Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Is The Best Melee Weapon In Pvp

.Jet.

guilding light is not balanced, period, where comes this hyperbole of alpha and omega of stances

and who would use Wings and Beak as a gap closer, even if you managed to do it your TTK would remain around 4-5 seconds unlike Heeding call picturing how spamming a manually gap closed melee applies to Blind Justice too, thus being a general "pro" factor as in "will give some result", just like everything else that was listed as a particular Cons to BJ but actually is a general thing

-Alpha&Omega: I like to put some exageration as a means of criticize people without solid proof. (example: I said in a post "loki dies even from karyst" or something like that, in another thread I put "you cannot kill a loki with karyst". The first was a clear exageration to point that loki is VERY squishy, the second is a matter of fact, Karyst deals too little damage to be viable weapon, even if it ignores shields).

I use wings and beak to close the gap, with both Martial Fury is enough to push your attack speed enough to do it. I don't use Wings and beak to kill, I just use it to close the gap, I use Taking Flight to kill, and actually it kills most frames without channeling. Anything below Saryn will be killed by that combo or be left with little hp so a fast Wings&Beak will be enough to finish.

I don't deny Guiding Light damage is a bit too high, I actually suggested the damage be returned to pre-u18 levels (and the damage of Destined path returned). Heeding Call hasn't changed with U18 actually, and I can tell you because I've been pure melee since the dawn of Conclave 2.0 (well, to be honest I started using Paris, Kunai and melee, then after Mistral I switched to pure melee because I good with it and my long range aim is very lacking with projectile weapons and I'm to proud to use hitscan since I consider them unfair)

to Marrt

i used guilding light 2 times, the first one was just to get an idea about that thing, the second one was to see how good it would do by just spamming it, i joined a ffa match and ended it with 25 kills, i remained silent about this just because melee as a whole was unusable, but now its time to stop that nonsense

i dont know how you came with the idea of this being a difficult thing to do, but i sure understand why it went unchanged since no one  wanted to call nerfs on the only thing usable in melee

me and several other players have self banned it from our hands

anyway, i dont mean to be an anti BJ or anything, i just expect a tweak on guilding light

Edited by rockscl

Here's my second match ever with dragon nikana. I've had no previous experience with it. This has to stop.

Nice video, could you upload one against veteran players to see how op D Nikana/Blind Justice truly is? you know, against someone who can jump, dodge and open fire at you.

What has to stop is gunplayers complaining there is a good melee weapon to stop them. Blind Justice isn't overpowered, it's one of the few weapon/stance combinations that actually work. I wish all weapons followed that example, and DE should fix melee combat (buff several weapons/stances that are too slow/weak, give a good reason to use air melee like knockdown or a 'grounding' effect to lock players of their bulletjumps for a short amount of time or lock-on a la MM, and hopefully give more gap closers to weapons).

Here's my second match ever with dragon nikana. I've had no previous experience with it. This has to stop.

I think you Can easily go 25-0 with An AR or maybe with another gun, however.

I don't see any Opness, truly. You kill somedude And you die, a normal match. If you miss The Combo you are Pretty much dead, you Can see in this video At some Point. Yes It kill fast. Is a Good stance? Yes. And maybe Is the only One. Is Easy To use? Yes, maybe but once you learn how to move, everything is Easy. Shall we nerf It Just because it's Good? C'Mon this is too much really.

And to all the people who Said 'it kill loki with one shot' well: you cannot have your wife drunk and The bottle full at the same time. If you want to be fast, you have to be fragile. And this is not Just for this thread

Sorry man but this is nowhere near the level of the original video. You could do better in this match with anything else. Most time you are just hitting the air and manage to kill only those who are distracted or don't move at all. Almost anyone who was shooting you killed you and that's because you weren't dodging.

Sooo it turns out this combo is not so OP and actually requires some skills.

Sorry man but this is nowhere near the level of the original video. You could do better in this match with anything else. Most time you are just hitting the air and manage to kill only those who are distracted or don't move at all. Almost anyone who was shooting you killed you and that's because you weren't dodging.

Sooo it turns out this combo is not so OP and actually requires some skills.

Exactly. I don't even know how to use it and I still dominated that match, going late finishing early. And yeah sure I could practice with it, but I'm not going to, because it's rude. Getting even better with it is just disrespectful. Notice how I said that was my second round? I'm not even a melee player, let alone dragon nikana. I was literally looking at what the combos were the round before, and in fact I only realized how it was the slashes after the dash that do the damage like half way through that round.

Edited by PhaseShifted

Well, guys won't stop Kittag me or Dera Vandal my face. So why put down my Dragon Nikana? 

Dagon Nikana is indeed an unfair weapon, but "being unfair" is exactly the spirit of Conclave. Everyone not using unfair weapons loses half of the match at the start.      

I think the only problem is that other melee stances aren't At The same level of guiding Light. Melee is not available against most of the players and this is not fair.

Blind Justice is ok, other stances aren't

Edited by _BUSHIDO_

are you kidding me? thats one of the most common ways to kill people, but the sword´s "finisher" doesnt really finishes, its just another attack, and can be dodged, while fists weapons force the enemy to stay on the ground for the complete animation

Oh well I don't mind if the damage is nerfed as long as it still has its utility as a gap closer.

Gap closing is very nice, it's just that the combo directly after that gap closer is a lawnmower which instant kills. This means it not only kills the person you're targeting, but anyone close to you.

Gap closing is very nice, it's just that the combo directly after that gap closer is a lawnmower which instant kills. This means it not only kills the person you're targeting, but anyone close to you.

False, most of the time you are animation locked on the corpse, the only way to kill someone near is if they are almost exactly where the original target is or if the wander into the combo. Pick Swirling Tiger for lawnmower (doesn't have dash tho, which is fine)

its ok if the max power is in the last attack, what is not right is that the dash can kill by itself without landing anything else

To be fair, the dash unchanneled only kills the most squishy frames, you need to channel to kill average frames and the full combo is required for tanky frames, channeled or not. Killing a loki or nova with the dash is not different from rushing to them from above or with a bulletjump and fire a tigris on their face, in terms of damage of course.

False, most of the time you are animation locked on the corpse, the only way to kill someone near is if they are almost exactly where the original target is or if the wander into the combo. Pick Swirling Tiger for lawnmower (doesn't have dash tho, which is fine)

To be fair, the dash unchanneled only kills the most squishy frames, you need to channel to kill average frames and the full combo is required for tanky frames, channeled or not. Killing a loki or nova with the dash is not different from rushing to them from above or with a bulletjump and fire a tigris on their face, in terms of damage of course.

Nah, there are several options. If you want to, you can just stop your attack after the dash and first slash, which kills anything. If there are more people around, you can just keep slashing. Or, you can stop after the dash and slash, slide to close a bit more of a gap, and if you're fast enough, continue the combo right at the point where it'll kill anything. There is no "being locked on the corpse" at all.

Nah, there are several options. If you want to, you can just stop your attack after the dash and first slash, which kills anything. If there are more people around, you can just keep slashing. Or, you can stop after the dash and slash, slide to close a bit more of a gap, and if you're fast enough, continue the combo right at the point where it'll kill anything. There is no "being locked on the corpse" at all.

With both Martial Fury and Ralentless assault that is possible, also with good reflexes and sitting ducks for targets. You will usually kill one, maybe two, most of the time you will get the kill and have to dodge a hailstorm of bullets going in your general direction or you will be killed. It's all sheer luck and skill to pull such chain-kill, miracle if you are against veteran or even advanced players.

Threw this on for a laugh earlier... The salt was real... It actually felt fun though to have melee somewhat viable again as long as no one knows how to jump.

I then went through all my other melee weapons trying out the pause combos.

Gaia's Tragedy: hell of a lot of fun and can take out multiple people with the hulk slamming. Also leads into a finisher for maximum salt.

Four Riders: Meh, too slow and damage is far too weak.

Iron Pheonix: Felt a bit inconsistent, might have been the hitbox of the attacks. If something is alive for the finale it leads into a finisher oppertunity.

Snapdragon: Mios is very sluggish so attack speed mod is recommended, looks awesome though and the attack after the pause is multihit and pretty much destroys a rhino's in a new ironskin.

Honestly it feels like Nikana is the only weapon now that rewards the downside of running without a gun. Everything else while viable has a huge downside. Some weapons just don't even deal enough damage even while channeling their full pause combo into a Rhino's face.

Melee has become so marginalised thanks to its very high risk for very low reward. Mostly due to the over abundance of parkour without stamina and the very high time to kill hitscan/near hitscan weapons.

Edited by grimoireofalice