The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rapier And Excalibur

MichaelSD

Question

YES. EXACTLY. "Anything that isn't a katana style". Or Chinese dual swords. Both of which are what Excalibur uses. NOT anything that stabs. Show me one move where excalibur stabs.

Finishers with his ulti. Radial javelin.

@Rheoidegen

Well, for one, I can't verify whether you do practice with swords in real life but I can tell you you can still easily stab with a sword.

And the rapier is a sword.

rapier (/ˈrpiər/) is a slender, sharply pointed sword, best suited for thrusting attacks, used mainly in Early Modern Europeduring the 16th and 17th centuries.

Sigh who even cares? The new weapon's super meh anyway.

@BornWithTeeth

He is LITERALLY named after a sword.

Edited by Moghul

Thanks you Sir for testing it out!

@bubba

"Why wouldn't it has Slash procs? A Rapirs pike is sharp after all."

I am not saying it should no have, but since it slashes it is definitely a sword.

Edited by MichaelSD

Totally agree, we don't need rocket science to explain why a rapier (a kind of sword) should get the Excalibur sword mastery passive bonus.

This happens because the Rapier is of Rapier class.

Excalibur only grants his buff to Sword class weapons.

Same as with Heavy Blades (some of which are huge swords), Rapier does not get the bonus, because it is a different type.

Then explain dual swords and nikanas, they are both a different weapon type (even tough they belong to different sword classes) and still get the bonus Edited by -----LegioN-----

I doubt that the rapier class was created to exclude Excalibur's ability. But I put the question the other way around: since there was no rapier class when Excalibur got his ability should it not have it?

The point of the question is, if it was intentional or not.

Edited by MichaelSD

Stat Value

Impact 1.9 Puncture 63.8 Slash 9.4

A Rapier is indeed a sword that does mostly piercing damage. Fencing being swordplay, Excalibur should normally get his passive bonus while using Destreza (especially if he does with Dual Kamas which is imo leagues away from swords but hey...).

Cheers!

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Gwenwed

for the same reasoning why nami solo (a cutlass sword placed in the machete class) and the galatine (a great sword, and also named after the sister sword of excalibur) don't gain bonuses...

because DE says so

Edited by Apoc001

for the same reasoning why nami solo (a cutlass sword placed in the machete class) and the galatine (a great sword, and also named after the sister sword of excalibur) don't gain bonuses...

because DE says so

But DID they?

Or are we jumping to random conclusions that DE is always aware and in control of every single thing that happens in their game because we have no idea how game development works?

Edited by -Cen.Silver-

Edit : Changed topic for more discussion-oriented.

Okay, first of all, for any of you who do not know about Excal's passive, copied from wikia :

Excalibur has improved mastery in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage when dealing melee attacks (including via Exalted Blade) while wielding the following weapons:

Bonuses are additive to mods such as Pressure Point and Fury. 

The posterboy is well-known for his swordsmanship and I really enjoy the Destreza a lot.

While I was playing with both of them today, I ask myself why this isn't happened yet.

So what do you guys think about this ?

Edited by SpryCrow