Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Powerful Moment You've Experienced In A Game.

Kirameku

Title. 

What moment in what game had you say "oh crap" or something similar. What moment in what game has stuck with you even long after you've beaten it? What's happened in a game that was so powerful that you replay the game just to play that specific moment? 

For me it was the discovery of the Flood in Halo: Combat Evolved. That entire level was scary as hell. The way the Covenant would be running away from something you couldn't see. How your motion sensor would light up with enemies or friendlies for a split second, just to have them disappear. And then finally, the replaying of the dead soldier's helmet video and then being surrounded by hundreds of flood infection forms.

That level gave me nightmares as a kid, but I still play it to this day. 

Mordin Solus, ME3
that mission will stick with me forever.

Zetsu reminded me of Jorges sacrifice.

My roommate playing WoW in his room reminded me of Velens Sacrifice in Warlords of Draenor.

I guess most of my powerful experiences come from lovable character sacrificing themselves

Edited by BaIthazar

"Reach has been good to me, it's time to return the favor."

"Don't deny me this."

"Tell 'em to make it count." 

---

"SLIPSPACE RUPTURE DETECTED."

"SLIPSPACE RUPTURE DETECTED..."

Okay, so. I have never played Halo before, but at the constant and incessant nagging of my boyfriend, I finally said I would. Keep in mind: I never read the books or the comics before either, I've been a PC gamer forever, so I've never really touched a console game. 

I went into Halo: Reach with literally zero knowledge of what was going to happen. Zero. None. The gameplay was awesome and I enjoyed it highly, up until the level "Long Night of Solace". I thought "YEAH! WE'RE WINNING!" and then this part happened and my jaw dropped and I cried and I literally got so mad and yelled so many profanities because JOOOOOOOOOOOOORGE!!!

That was probably the biggest "Oh crap" moment in any game I've ever played, because I knew it was a losing battle from then on. 

This moment.

Edited by xZetsumeix

I had one moment like this that comes to my mind.

Starfox Assault on the Gamecube, the first mission you understand Aparoids (alien bio-mechanical parasites) can can both control and transform what they infect feels already pretty weird. You litteraly fought a vent system turned into a freaking laser Canon.

And then you pursue Pigma, who stole important datas to understand the Aparoids nature, fighting your way through both an asteroid belt and a space station under Aparoid control. Only to find Pigma's empty.

It is then you turn toward the station itself as Pigma laugh, you see him latched onto it, no legs, his pink skin turning blue and purple while he speaks to himself until the flesh like material around him Swallows the guy.

That in itself is horribly scary when you don't expect it, but what is worse is the roar that comes after that, both of pain and relief the newborn monstrosity speaks with Pigma's voice but is in fact showing nothing like the snarky talks of Pigma.

Once I had completed this level, obliterating the thing which dies in another roar of pain, it sunk into me that... Even though Pigma is a video game character and a a despicable criminal, his life was now gone, he just died loosing up to his own personality just because he thought he could make money out of a living alien brain.

I don't know why, but even though I had experienced miserable characters deaths before, the way Pigma died really struck me as horrifying.

Edited by Cyriann

for me it would be midway through Borderlands 2, when you go to kill the angel 'Ai'. The powerful build up as you kick &#!, storming a mountain fort, killing a massive boss.

But then the password hits, jack genuinely, desperately, pleading for her life, the defeat at the end, hits me right in the feels every time.

Dark Souls 2.

I know DkS2 is the black sheep of the Souls games (including Bloodborne) but I actually really liked it. I loved the gameplay and the setting it took place in, and I was into the lore. So imagine my expectation to finally seeing (and hopefully fighting) Vendric, the King of Drangliec.

So there I was, in the Undead Crypt, getting ready to face up to the King. To usurp the throne. 

Now I already had the idea that he'd be old and hollowed, sorta like Gywn from the first game. 

And I was both right and wrong. 

He was Hollowed and shown in a completely different way.

He was a giant, naked man wandering around in circles dragging his sword behind him. Unlike Gywn from the first game, who stopped you from re-lighting the first flame. Vendrick was just an empty shell of a man, an empty husk of what was once a proud man. 

I was just shocked by what I had saw.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, the first time you go underground... Keep in mind, the underground portion of this game is complete and utter darkness, only way you can see is with your half decent flashlight.

So, after killing a ton of military above ground, I went underground to get to a nearby military stronghold. Military was swarming underground, I first encountered a small squad about 3 or 4 military units. Easy enough, head shot most of em, so I move up ready to go to the next area... When suddenly I hear rapid footsteps and breathing, I just think it's a soldier charging me, so I take cover behind a pillar... I got the feeling something was behind me, I look behind me and I see a pair of white eyes heading towards me. Now I bet you know what happened next...

I freaked out, I literally screamed in real life and started spraying bullets at it as it came out of camouflage, it hit me once and immediately turned tail and ran, then went invisible again, I heard the footsteps and breathing again so I booked it, trying to get the hell out of this underground system. I ran into another squad of soldiers, and died! That was great fun!

This is the monster

T7dab39.jpg

Edited by HammerofDusk

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, the first time you go underground... Keep in mind, the underground portion of this game is complete and utter darkness, only way you can see is with your half decent flashlight.

So, after killing a ton of military above ground, I went underground to get to a nearby military stronghold. Military was swarming underground, I first encountered a small squad about 3 or 4 military units. Easy enough, head shot most of em, so I move up ready to go to the next area... When suddenly I hear rapid footsteps and breathing, I just think it's a soldier charging me, so I take cover behind a pillar... I got the feeling something was behind me, I look behind me and I see a pair of white eyes heading towards me. Now I bet you know what happened next...

I freaked out, I literally screamed in real life and started spraying bullets at it as it came out of camouflage, it hit me once and immediately turned tail and ran, then went invisible again, I heard the footsteps and breathing again so I booked it, trying to get the hell out of this underground system. I ran into another squad of soldiers, and died! That was great fun!

This is the monster

T7dab39.jpg

Oh yes, I remember them.

They weren't as horrifying as the first time you see the screen shake and the sound of thumping elephant feet.

You know what I'm referring to.

DS2 a black sheep?

at least you're not alone.

I'm on NG+++ and still love it

It is the black sheep because it's the one Souls game that doesn't really show the best of Souls games.

for me it would be midway through Borderlands 2, when you go to kill the angel 'Ai'. The powerful build up as you kick !, storming a mountain fort, killing a massive boss.

But then the password hits, jack genuinely, desperately, pleading for her life, the defeat at the end, hits me right in the feels every time.

Oh god, I remember this... The screams of pain after you shoot the injectors D:

-snip-

And then you hit him, thinking it's going to be an easy fight and you get REKT. 

Or at least I did. I didn't know having the Giant souls made him easier...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Note to self: Never play this game.

Edited by xZetsumeix

The Last of Us. Especially, The Last Of Us: Left Behind. That was sad, this mad itvworse knowing what coming to her. This game constantly feel emotional for characters.

Second got to be Warframe's Second Dream. You know why. Feel so invested in my fav Warframe, then ending hit me hard. Love these games T•T

I have to say that ond of the most powerful moments was the revelation in KOTOR, when you remember everything. The

Another insane moment was in TWD Season 1...The entire ending was emotionally powerful and I literally cried on it.

And last but not least, Spec Ops The Line revelation in the ending was...hard to diggest, and incredibly powerful emotionally, as you were the...enemy.

Also the Sith Inquisitor Ending in SWTOR was insanely epic but yeah..I don't know if that counts.

Until Dawn

I killed Chris when he was my favorite.

Also seeing Jess when she wakes up. The actor makes her radiated the feeling that she was truly broken.

Xenosaga episode II

When Albedo is finally granted the death he has so desperately wanted his entire life.

Immortality can seriously F*** with ones psychi.   

basically all of MGS4

Also, since others reminded me of a game I forgot all about, Halo: Reach. Some of the events, especially the final mission, just hit me really hard. Like wow, it was executed really well.

Also also, going to be that guy and say The Second Dream. It just was done so perfectly. The reveals, the sentiments, the emotions/personalities of characters showing through...I was seriously left speechless. As someone who talks too much, that is pretty significant. It was just beautiful.

I feel like I'm forgetting another game, but I can't remember what it is or what events happened. This is going to bother me.

Booting up Silent Hill 2 for the first time. playing through the whole game and then watching the intro again, just damn.

no spoilers, but that game through to the end... gosh darn it.

It had me already by the introduction. the whole thing is just so well edited, and that music. mhf

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Ahcruna

Could echo just about every post here; nice choices. Mordin's conclusion, especially, was probably my favorite from ME3.

A simpler moment I can recall is back from the GC era - the first time you leave your ship on Tallon IV in Metroid Prime. The

was spot on, and I just wandered around for a moment taking it all in (after that crazy intro). Hell, can even remember being amused that when you looked up rain drops would fall on the visor.