The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitsu San's Workshop - Octavia Youkai is finally here!

HitsuSan

3 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

So Hitsu i have a question, i made this concept for an Ash deluxe skin, it's here on the forums, i won't ask you to make it but i do want to know if it would be possible to make in TennoGen.

Here's the link:

It won't be possible to make it for Tennogen because it's shape is different from the original Ash. In order to be viable it needs to fit the same exact body 1to1. The only thing you can customize is the helmet but you can't give it a hoodie because the helmet attaches at the end of the neck and the only thing that moves during the animations is the neck itself.

10 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

It won't be possible to make it for Tennogen because it's shape is different from the original Ash. In order to be viable it needs to fit the same exact body 1to1. The only thing you can customize is the helmet but you can't give it a hoodie because the helmet attaches at the end of the neck and the only thing that moves during the animations is the neck itself.

Thanks! Needed that one cleared up. But would it be possible to have it just as the textures of the skin being fit to vanilla Ash's model?

57 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

The only thing you can customize is the helmet but you can't give it a hoodie because the helmet attaches at the end of the neck and the only thing that moves during the animations is the neck itself.

You could always take the ivara approach, and not actually connect the hoodie to the rest of the frame. It would be quite the same, but it can get close.

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Thanks! Needed that one cleared up. But would it be possible to have it just as the textures of the skin being fit to vanilla Ash's model?

You'll need to redo the concept for that, as it is i would say no cause your design is made of separated items that don't exist on Ash.

22 minutes ago, Azrael said:

You could always take the ivara approach, and not actually connect the hoodie to the rest of the frame. It would be quite the same, but it can get close.

Maybe but you have to consider how it will look on Ash.

On 29/10/2016 at 6:46 AM, tnkfreexx3 said:

So I guess the charr like creature(guild wars 2 race) is also a no for warframe aesthetic. 

Come to think of it, valkyr the official cat frame does has far less actual resemblance of a cat, compare with bai hu.

Sad that bai hu cant make it this round, but with your talent the ver.2 will for sure be more bada ss!

About the only thing "cat" like Valkyr has is one lousy Alt helm. She's more in common with a Wolverine or similar creature than a cat

On 9/27/2016 at 3:34 PM, HitsuSan said:

No worries, i deliberately made it less edgier than vanilla Ash to make it more appealing to a broader group of people. If you love the vanilla design to death it's pretty clear that you may not like this one ^^

anyway here's something to try to make you change your mind a little bit XD

GQsQAjacBZUhq.gif

Holy S#&$.

It saddens me that console Tennogen keeps getting pushed back. You wouldn't happen to know anything internally? Is there some disagreement between content owners? Or is TWW just taking priority over everything at this point?

DE needs to know what items are selling well before deciding to put them on console, it's not like they're pushing the release back on purpose. Mostly they're waiting to see the figures after some months so they can give you only the most popular ones.

I'm a bit out of topic, but one thing is worring me about Frost : I guess you all saw they are about to add physic on his armored "skirt." It will become all flappy.

Usually i always say "oh, cool why not" when it makes sens, but on Frost ? Am i the only one to think it's weird ?? He's a tank, i mean, look at the Graxx skin : All these grineer-tech heavy plates on the skirt will become flappy ? Wut. Da. Hell.

Anyway, not the end of the world, but..weird.

1 minute ago, Stonehenge said:

I'm a bit out of topic, but one thing is worring me about Frost : I guess you saw they are about to add physic on his armored "skirt." It will become all flappy.

Usually i always say "oh, cool why not" when it makes sens, but on Frost ? Am i the only one to think it's weird ?? He's a tank, i mean, look at the Graxx skin : All these grineer-tech heavy plates on the skirt will become flappy ? Wut. Da. Hell.

Kinda agree with you but that's the reason why my skin looks like a vest more than an armor and i've made it out of a sturdy and hardened looking material that's ok to flap around but still looks like it takes a lot to break it.

6 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

I'm a bit out of topic, but one thing is worring me about Frost : I guess you saw they are about to add physic on his armored "skirt." It will become all flappy.

You make a damn good point...I've been so psyched about the cloth physics that i didn't consider how weird it would look on skins with metallic parts on the coat tail.

32 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Kinda agree with you but that's the reason why my skin looks like a vest more than an armor and i've made it out of a sturdy and hardened looking material that's ok to flap around but still looks like it takes a lot to break it.

And you were so right to keep this in mind. I think the lesson here is : Never try to make "hard plate" skins on long part clothes (everthing that's not on the body i guess ) on a warframe, they seem to prefer make them the most flexible and supple they can, even years after.

30 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

You make a damn good point...I've been so psyched about the cloth physics that i didn't consider how weird it would look on skins with metallic parts on the coat tail.

Scary, isn't it ? It slapped me when i was previsualizing it two hours ago. Honnestly i dont find this very cool. Making de facto some skins obsolete because what you see doesnt' make any sense anymore, well... It's a real problem, considering the price. Hard to argue though, some people will say "I prefer it that way, it's cool." Some others will say "It fitted well when it was on a rigid part, that's why i spent 6 euros. Now it's just ugly, so thanks but no thanks."  And to be very honnest, if i have already bought the Grost skin, i would be damn, angry.

15 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

And you were so right to keep this in mind. I think the lesson here is : Never try to make "hard plate" skins on long part clothes (everthing that's not on the body i guess ) on a warframe, they seem to prefer make them the most flexible and supple they can, even years after.

Scary, isn't it ? It slapped me when i was previsualizing it two hours ago. Honnestly i dont find this very cool. Making de facto some skins obsolete because what you see doesnt' make any sense anymore, well... It's a real problem, considering the price. Hard to argue though, some people will say "I prefer it that way, it's cool." Some others will say "It fitted well when it was on a rigid part, that's why i spent 6 euros. Now it's just ugly, so thanks but no thanks."  And to be very honnest, if i have already bought the Grost skin, i would be damn, angry.

Thing is...currently my Frost Prime is rocking that Grost skin and now that this is happening it leaves me quite concerned, tho i guess that there are things such as flexible metal(dunno where really but it's probably somewhere) but this one looks so....clearly a solid straight metal piece.

9 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Thing is...currently my Frost Prime is rocking that Grost skin and now that this is happening it leaves me quite concerned, tho i guess that there are things such as flexible metal(dunno where really but it's probably somewhere) but this one looks so....clearly a solid straight metal piece.

Well, of course it does. It has been clearly imagined as a solid metal piece. Maybe we should write a topic about it, i just lack vocabulary, but i think this problem should be known.

The general idea is : Modifying the physic of a model after a lot of skins have been relased for it can bring real problems. (As far as i know, there is no refund, for example.)

I assume it's useless to suggest adding a choice in game between old solid model and new physic model. I even wonder if it's technically doable.

9 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

DE needs to know what items are selling well before deciding to put them on console, it's not like they're pushing the release back on purpose. Mostly they're waiting to see the figures after some months so they can give you only the most popular ones.

TennoGen's been going on for a year at this point. Seems like they should have all the data they need. But I guess they're looking at retention, popularity over the long-term. Which probably means the we won't see content from the last two rounds for a long time.

Oh well. As long as we get Alata, I'm content. That was the skin that sold me on TennoGen.

43 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

How in the world did I miss this?  Submit both the skin and the animation.  I'll get both. 

The skin was submitted but not accepted. He is altering the skin based on feedback from DE and will re-submit once it's done.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

TennoGen's been going on for a year at this point. Seems like they should have all the data they need. But I guess they're looking at retention, popularity over the long-term. Which probably means the we won't see content from the last two rounds for a long time.

Oh well. As long as we get Alata, I'm content. That was the skin that sold me on TennoGen.

;)

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

The skin was submitted but not accepted. He is altering the skin based on feedback from DE and will re-submit once it's done.

We're probably loosing the blindfold though ^^

1 minute ago, HitsuSan said:

Aw... I liked the blindfold. But I get it. That thing would last about 0.3 seconds before being incinerated or flying off into the vacuum of space.

What if you instead made it a little more sci-fi, or looked like it was part of the frame, like Mesa's headwrap?

5 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Aww, that makes me a little sad. But okay.

I don't really get it though. Mesa looks more human than Bai Hu does, and one of her alt helmets even has a robot eye. Why is her headwrap okay but a blindfold not? Eh, it's alright, I'm just confused.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Aww, that makes me a little sad. But okay.

I don't really get it though. Mesa looks more human than Bai Hu does, and one of her alt helmets even has a robot eye. Why is her headwrap okay but a blindfold not? Eh, it's alright, I'm just confused.

The blindfold makes it look like he does have eyes to cover and i can't keep the tiger nose shape if i have that cause it kinda looks humanized. Mesa doesn't have a nose or something resembling a mouth and her head it's all blindfolded so it looks way less human-like. They're right about that if that's what they want, it's just a shame cause it took me so long to find a perfect balance for that helmet and now if i change something it doesn't work so i'll have to change something big like all his frontal part.

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

;)

Maybe you could take a look at how the Ash Deluxe Skin tries to do a blindfold. Because that skin has a blindfold thing going on. So, maybe you could take some inspiration from that. So have the color be the same in that area of the helmet, but don't make it look like cloth. Make it look like it's built into the helmet.

3 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

Well, of course it does. It has been clearly imagined as a solid metal piece. Maybe we should write a topic about it, i just lack vocabulary, but i think this problem should be known.

The general idea is : Modifying the physic of a model after a lot of skins have been relased for it can bring real problems. (As far as i know, there is no refund, for example.)

I assume it's useless to suggest adding a choice in game between old solid model and new physic model. I even wonder if it's technically doable.

Indeed, but to be completely honest...I'll still be happy, Frost getting his cloth physics is something I've been waiting for for years now. Now he's finally getting it so i won't ruin this moment for myself lol. It's weird, but eh...nothing to really do about it. Right?

Archived