Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Rewards Rant.

Stormandreas

Hello all. So, I just did a T4 survival with a clanmate of mine, looking for the Ash Prime Chassis.... and THIS is what we got!

2enovhd.jpg

m0g8l.jpg

2vjygq8.jpg

So, seeing those... forgive the following if it seems salty or flaming.

50 MINUTES INTO A T4 SURVIVAL AND WE'RE REWARDED WITH 5! COUNT EM! 5 BO PRIME ORNAMENTS!!!

This is absolutely insane, even for Warframe. I understand RNG is at fault here, but given this games age (almost 3 years), and this being a constantly looming problem, which just gets worse and worse, you'd think ANY developer would see this and think "oh, maybe we should find a solution to this problem".... but no, we're still stuck with this problem despite having over 2 years to work on it....

This is the kind of thing that makes people want to STOP playing the game. Burning out because of stupid reward tables and drop chances.

Edited by D20

Its simple and easy. 

STEP ONE: After every mission run reset your game. close it out completely and launch again
STEP TWO: Find a rando in recurting chat that has a lower mastery rank than you (look for MR5-13)
STEP THREE: DO NOT HOST THE GAME make the random low ranked MR host it
STEP FOUR: If you have a full squad of randoms MAKE SURE YOU ARE SWITCHING HOST EVERY FEW MISSIONS

You learn alot after blowing through 185 T1 captures solo and manage to get the drop on a single key Hosted on  a noob that wanted to see what the void looked like.

You're welcome

inb4 post deleted/purned

Edited by xxcib21xx

You got Rhino prime chassis, Odonata prime wings and Boltor prime receiver and you still complain? You can easily trade for the Ash prime chassis with those items.

I have all of those items already, PLUS the trading system in this game is awful at best.

In THEORY I could trade them. In practice, I'd be better just running the missions again to get more credits and mods that I can also use for other things, plus being able to use the prime parts for Ducats. Why would I trade for 3 hours when I'll have the same chance of getting the part I want when I run the mission.

I understand your frustration, I've been running T3D for a couple of hours yesterday for Ash bp, got everything else. But it's just rng, you can't do anything about it. Sometimes you get the thing you want on first try, sometimes it takes dozens of runs. It can't be fixed. Take a break and go back to farming.

Edited by aband0n

Hello all.

So, I just did a T4 survival with a clanmate of mine, looking for the Ash Prime Chassis.... and THIS is what we got!

2enovhd.jpg

m0g8l.jpg

2vjygq8.jpg

So, seeing those... forgive the following if it seems salty or flaming.

DE! FIX YOUR DAMN LOOT TABLES! 50 MINUTES INTO A T4 SURVIVAL AND WE'RE REWARDED WITH 5! COUNT EM! 5 BO PRIME ORNAMENTS!!!

This is absolutely insane, even for Warframe. I understand RNG is at fault here, but given this games age (almost 3 years), and this being a constantly looming problem, which just gets worse and worse, you'd think ANY developer would see this and think "oh, maybe we should find a solution to this problem".... but no, we're still stuck with this problem despite having over 2 years to work on it....

Fix this DE! This is the kind of thing that makes people want to STOP playing the game. Burning out because of stupid reward tables and drop chances.

You only went past the C rotation 2 times.... so its a good chance of what you had happen...well...happen.

]\'[

You only went past the C rotation 2 times.... so its a good chance of what you had happen...well...happen.

]/'[

The chassis is on Rotation A of T4 dude. I went past it 6 times in ONE mission. Not to mention multiple other runs I had done to try and get it, also going 30-50 minutes.

Its simple and easy. 

STEP ONE: After every mission run reset your game. close it out completely and launch again

STEP TWO: Find a rando in recurting chat that has a lower mastery rank than you (look for MR5-13)

STEP FOUR: If you have a full squad of randoms MAKE SURE YOU ARE SWITCHING HOST EVERY FEW MISSIONS

You learn alot after blowing through 185 T1 captures solo and manage to get the drop on a single key Hosted on  a noob that wanted to see what the void looked like.

You're welcome

inb4 post deleted/purned

This is exactly how you deal with a badly behaving pseudo-random number generator, things like this, as well as, streaks of the same reward over and over speak volumes about how something is wrong with warframe's PRNG. Which I've suspected for a while now, though collecting the data and demonstrating it has proved to be impossible, and DE isn't going to fix it, players had to show a ridiculous amount of proof before they went and found out something was wrong with the Chesa Kubrow rates for people with the incubator upgrade.

I remember reading that DE once said that there aren't account bound seeds, which I guess could be true, but I know too many constantly "lucky" and "unlucky" players, and suspect that whomever stated that was wrong. But warframe's PRNG has always struck me as ridiculously bad, heck if I was designing the game I would intentionally add some negative correlation between successive rewards, wouldn't change the over all averages enough, but would make players "feel" better as they play. 

Its simple and easy. 

You're welcome

inb4 post deleted/purned

S-so....t-this actually m-makes sense. I c-can see it now.

M-my whole virtual life was a lie...