The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

excuse me , i herd shes op, let me null that :D

4iom7l.jpg

Install Primed Reach, or even Reach. Problem...nullified.

Seriously though. The regular damage is fine, spin attack needs to be toned down to not hit six times in a quarter second at full damage (of higher, I can't remember), and remove 100% invulnerability; 95% invulnerability would give her survivability ceiling at somewhere around...level 300? However it wouldn't be cheese, as you would have to constantly melee to regen health.

Plus, then she could actually use Rage to fuel her other, arguably better abilities, and make her stronger overall, yet less godmode easy.

Edited by Magneu

I'm sorry but since when are level 200 infested MOAs considered difficult to kill?

Don't answer that because I already have the answer: they aren't.

Now try this on idk, a level 90 corrupted ancient? <----Heavy

Yeah that's what I thought.

EDIT: CRAP I MEANT HEAVY

Edited by Ironlixivium

You misunderstand, I don't want Valkyr nerfed I wanted other frames buffed so they become more sustainable in high level survivals, defense, etc.

I'm sorry but since when are level 200 infested MOAs considered difficult to kill?

Now try this on idk, a level 90 corrupted ancient?

Works just as well.

You misunderstand, I don't want Valkyr nerfed I wanted other frames buffed so they become more sustainable in high level survivals, defense, etc.

Works just as well.

Huh, I stand corrected. However, valkyr is still pretty balanced, she's limited to melee and you won't have a good time if you try to do anything else with her.

My apologies, it's been quite a long time since I've used her, and when you said that I decided to test with her a bit.

Trust, me though, the melee limitation is much worse than it seems.

Edited by Ironlixivium

Then an ancient disruptor walks in and reduces that damage to almost nothing.

Now try this on idk, a level 90 corrupted ancient?

I killed 20 Ancient Eximus at 105 and a mix of Ancient types in the simulacrum in mere seconds with E spam. It's not hard to kill them fast at all.

Buffing every other frame to the same power level as Valkyr will do nothing but make the game even more bloated and difficult to balance. Things get nerfed in other games all the time, people in this community just need to learn to adapt and get over it.

almost went a day without a Valkyr Thread. I swear she's as infamous now as Mesa was pre-rework.

once AGAIN, here are the many downsides to "OP" Valkyr:

- she cannot perform ranged attacks while in Hysteria, she is COMPLETELY restricted to melee.

- she has no CC or support abilities.

- Nullifiers counter Valkyr on Corpus missions, and she's just as vulnerable to those GENUINELY OP Sapping Ospreys, despite her high armour.

- Ancient healers still greatly reduce her damage with their buff. chances are you'll run out of energy and get one-hit before you can claw your way through all the infested.

- she ends up just being a clutch revive frame towards the end of the third Sortie, if it's a Survival or Defense.

seriously, let it go people. she had her rework, she isn't getting touched again. if you don't like her, then don't use her! it really is as simple as that, and I have no idea why people can't comprehend this. if you want to use a frame that can survive, but isn't god-mode, take Wukong. capable of defying death without feeling cheap.

Buffing every other frame to the same power level as Valkyr will do nothing but make the game even more bloated and difficult to balance. Things get nerfed in other games all the time, people in this community just need to learn to adapt and get over it.

You can also direct that statement to people who cry for Valkyr to be nerfed. They don't like invincibility not having downsides despite many others pointing out all the obvious ones.

Learn to adapt and get over it.

almost went a day without a Valkyr Thread. I swear she's as infamous now as Mesa was pre-rework.

once AGAIN, here are the many downsides to "OP" Valkyr:

- she cannot perform ranged attacks while in Hysteria, she is COMPLETELY restricted to melee.

- she has no CC or support abilities.

- Nullifiers counter Valkyr on Corpus missions, and she's just as vulnerable to those GENUINELY OP Sapping Ospreys, despite her high armour.

- Ancient healers still greatly reduce her damage with their buff. chances are you'll run out of energy and get one-hit before you can claw your way through all the infested.

- she ends up just being a clutch revive frame towards the end of the third Sortie, if it's a Survival or Defense.

seriously, let it go people. she had her rework, she isn't getting touched again. if you don't like her, then don't use her! it really is as simple as that, and I have no idea why people can't comprehend this. if you want to use a frame that can survive, but isn't god-mode, take Wukong. capable of defying death without feeling cheap.

If only it were that simple. Let's not start another one in here too.