The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crowdsourcing Data For Stalker Drop Rate Log

TGDM

Question

I'm looking to collect data for the Stalker's drop rates. Specifically, for his blueprint drops.

My initial theory was that his drop rates went something along the lines of somewhere between 50-70% chance of NO blueprint at all and then a much higher chance for Dread than any of the others. I'm sure if you data mined the values you'd find that the chance to trigger a blueprint drop is either 25% or 30%, but I'm not here to data dump (because I don't know how to). I'm here to collect data points.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE CONTRIBUTING:

1. You must leave your username with your contribution.

2. Do NOT contribute data from a failed Stalker encounter. If you succeed, the Stalker will drop one of his mods (Blind Justice, Molten Impact, Heavy Impact, Energy Channel, Intensify, Gold Fusion Core).

3. Please check to see if you recognize another player based on the name posted with. Avoid posting drop data from the same encounter.

That said, you can contribute here:

https://docs google com/ spreadsheets/d/1wuTYBk0obcdHItGZucDBo9fBJHW9sYgmoi5pQO0tZ2A/edit?usp=sharing

Replace spaces. Done to avoid bots. Cell ranges will be locked every day or so to protect contributions.

You can also just post in this thread and I'll try to check back every few days.

If you're just passing by and are curious at how the drop distribution looks right now, here's an interactive pie chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuTYBk0obcdHItGZucDBo9fBJHW9sYgmoi5pQO0tZ2A/pubchart?oid=1439934176&format=interactive

The pie chart will automatically update over time as more data is collected.

NOTE ON DATA COLLECTED SO FAR

Over 70% of successful Stalker encounters have resulted in No Blueprint so far. From my personal encounters alone, it is 65%. However, this is still not a significant amount of data points to make any claims... yet. We're definitely seeing a trend already, though.

I will continue to maintain my individual interactions with Stalker as well. My goal is to have at least 200 unique data points by the end of the month spread out across other contributors. If I can get 1000 that'd be neat, too.

As for why I'm doing this? I don't think it's acceptable that there is a >50%, or any chance for that matter, for Stalker not to drop anything. Especially now that Stalker has 6 blueprints on his drop table between Broken-War, Despair, Dread, Hate, War, and Scimitar Engines.

I'm hoping that by collecting enough data and getting it visible enough we can provide DE with constructive feedback as to how to improve the player experience. My initial and current proposals fall along the lines of one of the following:

1. Remove the chance of No Blueprint from Stalker encounters

or

2. Introduce a way to guarantee a Stalker encounter

Variations along those two lines would make significant improvements to the player experience not feeling like a massive grind wall. RNG to spawn, RNG to drop something at all, and RNG to get a desirable is ridiculous. Back when the Stalker was new to the game, and for a very long time after that, the Stalker was always guaranteed to drop something for a blueprint. Many veteran players have stories about just how many duplicate Dreads they acquired before finally obtaining Despair/Hate. Now it's hard to imagine ever completing a full suite of Stalker weapons in anything less than a few thousand hours of dedicated Stalker farming.

RNG and grinding need to and will continue to exist in Warframe. I'm not advocating removing those elements completely from the Stalker encounters; we simply need an improvement to at least one of the three RNG factors tied to Stalker drops.

22 answers to this question

i don't think we need data pools to know that being able to drop nothing is lame.

dropping something is like guaranteeing a Mod Drop from some Enemy. the likeliness of you getting a specific item is still very, very low, but you aren't given nothing for it.

obviously most Enemies we encounter by the thousand, so they shouldn't always drop a Mod. but Enemies you can potentially only face once per quarter... yeah.

Edited by taiiat

My estimate and experience:

(I haven't counted my number of Stalker encounters, so I can't contribute to the .doc, but I do have a list of my BPs)
75% of no BP

75% of that BP being Dread

2.5% chance of that BP being Scimitar

22.5% of getting one of the "silver drops": Despair, Hate, War, Broken War

Source: I have Dread, 5 Dread BPs, Despair, no spare BPs, Hate, and no spare BPs. All of that was pre-Second Dream

My estimate and experience:

(I haven't counted my number of Stalker encounters, so I can't contribute to the .doc, but I do have a list of my BPs)

75% of no BP

75% of that BP being Dread

2.5% chance of that BP being Scimitar

22.5% of getting one of the "silver drops": Despair, Hate, War, Broken War

Source: I have Dread, 5 Dread BPs, Despair, no spare BPs, Hate, and no spare BPs. All of that was pre-Second Dream

Just looking for raw data, not anecdotal stuff at this point. I've had a similar experience, though.

Are you gathering Shadow Stalker, normal Stalker or both?

After the Second Dream hit, anyone that has completed that quest are visited by the Shadow Stalker only...

Yes, but they are identical in all aspects -- most importantly drop tables -- beyond Shadow Stalker being the dumbest, most boring assassin DE has ever devised. If it weren't for his Sentient hitpoints he'd be even weaker than Zanuka Hunter

Yes, but they are identical in all aspects -- most importantly drop tables -- beyond Shadow Stalker being the dumbest, most boring assassin DE has ever devised. If it weren't for his Sentient hitpoints he'd be even weaker than Zanuka Hunter

I thought only Shadow Stalker dropped Broken War and War?

Oh well.  Please disregard. 

ive been marked for death by stalker for almost a year now and have been playing in groups marked also and since completing the color drops from him in late February > early march of last year he hasn't shown up since. I prolly have over 20 marks now.

DE really needs to fix their broken RNG and balance it before they consider to try balance anything in this game to show that  they are capable/competent to do so.

ive been marked for death by stalker for almost a year now and have been playing in groups marked also and since completing the color drops from him in late February > early march of last year he hasn't shown up since. I prolly have over 20 marks now.

DE really needs to fix their broken RNG and balance it before they consider to try balance anything in this game to show that  they are capable/competent to do so.

That's not how it works. Stalker has a 1.5% + (# Of Squad Marked * 0.5%). A single marked player (solo, for example) has a 2% chance to get him to spawn. It's pretty low and the window is only 280 seconds to get him in. It's not great, but it's been this way for a long time. And the # of marks you currently have don't influence your chance to get him to spawn (unless they changed that recently).

On top of that, you can only have 1x mark per boss at a time. Doesn't matter how many times you kill Phorid, for example, because the Stalker can only give you one mark for that boss at a time. When the Stalker shows up, he'll announce which boss he's come to avenge. If it happens to be Phorid, that means you can get a new mark from that boss.

so basically you can have like 15 marks if you have one active from every boss. Vor on Mercury doesn't give a mark which leaves 15 other bosses in the game. The more you know~*

bs, before  killing phorid or kela would  trigger stalker  and many players would run to the forums and cry about it (2013-2014) when the color pigments were introduced stalker suddenly started to not appear that often. coincidence??