Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firefall's Comeback?

Shiniko

So for anyone who cares, Firefall currently has a massive game revamp underway, which changes just about everything about the game, from progression to leveling to the world. They're calling the update Firefall 1.6: Razor's Edge.

Alot of the new game elements seem reminescent of Warframe's changes (e.g a Focus system, ability reworks, a new Defense mode, new raids, etc.)

Anyways, I'm gunna be trying out the game again when the servers come back online tmrw, anyone else here play FF and/or wanna try it out? Hit me up, IGN's Shiniko as well.

Post whatever thought you guys have about the topic, but keep it civil please, as Firefall is known to cause alot of toxicity among F2P game enthusiasts for some reason.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks before jumping back into Firefall. I've been following it since closed beta and it's just undergone large rework after large rework. I don't trust the content to be very stable, and jumping back in now means relearning absolutely everything I knew about the game. It was so good back in CB and the team just seemed lost. Will prolly check out Nakiato's and CoopComrades' videos first too...

Still, if you wanna add me, same name as here.

How's the development progress and developers like for that game?

I thought it sort of went stale...

They were basically betting everything on this 1.6 update i think, that they just let the retail servers die while they were testing it on a PTS build.

So this is their first real patch since 2015 April.

this is atleast the third time they've thrown out the entire game and started over.

the correct answer was not third/500th time the charm, but first time the charm.

they got it right the first time, before the entire Development Team got fired/quit, and before they spent $150 Million advertising a Tech Demo.

Firefall died a lot of years ago. but nobody has told the Developer or Investor(s? i've heard there's a different one now but it seems to still be the same one). and the Developer is not Red 5 Studios - Red 5 Studios ceased to exist when the entire company was replaced with new Employees. they still have the same name but it's a completely different company now.

inb4 whining that i'm a hater - i was a very positive supporter of Firefall back in 2010ish times, when it was new and had some actually unique gameplay designs that were really great.

but it all got thrown away and then lots of Development Hell and.... it's just a mess.

I thought it sort of went stale...

it did, in uh... like, 2011.

So for anyone who cares, Firefall currently has a massive game revamp underway, which changes just about everything about the game, from progression to leveling to the world. They're calling the update Firefall 1.6: Razor's Edge.

Alot of the new game elements seem reminescent of Warframe's changes (e.g a Focus system, ability reworks, a new Defense mode, new raids, etc.)

Anyways, I'm gunna be trying out the game again when the servers come back online tmrw, anyone else here play FF and/or wanna try it out? Hit me up, IGN's Shiniko as well.

Post whatever thought you guys have about the topic, but keep it civil please, as Firefall is known to cause alot of toxicity among F2P game enthusiasts for some reason.

I am gonna try it! my name is Mokuto in-game and started playing yesterday. add me. Maybe we can start a guild of warframe players in firefall...lets call it, guild of the frames.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

I might jump back in... but the game died for me when they added a leveling system to the game. I very much preferred the open beta's progression system where it was more based on skill, gear, and upgrade's to the frame. even managed to complete blackwater anomaly with stock gear and nobody in the party noticed... but whatever, my ign in it is isisdrago so if I do manage to drag myself to reinstalling the game shoot me a inv.

LOL

I'll check the patch but seriously doubt ill continue playing.

I've been there since CB, had more than 2k hours on it and then they released it. Talk about Primed Disappointment, they removed everything that made that game special except jetpacks in that new patch.