Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im A Bit Broke Now

Lotus.slayer

Well thanks for letting us know.

If you want to ensure that you get more of them, then please forward this note to:

RNJesus

Random Street (Randomly generated number here)

Brownian Motion City, Monte Carlo Algorithm

He will for sure book you some in February.

on 30th december and 2 days ago i got 75% platinum discount :( cant use them now but i will be happy if i will get it again in february. thanks :D

I get 75% at least once a week.

AND I DONT USE THEM! NOT BECAUSE I DIDNT HAVE MONEY, BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO! MWAHAHAHAH*cough**cough*

!!!

Well thanks for letting us know.

If you want to ensure that you get more of them, then please forward this note to:

RNJesus

Random Street (Randomly generated number here)

Brownian Motion City, Monte Carlo Algorithm

He will for sure book you some in February.

lol XD Loved that response, you forgot to tell him that it will take an indefinite amount of time to get a response

• 4 weeks later...

If asking was all I had to do in order to get what I wanted in this game, I'd have everything by now. Unfortunately, we all must bow down to the mystical force that is RNG. What am I trying to say?

Just because you ask, doesn't mean you'll get it... any time soon, anyway.

Edited by Eggzodiya

I have played for 3-years now and never seen one. From what I have heard, the discounts are calculated based on player investment. Those who do not buy plat or haven't bought in a while have increased chances of getting 75% wheres those who do buy platinum once in a while have decreased probability to get them. 

I have played for 3-years now and never seen one. From what I have heard, the discounts are calculated based on player investment. Those who do not buy plat or haven't bought in a while have increased chances of getting 75% wheres those who do buy platinum once in a while have decreased probability to get them.

Oh really?

I spent 50$ on a 75% discount and than got another 75% less than a week after that.

Oh really?

I spent 50$ on a 75% discount and than got another 75% less than a week after that.

Somewhere along his post he mentioned the word "probability," which means chance. It doesn't mean you won't ever get it again even if you spend ten times the amount you just did. There's just a lower "chance" to get it again. Even if you spent $1000 USD on a 75% discount, there's still 0.00000000001% chance you'll get that same discount again 10 times in a row. It's a very tiny chance but, hey, I've seen people with all the luck in the world.

Now, I'm not saying I know particularly how that system works. I'm just trying to clear this part out for you.

Edited by Eggzodiya

Somewhere along his post he mentioned the word "probability," which means chance. It doesn't mean you won't ever get it again even if you spend ten times the amount you just did. There's just a lower "chance" to get it again. Even if you spent $1000 USD on a 75% discount, there's still 0.00000000001% chance you'll get that same discount again 10 times in a row. It's a very tiny chance but, hey, I've seen people with all the luck in the world.

Now, I'm not saying I know particularly how that system works. I'm just trying to clear this part out for you.

Yes exactly. The less you spend, the more likely you are to receive bigger discounts and the more you spend, the less likely you are to receive them. It is a differential variable function of: Investment/Frequency = X.

Now granted, that my information can be inaccurate but at least based on numerous conversations I have had with various players, both who spend less or not at all and those who spend more and of course data collectors, it seems to be a static constant.

From an economists perspective that would be a wise decision as well because players who will already spend a lot anyway are going to buy packs no matter what and they might even willfully want to spend the money to support their already existing investment into the game. Those who haven't spend a lot, are more likely to be persuaded to at least spend a tiny amount of money into the game, should they be given some leverage in the form of platinum discount coupons.

This business model ensures that the game stays alive and has a steady stream of revenue for as long as the game itself manages to keep the players interested enough to invest in the product of Warframe. In a game that is indie like this, this is one of the more common and less risky business models that seems to serve indie games well, or at least better to say the least.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Ah okay.there's been a claim that Asian VPNs have higher chances to get these. I assume this is true because I have been running a little experiment by going through 3 different accounts. I have gotten one 75% a few days ago on a different account and I have gotten another one on my main account.

I doubt it, but: Brazil

Wouldn't surprise me if it is, since the platinum may be considered expensive in some countries.

I'm from Belgium. Never had the 75% discount in 3 years (2000 hours) time.

Had this theory for a while, but maybe we should run a survey.