Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers Second Dream) Where Is Stalker's Tenno?

(XBOX)KingUnlimited0

DE says they will be releasing more and more cinematic quests, so maybe we will find out more? Unless The Second Dream was what they wanted to release lore for the stalker. 

Also. If I recall correctly it wasn't actually formally confirmed that he was a Tenno, it's just assumptions by the community. 

I really, really hope we get more from DE on the Stalker! :)

He might be an Operator who never went into a Dream. Stayed awake and alive for thousands of years, losing his mind in his isolation.

There's that scene where our Operator is looking at their hand as he's looking at his. I took it that it was supposed to convey that they are of a similar nature.

Edit--

Also what Devil said right below me.

Edited by Meta_Nexus

the stalker was never confirmed to be a tenno.

It's heavily implied that he is a Tenno though.

"All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But, you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself." - Hunhow

Edited by EmptyDevil

I undesrtood from that dialogue that stalker is/was a warframe, operator controlled, but he is not anymore. Also i was left with the impression (subjetive) that he maybe killed his operator. The question remaining is if the warframes have will/mind of their own or are just puppets; stalker, our warframe saving our life and the rhino prime codex indicates that they are capable of moving without operators and i believe that this moves into umbra speculation territory

Stalker being an operator himself is an interesting idea tho, i dont play pvp but i recall someone asking about some teshin quotes related to this questions (staying awake and such)

I believe he his an operator himself: operators have abilities, like the laser ray we used when our Warframe found us.

When our operator got out of his "bed" and the Stalker appeared, they both looked at their hand like they looked at the same thing (with the same noise, AND they have the same suit).

He cant be a Warframe, since Lotus said he got crazy by going into the void, while Warfrmae can do so without problem. However, our operators where protected by their shells, and we got them out quiclky, so the didnt know the same fate.

Finally, in the end, he looks at the operator while Hunhow says "you still hate them, you still hate yourself". So I believe he was Tenno as well, but he knew a cruel fate, separated from his fellows by his faith in the Orokin. He grew up while we remained in our "child state" for some reason. When Orokin remnants retreated to the Void after their extermination, so did he, and his anger against his brethren became... hate!

Edited by Markael

He cant be a Warframe, since Lotus said he got crazy by going into the void, while Warfrmae can do so without problem. However, our operators where protected by their shells, and we got them out quiclky, so the didnt know the same fate.

The way she said it implied more that he went to the Reservoir and learned the truth about the tenno and was driven mad. In a similar manner to the jarring disconnect we got when we first saw our Operaters in the quest. Except he went crazy from the reaction, not like us where we wanted to help. Not that he went to the void period and immediately snapped.