Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Can We Talk About Vauban's Potential For A Second?

Rahetalius

As I'm writing this, there is currently a thread on the Warframe subreddit gathering a lot of attention. 

This: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3y0oor/ideas_for_a_vauban_rework_based_on_ivaras/

Basically, the user known as easternmind is suggesting that Ivara's Quiver mechanic also be used for Vauban. 

In other words:

1: Put Tesla, Bounce, Bastille, and Vortex into 1 ability, like Ivara's Quiver.

2: You now have 3 spaces open for new abilities. The sky's the limit.

This works because since Vauban's an engineer-themed Warframe, he has a wide variety of new abilities to have thanks to his 3 now open slots. Considering how diverse Vauban-player suggestions have been, you have a LOT of stuff to choose from. Turrets, mines, force fields, teleporters, you name it.

I know I'm not the only one who'd like to see our dear ballmaster get the touch-up he deserves. 

Edited by Rahetalius

Also, I think we should compact all of the abilities that Excalibur has now because they all use the same weird mechanic. Same sword, different purposes

Also, I think we should compact all of the abilities that Excalibur has now because they all use the same weird mechanic. Same sword, different purposes

I believe the dev's should look into something like this but if they took the route by adding all his skills into 1, they'll have to make them be on a smaller scale then before. Having Bastille as a 1? Don't think would go so well.

But yea, it would leave room for some other cool abilities for him: Turrets, mines, and grenades should be Incorporated into his kit somehow.

The main problem with Vauban is that Tesla and Bounce are useless while Bastile and Vortex serve the same purpose.

If tesla had a 100% proc chance, Bounce was removed for something good, and Bastile or Vortex got something extra (like Vortex reduces enemy armor) he would be in a better spot fundamentally. 

i feel you could put the first ability and the jump into being the same ability and having the other two become not the same but either or and cant have both active at the same time. as a warframe all of his abilitys come from grenades (even though we doesnt have one that functions like a normal grenade XD) with him being an engineer he could use a turret or land mind.....or hold on a healing ability. something to heal (fix) an ally that could also be extended to defenses targets. i know the idea might sound dumb but his kit just feels completely weird that all his powers are just grenades. i think he could use something different and new. 

at least all we wants it'a complete change for the "2" and bastille who work, at least, one who may challenge frost (need to debug bastille a bit)

Don't speak for all, please. Boumce pads are pretty helpful to block doors, narrow corridors and keep away enemies from consoles. If correctly placed you can even set them up to shoot enemies towards vortex, bastille, or deny hiding and camping spots to the enemy (in both pve and pvp, where it confuses the enemy by sending him up high) it shouldn't be removed, maybe be put in rotation with the 1 and add a new skill on key 2

I think the idea of using Ivara's multiple arrow mechanic on Vauban's grenades is a great one. This would be the only way that people who want to use him in more "end game" situations as well as the people who are fighting the (ridiculous) argument that bounce pads and Tesla coils are viable for anything other than fun or extremely specific scenarios and very low lvl enemies are both going to be satisfied. Really don't care how you try to argue how much or why you love Vauban at this point (I do too) because I know for a fact that anything useful you can get Vauban to do, I can get another frame to do as well as something else useful to add to the squad. Basically Vauban is still Viable due to Vortex and Bastille but can be out classed by a majority of Warframes built around the same use (Crowd Control). Vortex and Bastille need something to make both of them more unique or atleast different from eachother in functionality also.

There is another thread on here regarding Vauban and his kit where we have some ideas but are mostly trying to spitball some new ones that you can find here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/582490-vauban-is-obsolete-idea-for-a-rework/