and Toxic Ancient.'

This is untrue, and was confirmed untrue months back. Please stop spreading incorrect information; The damage reduction for AH is shared with other Ancients, as is the reduction from Toxic and Disruptir with them and eachother. 

Edited by Gigaus