The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalkers Acolytes: Tenno Operators Gone Bad Or Liberated Warframes?

Kaokasalis

So with this new event we have been given another huge possibility for warframe lore speculation. Either theres Tenno that are not agreeing with the Lotus anymore or this event is another proof that theres more to the warframes being puppets of the Tenno. Personally i find the latter the most plausibel given two quotes from Stalkers acolytes, Mania and Angst.

Mania: "I see you are still their servants."

Servants of who is my question? Our Tenno operators? Or could Mania mean the Grineer/Corpus because of how we sometimes lend our services in invasions? Helping Alad V could have been the final straw and mabye these acolytes are dissatisfied with the Tenno mercenary behaviour. Still not sure why they would goto Stalker then who is siding with Hunhow, our grand enemy.

Angst: "(Player name), you are beyond repair."

Here i wonder if Angst is actually speaking in functional terms related to the warframe itself or if they mean metaphorically in relation to the players behaviour.

I think "You are still their servants" is probably a reference to the Orokin.

Indeed, Hunhow referred to Alad V as "Orokin" and the Acolyte dialogue is frequently about their hunt for him specifically. Hence the Acolytes pointing out that were are protecting a mass-murdering Orokin.

I don't see any reason to assume Warframes are self-determinant at this point, at best we have a number of events that are better explained with simpler explanations that do not require the creation of Warframe Sapience from whole-cloth.

Yup, likely.

Though, Sentients seems to be a bit confused about it: Hunhow calls Alad an Orokin too, as if he can't notice the difference between Corpus and Orokins.

I can't see how they can assume we're still Orokin servants, in fact we are more Sentients servants following the Lotus.

But, if they really can't see the difference between Corpus and Orokins, they probably call us Orokin servants because we're defending Alad V.

Edited by siralextraffo

We don't serve the orokin anymore. And we know warframes serve tenno. Also I believe the warframes have a consciousness and that they are over ridden by the more mentally powerful tenno during transference.

They very well could be liberated warframes. If anyone know how to disable a warframe it is the stalker.

Yup, likely.

Though, Sentients seems to be a bit confused about it: Hunhow calls Alad an Orokin too, as if he can't notice the difference between Corpus and Orokins.

I can't see how they can assume we're still Orokin servants, in fact we are more Sentients servants following the Lotus.

But, if they really can't see the difference between Corpus and Orokins, they probably call us Orokin servants because we're defending Alad V.

The Corpus and Grineer use to be part of the Orokin empire so to Hunhow there is no difference.

True, but they were not Orokin.

I can't make a real life example, but I honestly would never consider Grineers as Orokins!

Orokin, Grineer and Tenno are already both singular and plural, no need for "s" unless you're showing possession.

However, that said, the Anti-Moa Synthesis showed us that the Corpus does indeed consist of at least some Orokin survivors, that is, actual Orokin, not slave races, so Hunhow's assumption is valid.

So with this new event we have been given another huge possibility for warframe lore speculation. Either theres Tenno that are not agreeing with the Lotus anymore or this event is another proof that theres more to the warframes being puppets of the Tenno. Personally i find the latter the most plausibel given two quotes from Stalkers acolytes, Mania and Angst.

Mania: "I see you are still their servants."

Servants of who is my question? Our Tenno operators? Or could Mania mean the Grineer/Corpus because of how we sometimes lend our services in invasions? Helping Alad V could have been the final straw and mabye these acolytes are dissatisfied with the Tenno mercenary behaviour. Still not sure why they would goto Stalker then who is siding with Hunhow, our grand enemy.

Angst: "(Player name), you are beyond repair."

Here i wonder if Angst is actually speaking in functional terms related to the warframe itself or if they mean metaphorically in relation to the players behaviour.

*marches down the street of DE headquarters* Free all warframes!! Stop all these slave holding operators!!!!! *Sign says Warframe Lives matter*

Orokin, Grineer and Tenno are already both singular and plural, no need for "s" unless you're showing possession.

However, that said, the Anti-Moa Synthesis showed us that the Corpus does indeed consist of at least some Orokin survivors, that is, actual Orokin, not slave races, so Hunhow's assumption is valid.

This kinda. It could be the case but I still think they are talking to our warframes and that they are free'd warframes...only time will tell.

We don't serve the orokin anymore. And we know warframes serve tenno. Also I believe the warframes have a consciousness and that they are over ridden by the more mentally powerful tenno during transference.

They very well could be liberated warframes. If anyone know how to disable a warframe it is the stalker.

This....maybe.^^^

Everything noted, thank you!

Wait, didn't the Stalker hunt the Tenno because they destroyed the Orokin? That would make the Stalker and his goons 'sevants' of the Orokin.

As it is, the servant thing might be more about Tenno-warframe relationship.

I'd just like to point out that the Acolyte Sigil states to never forget "those who defile the Tenno way". Either this is referring to their (and the Stalker's) willing separation from the Tenno and how they have abandoned what it means to be Tenno, or specific practices/processes that are significantly darker (such as the "killed Operator" idea).

Edited by LazerSkink

Wait, didn't the Stalker hunt the Tenno because they destroyed the Orokin? That would make the Stalker and his goons 'sevants' of the Orokin.

This^

They talk to warframes, or are we "sevants" of the Sentients? -Lotus.

Very doubtful I'm afraid, have a look at the rest of their dialogue. It's quite explicitly taking about Alad V and the Tenno protecting him. If this were some kind of mystical reveal about a mythological sapient Warframe then it would have more supporting comments whereas Alad-v-as-orokin-protected-by-tenno is very much the main topic of the dialogue:

"Our fight is not with you Tenno" - Surely if they were talking about some kind of Warframe rebellion then they would not say this.

"You have lost your way Tenno, I will help you find it" - Why would they say that if they were not Tenno themselves?

"This one has caused much suffering and yet you protect him" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin

"Alad V only wants profit, he is the enemy" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin

Hence:

"I see you are still their servants" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin
Edited by SilentMobius

Very doubtful I'm afraid, have a look at the rest of their dialogue. It's quite explicitly taking about Alad V and the Tenno protecting him. If this were some kind of mystical reveal about a mythological sapient Warframe then it would have more supporting comments whereas Alad-v-as-orokin-protected-by-tenno is very much the main topic of the dialogue:

"Our fight is not with you Tenno" - Surely if they were talking about some kind of Warframe rebellion then they would not say this.

"You have lost your way Tenno, I will help you find it" - Why would they say that if they were not Tenno themselves?

"This one has caused much suffering and yet you protect him" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin

"Alad V only wants profit, he is the enemy" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin

Hence:

"I see you are still their servants" - Tenno protecting Alad-V-as-Orokin

seems Legit, theory nearly de-bunked. Theres still a small posability though.

I think it's clear that hunhow/sentients are capable of assimilating/controlling warframes similar to all other orokin technology, apparently its just "more difficult" i guess, since we've resisted this effect.

It's more likely the evil you know scenario, where at least with the lotus we have some autonomy, but still under a form of control.

Edited by Skaleek

Somoene just basically debunked it, hey said if there is no operator how can the frame use powers....which pretty much debunks it completely.

Theres no such thing as debunking things unless DE does it. How do you know that the sentients can't imbue warframes with the ability to use void powers without an operator?

Somoene just basically debunked it, hey said if there is no operator how can the frame use powers....which pretty much debunks it completely.

Given the lore we have, it sounds like a lack of a Tenno Operator should mean they couldn't use their powers... but during quests, we see both Infested Mesa and Chroma use their powers despite being explicitly stated as not being controlled by a Tenno Operator. What we don't know is how, as the Infestation has no known connection to Void energy, which is supposedly the source of our powers.

It's possible that not all of the Warframes' abilities rely solely on Transference and the Operator's Void energy, but at this point it's all just speculation.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Acolytes are just traitorous Tenno, inspired by the portion of the player base who have been demanding to be able to join "Stalker-senpai" for years.

Theres no such thing as debunking things unless DE does it. How do you know that the sentients can't imbue warframes with the ability to use void powers without an operator?

Well, the sentients die if they are exposed to the void and its energy.

Given the lore we have, it sounds like a lack of a Tenno Operator should mean they couldn't use their powers... but during quests, we see both Infested Mesa and Chroma use their powers despite being explicitly stated as not being controlled by a Tenno Operator. What we don't know is how, as the Infestation has no known connection to Void energy, which is supposedly the source of our powers.

It's possible that not all of the Warframes' abilities rely solely on Transference and the Operator's Void energy, but at this point it's all just speculation.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Acolytes are just traitorous Tenno, inspired by the portion of the player base who have been demanding to be able to join "Stalker-senpai" for years.

I completely overlooked this....this makes my theory possible again. Hmmm.....