The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Post A Video Of Them Beating Off The Grineer On The Last Sortie Mission?

(PSN)flyersfan314

Question

25 answers to this question

Didn't make a video, but I can briefly explain on how I did it joining a public group without any issues at all.

So, I got sort of lucky, we had both Banshee and Blind Mirage. One of these would have been enough, but the enemies for the most of the rounds were both blinded and getting constantly staggered. The key is having a wide area crowd control to prevent enemies from re-capturing points. Having a sustainable build is crucial, because the moment the enemies have a chance to attack they will do so, which can result in people getting downed. Standing in an open space is a bad idea, take cover, this will prevent you from surprise attacks. Frost is also a viable option as the globe can isolate the point and Avalanche helps with crowd control. In the high levels, crowd control is more valuable than damage potential as the enemies who respawn are usually free of all debuffs and can cause problems.

Edited by Zyrgi

You need:

1- Banshee

2- Nova

3- Mirage

4- Nyx

If you don't have one of the above, you should have  at least:

1- Loki

2- Vauban

3- Limbo

4- Rhino

5- Nehza

You need some sort of AoE CC to be able to prevent them from recapturing the points

PS: numbers are not priority not you need ALL in the team, one is enough

Edited by Endrance

Yep, Mirage with max range with some duration makes any interception laughably easy; especially if you get the very small Grineer interception map.

I pretty much had a 62.5m blind; and spammed Large Energy Restores on myself with Primed Flow. If anything ever got close to a console, I would pretty much one shot it with my Seeker-equipped Vaykor Marelok with Eclipse active. (And I did all this with 2 MR5s. Mirage just makes it absurdly easy.)

You need all 4 team members to have Corrosive Projection, and have weapons with high Puncture (e.g. Boltor Prime, Lex), and stack physical damage mods instead of elemental.  A Nova is handy to slow the waves and incoming damage down, other than that any combo is fine.

It is so hard. I just want to see how its done.

Today's Sortie is hard if you're focusing on killing, rather than heavy CC. Remember, Interception is all about keeping the enemies off the point until the message is decoded. I'd rather take Interception over Survival, but that would be my bias with focusing on the objective over killing.

Mirage, (Slow) Nova, (Energy Vampire) Trinity, and/or Nyx would be an excellent team, followed by other crowd control Warframes. I don't think I even need to explain that you need decent weaponry to handle the enemies once the message is decoded. And remember, keeping the point is the priority, even if it means the team has to burn revives.

My group was Mirage, Loki, Vauban and myself as max duration slow Nova. Blinded, Disarmed and Irradiated, Bastilles everywhere and Slowed to a snail's crawl as well as being primed for destruction...

So much CC we were bored and resorted to shooting them occasionally and playing with focus abilities to do something interesting.

Edited by Zilchy

Mirage, Frost, Trin, Excal.  Two buddies were the Frost and Trin for my Mirage, random Excal because I'm dumb and forget to change the privacy setting all the time.  

The Excal ran around killing everything, causing respawns literally right behind the Trin and me that wiped us, and then the Frost when he tried to res us (yes, Benny Hill music), and then, hilariously, the Excal (who ran to the other side of the map when we wiped) since nothing was CC'd for a moment.  Frost told him to stop killing stuff after we all got back up, he didn't listen.  He finally stopped after we let him bleed out two more times.  Really hilariously, he went down for the last time right as we won the mission.  Didn't even have time to go over and get him (which our Frost was on the way to do), his timer was at 18 seconds and the mission complete screen popped.

No, I am not saying this to brag about being a **** to someone, but instead, to point out just how much the cc matters and how easily it can get screwed up.  After the Excal finally stopped murdering everything, it became extraordinarily easy.  I was actually kinda happy about it, because said two buddies can be a little bloodthirsty, and I'm going to be taking them through LoR really soon hopefully.  Made for a great object lesson in why you don't shoot things when the Mirage asks you not to shoot things >.>

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

2x hydroids sitting in puddle over 2 points. Literally consumed every enemy each round into their puddle so they were still active and no others would spawn. Sat there while it counted to 100 3x without anyone fireing a single shot. Talked about some game issues, went for a swim in a puddle or two, got thirsty and drank from one (not recommended). 

Jumped into a PUG, had a Mirage 4 spamming. I was Ivara, putting the heavies to sleep and a Covet Lethality dagger cleaning up shop. Ended up being one of the easier Sortie Interceptions. 

But to be honest, I rather enjoy the ones we struggle in. Low rank players with the bare minimum damage weapons can be fun. I'll join a game in progress with players struggling, using my min/max gear. We'll slowly turn it around. Everyone finds a good groove, and we win! Very satisfying. 

I just used Ivara and kept everyone snoozy. Fire a couple Sleep arrows at whichever is being taken over, hope down, poke 'em with the Destreza, then get back on the line to cover the others. Pick off a few with the Rakta Ballista here and there to make sure I have plenty of power, and use an Aftertouch'd Tonkor grenade to depopulate the portion of the map I happen to be in. When one of the teammates gets dropped on the otherside of the map, I just drop an invisibility pool on them so the other teamates rushing in blindly to save them don't get mowed down.

Pug game: Nyx, Ash Prime, Ash and Saryn. Mission done. There were only 3 rounds.

Edit: Nyx and Saryn = no damage but good crowd control with Chaos and Miasma. Both ashes killed the enemies.

Edited by carnaga