The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ramparts. De, What Are You Doing?! Stahp!

ShortbusGangster

Ever run into a rampart in an enclosed hallway?

I have, found out it was there the hard way when I skidded in and began wall hopping and instantly got hosed put of the air with my valkyr....had I known it was there I would have used hysteria to eat the hundreds of rounds he used to turn my frame I to squish and scrap.

For that one brief moment, you encountered the unknown. Eventually you overcame it.

Does that little shock to your system justify the nerf of a whole new game feature?

Or have you been able to adapt and overcome the challenge since that encounter?

Because some of you are just going WAHHH when the big bad grineer break your false sense of godly immortality.

I love dashing the ramparts, the code now works in favor of fast airborne tenno, as long as you keep moving, wall running and bullet jumping, you'll take alot less damage as the enemies take an accuracy nerf based on your many movement factors.

Edited by DamienTokala

Enemy awareness and the entire A.I in general should be completely overhauled, its the only thing imo bringing down the game when you really think about it. I mean a game about ninjas and stealth should make you think, not force you to grind op weapons to bring down bullet sponges that make stealth impossible or not worth the time and effort.

As powerful as they are, I find that that they are just as hax when you use them. All I do is take Frost into Survival/Defence/Interception/MD, find a nearby Rampart, lay down SG, and murder everything. While LoS is a problem, the Ramparts are some of the most OP things in game. 

Ramparts are never really a problem unless you let yourself get pinned down. as soon as you see a Rampart, you should be racing towards it, using bullet jump and sliding etc. to avoid any incoming fire. if you see an empty Rampart, get to it and use it against the Grineer. nothing like giving them a taste of their own medicine.

if you wanna talk enemies that are GENUINELY OP, how about Sapping Ospreys in Sorties?

God I hate those things. I got oneshotted in my Frostp by them in Sortie 3 a while ago.
Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Punch Through works on ramparts with projectile weapons. Hitscan weapons get blocked from the front, but anything with a simulated, travel time projectile works just fine.

The difference between the two weapon types is likely a bug, though it could just be an odd design choice. 

Nowhere on any map have I seen a rampart place at the end of a hallway, causing a deadlocked bottleneck.

And even then, I only die to them if I have my feet on the ground, once I see them, I do my flying leap of death and slam them off their rampart, problem solved.

Tonbo is great for this, as the range will slash through the front of the rampart

this topic agien?, didn't someone else make this topic before and it got locked cuz everyone told OP to get gud?

And what do ya know, the problem still isn't fixed. 

There could be a correlation here. Just maybe... I'm just saying... Like... Get Gud isn't exactly advice nor a adequate solution...

Okay, allow me to explain further as though you yourself are too dense to understand what I am saying. Like... There's an issue with balance and it really punishes new players but old players who have already fought their way across the solar system and gotten the mods they need to be superelitepwnagemlgyoloalphamalenotnoobziamsoproudontevenknowespeciallywheniplaywithmyclanman don't have a problem with these new additions because they already have the tools to "Easy Mode" around them (as the young kids and 20 year old gamers say these days). 

So... Whenever a new person has a question and you explain to them to get gud without having to actually strengthen YOUR resolve with HALF THE MODS AND ARSENAL you have now... Think twice because odds are they are playing with a higher level of difficulty then you ever had to deal with while you were half the Tenno you are today.

Okay?

It's not that difficult folks, think smarter not harder.

Also the topic is on ramparts, why do elite players have to use any grievance with one game element as an invitation to talk about how awesome they are at killing other elements of the game? I mean, seriously, are you bored? Do you need that level of validation that- oh hell nevermind onto some actual substance.

---

Yeah Ramparts are unfair as hell sometimes, especially whenever you enter a room and it's already manned and they are just laying lead on you while you are trying to negotiate your way from a choke point. I used to hate them but with the new revive system they aren't quite as annoying as they used to be. They can't actually crank vertically though so if you can launch over their head and slam downward then you should be able to jostle the gunner from his spot. Easier said than done when shotgunners are camping but fortunately you can use the rampart itself as cover- just DO NOT MAN THE RAMPART YOURSELF IF YOU ARE STILL NEW the animation of "climbing into the rampart" will spell death for you.

I still say punchthrough should kill their operator at least, not kill the rampart itself but at least remove the source of it's damage output momentarily. Oh God, to solo a rampart mission with 20+ enemies in the room and juggle attention between them and the new lucky winner of the rampart party.

Ivara....

Or Limbo... Limbo laughs... Hard...

As does Rhino...

... and Frost...

... and Volt...

... and Ash...

... and Loki...

... and ... 

Honestly, I think the whining is simply because some players got it in their heads that they were god-like beings of awesomesauce and got a little upset when they got brought down to earth. That... or they don't like anything that, initially, gives them a bit of a challenge ( whilst simultaneously complaining that the game is too easy ).

Edited by Kenboushou

As does Rhino...

... and Frost...

... and Volt...

... and Ash...

... and Loki...

... and ... 

Honestly, I think the whining is simply because some players got it in their heads that they were god-like beings of awesomesauce and got a little upset when they got brought down to earth. That... or they don't like anything that, initially, gives them a bit of a challenge ( whilst simultaneously complaining that the game is too easy ).

Well I know Limbo xD being indestructible is fun xF

Rampart vs Rampart

The never ending battle of bullet hoses and invincible shields.

There should be a reliable way to deal with them from a distance at least.

any weapon with projectile travel time and punch through, or AOE explosives, or AOE powers