Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restricting Sorties To Rank 30 Warframes Doesn't Make Sense In Solo/private Games

Clows-Hydee

The Restriction doesn't do much in the first place since it won't stop the MR4 Excalibur with his Braton from joining your game.

Anyway, please remove the restriction from solo/private games and let us decide if we want to level our frames in sorties.

A clanmate and I wanted to take our Ivara/Wukong to a Sortie Survival but couldn't because they weren't rank 30.

+1 this. My usual companion recently Forma'd his Frost Prime and hasn't been able to bring him for a while. I'm not anywhere near as good a Frost player as he is. On the flip side, I usually run Nova, and he's not nearly as good a Nova player as I am. So missions we usually faceroll all of a sudden are actually troublesome.

I think you are not quite understanding the point of the Sorites. 

I believe they are supposed to be a way of testing and pushing your frames and weapons. So while doing them solo seems daunting, it could be seen as a way even further test your capabilities with your 30 gear...while solo.

+1 this. My usual companion recently Forma'd his Frost Prime and hasn't been able to bring him for a while. I'm not anywhere near as good a Frost player as he is. On the flip side, I usually run Nova, and he's not nearly as good a Nova player as I am. So missions we usually faceroll all of a sudden are actually troublesome.

Why not just level up your War Frames. its hardly a difficult thing to do. Especially since you're given so much time,

Sorties are not made for ranking up gear they are there for big end game reward pools. If you wanna rank stuff just do it the old fashioned way and take some low level gear into the void.

I can see reasons for restrictions in pubs but in private games we should be able to decide what we want to do in our missions

I can see reasons for restrictions in pubs but in private games we should be able to decide what we want to do in our missions

I don't agree. Because then they would be used by those with lower gear to gain huge amounts of affinity and have access to rewards and large credit caches (supposing these all remained for solo players) that were meant for those who have put the work into their gear elsewhere.

Edited by RawGritz

Oh, I wish everything was 30 when choosing matchmaking, or at least a high conclave rating on the gear you bring.

those butter knives and BB guns aren't cutting it. :p

tumblr_lq3pze9MxX1qko4x4o1_500.gif <-- grrr

I wouldn't ever user them for leveling gear, but just because it's something I'm not going to use it doesn't mean I have to be against it. though don't come QQing when your low level frame gets bulldozered in solo mode. RIP in rubedo Seekers

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Ahcruna

+1 who care about getting "huge" amount of affinity anyway ? if they manage to do a sortie with a low level frame they deserve it^

Sorties are not made for ranking up gear they are there for big end game reward pools. If you wanna rank stuff just do it the old fashioned way and take some low level gear into the void.

If they want to rank up their gear while doing sortie in private i don't see the problem and you shouldn't too, there is a word for this kind of attitude : inteference (yeah i know that would horrible if they could have a challenging and fun experience while leveling efficiently their stuff :x)

Actually i mostly do sortie for a massive amount of focus so your line about "big end game reward pools" made me bitterly smile (rngesus is a b...h with me and i thank the trade chat to allow me bypassing that)

+1 who care about getting "huge" amount of affinity anyway ? if they manage to do a sortie with a low level frame they deserve it^

If they want to rank up their gear while doing sortie in private i don't see the problem and you shouldn't too, there is a word for this kind of attitude : inteference (yeah i know that would horrible if they could have a challenging and fun experience while leveling efficiently their stuff :x)

Actually i mostly do sortie for a massive amount of focus so your line about "big end game reward pools" made me bitterly smile (rngesus is a b...h with me and i thank the trade chat to allow me bypassing that)

Missing the point entirely... Sorties were created as something to do with your level 30 gear...something to do beyond grind and level said gear.

You want a challenge... Take your sub-30 gear to a Raid.

Edited by RawGritz

Missing the point entirely... Sorties were created as something to do with your level 30 gear...something to do beyond grind and level said gear.

You want a challenge... Take your sub-30 gear to a Raid.

I didn't miss it, i just couldn't care less about the reason why they were created in the first place, like everything in warframe it can be changed and improved in many way and one of them would be to allow private games. (just one among many idea imo)

And your idea is irrelevant here since the op and his friend are only 2 (thus i wouldn't call doing LoR with sub 30 gear a challenge (the normal version ofc) already done that and it didn't let me a lasting memories :p

Moreover i prefer to chose where i'll find a suitable challenge thank you very much !

While I agree with the OP that you should be able to take non-30 frames, I don't think it's a good idea.

I use so many different frames for so many different purposes, that I've been afraid to forma anything since Sorties began. I use Limbo for rescues, and I got Primed Flow and Primed Continuity and they wouldn't fit on my build without forma. But if I formaed him and there was a rescue for the day, I was screwed unless I took what I felt was a less useful frame for the job. (I know the argument for this is to just do Draco a few times, but screw that.)

On the other hand, I agree that only level 30 weapons should be allowed in sorties. There was an excavation a few days ago where I joined on a group and two of them had leveling gear, relying solely on their Nyx and Frost frames. the kill spread was 270, 350, 27, and 60. I was the 270. I worked my butt off trying to keep the pods alive and I had no idea why we were having so much trouble until the endcard.

So while I agree that it's not a place to level your gear, I can see the point where if you know your gear is good enough for the job you should be able to take it. But not everyone would do it that way.

Edited by Rynslet

tl;dr for Syln's post, he misses the point, and whines about it.

5 lines are too long for you ? :x

With so much argumentation i guess i'll stick to my opinion ^

While I agree with the OP that you should be able to take non-30 frames, I don't think it's a good idea.

I use so many different frames for so many different purposes, that I've been afraid to forma anything since Sorties began. I use Limbo for rescues, and I got Primed Flow and Primed Continuity and they wouldn't fit on my build without forma. But if I formaed him and there was a rescue for the day, I was screwed unless I took what I felt was a less useful frame for the job. (I know the argument for this is to just do Draco a few times, but screw that.)

On the other hand, I agree that only level 30 weapons should be allowed in sorties. There was an excavation a few days ago where I joined on a group and two of them had leveling gear, relying solely on their Nyx and Frost frames. the kill spread was 270, 350, 27, and 60. I was the 270. I worked my butt off trying to keep the pods alive and I had no idea why we were having so much trouble until the endcard.

So while I agree that it's not a place to level your gear, I can see the point where if you know your gear is good enough for the job you should be able to take it. But not everyone would do it that way.

Basically the op was talking about private game so anyway if he and his friends wanna go undergeared i think you'll agree that it's their problem^

Most of the con reply i read on this topic are from people who see the sortie in a way and don't want to try and see it from a different angle.

People are entitled to their opinion i get that but sometimes trying to understand other point of view can be really rewarding.

Edited by Syln

Sorties are intended to be end game content and should require you to bring your best gear but, there are some very skilled gamers that don't need to be held to those requirements.

In solo mode, you're the only one to blame if you mess up. I don't see why ditching the rank req's would be a bad thing when it's just you.

5 lines are too long for you ? :x

With so much argumentation i guess i'll stick to my opinion ^

Basically the op was talking about private game so anyway if he and his friends wanna go undergeared i think you'll agree that it's their problem^

Most of the con reply i read on this topic are from people who see the sortie in a way and don't want to try and see it from a different angle.

People are entitled to their opinion i get that but sometimes trying to understand other point of view can be really rewarding.

I completely understand the POV. I simply don't agree. There are plenty of places to level gear. 

Skilled players or players with better gear would simply carry sub-30lvl gear players during sorties to get the sortie rewards. It's for level 30 frames and gear. Folks may just have to deal with that.

now I don't mind a neutered version with lesser rewards and similarly leveled/augmented enemies, where people could solo.

Just because people want what they can't have doesn't mean someone doesn't understand.

Edited by RawGritz

We both have full time jobs, graveyard shift ones. And not on the same schedules.

Congratulations. So do most of the players that are capable of end game content.

EDIT: on the job thing, that is. Shift is a nonissue and I'm not sure why it was mentioned because everyone who works does their job, has some free time, and sleeps the same as everyone else.

Listen, if you guys are having issues leveling your warframes again, I am skeptical of your capability of handling sorties. Bite the bullet. Spend an hour or so in Draco and get your warframes leveled again so you can do whatever it is you want.

Edited by Chipputer

I don't agree. Because then they would be used by those with lower gear to gain huge amounts of affinity and have access to rewards and large credit caches (supposing these all remained for solo players) that were meant for those who have put the work into their gear elsewhere.

And how does this effect you?

Chances are pretty good that you'll never run into these players and them doing things differently isn't keeping you from playing the game the way you enjoy.

It's a private match, why is someone playing differently so detrimental?

Ceres. Draco. Level up there.

One session to 4 rounds almost always gets me to rank 30 or really darn close.

^ Truth here. ^

I really would like a MR cap on sorties, nothing below MR8. Nothing more irritating then queuing up for a sortie and you get two MR4 Excaliburs in ridiculous colors with Bratons and the like... yeah, that's gonna end well.

Newbs should not even think about running sorties. Just don't do it. Just don't. :D

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I agree, and having level 30 warframe doesn't mean anything considering a lvl 10 warframe can potentially be stronger than a 30 one without potato/forma. If they want a restriction, use conclave. Even if it isn't perfect too, it is still better.

Ceres. Draco. Level up there.

One session to 4 rounds almost always gets me to rank 30 or really darn close.

You know, some people like me still like to PLAY the game, to have a silly little thing called fun. If I wanted to just watch numbers grow by doing some boring routine I'd have played Cookie Clicker.

That being said, warframe lvl restrictions on sorties should either be gone for solo/friends/invite modes or set to more reasonable value like 20. I can understand why public mode must have it, but if my clanmates and I want to mess around with low-lvl frames, why shouldn't we be able to?

Limitations should make sense. This one doesn't.

There is so much resistance against what some guy wants to do alone in his private games

and the only reason why people think that is "BUT SORTIES WERENT MADE FOR RANKING STUFF UP"

Yes yes, we know...and humans havent particularly cared about how things ARE...but how thing's SHOULD be.

Nothing would ever change if we were so content with how things ARE already