Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Crystals Are To Rare!

SchattenOfDeath

So I needed 3 argon crystals to build my amprex, I ran a couple tower 3 exterminates and didnt get any so I decided to look it up and people said to run tower 1 survivals so thats what I did. I hopped into one and it took me about 15 minutes to finally get 1 argon drop, 15 minutes later i got another one and came out of a 40 minute survival with 1200 kills and only 2 argon crystals! The next morning I ran another tower 1 survival and went for 30 minutes and got 0 argon drops out of 700 kills! I mean this is ridiculous, plus they dissapear after 24 hours of being in your inventory even though they are so damn rare! 

I wouldn't say they're are too rare, it's really just RNG. There are times in which I walk out with 1 or 2 after a 40 minute survival and there are times in which I walk out with 13.

^ I concur. ^

If anything, the degrading should be changed or just removed. I mean they are crystals, not organic matter like neurodes or nano spores or something. Doesn't make sense to me. Unless, of course, they are physical (crystalized) embodiments of pure void energy and when removed from the void they start to break down.

^ I concur. ^

If anything, the degrading should be changed or just removed. I mean they are crystals, not organic matter like neurodes or nano spores or something. Doesn't make sense to me. Unless, of course, they are physical (crystalized) embodiments of pure void energy and when removed from the void they start to break down.

Argon doesn't have a natural crystallized state, and it's only in the space hell that is the Void can something impossible like that happen.  And they're not that hard to get.  I'll play a half dozen Tower missions and have like 50 at the end of the day.  I build incubator cores with them somI can farm Kubrows.  I'm trying for one of each kind.

Did a T1 suvival 20 min...got 0

Did another...got 2 crystals in 2.5 minutes.

It really is RNG, but I feel your pain.

This.

Same thing happened to me last night. It's a pain, but it happens. All you can do is pray to RNGesus and HOPE he blesses you.

^ I concur. ^

It actually makes sense for elements to decay - basically, some nuclei are unstable and tend to split apart after a while, for example some isotopes of Beryllium, some isotopes of Boron, etc etc. The part that doesn't make sense is them being Argon, since Argon is a noble gas which is naturally stable (unless you count trace isotopes like Argon-39 or synthetic ones such as Argon-41).

@OP: RNG. Go do infinite Void missions, you won't be disappointed.

In sum: you have a better chance of Argon Crystals dropping by doing "endless" mission types: Defense, Survival, and Interception, than other mission types (Capture, Exterminate, Sabotage).  

If you are able to do T4 missions with a good squad, Vor has a chance to drop an Argon Crystal too.  In my experience, Exterminate is one of the worst missions to farm for Argon because of the limited number of enemies.  For this reason, I am running out of T1 Survival keys...lol