Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poorly Planned Event

Ranchpig

DE... thanks for putting this on.   It's been a long time since a full blown event has occurred and the introduction of new mods... good or bad.  

My beef is in the execution.    Now that 24hrs have gone by and people are learning what to do for the most part.   We're getting an insane amount of wasted time by chasing these acolytes around.

Here's a typical scenario... Akkad Def... spotted Torment.   Click Accept.   Join group who have already killed him because he is guaranteed to spawn in initial load.         As soon as i hit the map... HOST MIGRATION... because the host has gotten yet another Hydraulic or Catalyst among the 40 he already has.... now i'm back in the liset.... now the map.   I ABORT because there is no mod to be had.     Join another group, etc. etc.  

I'm not lying when I say this has happened 6 times in a row.     By the time I get a group that is virgin... he's gone.   I know... i know.. play solo.    That can work on Defense missions.. but running all over the map trying to trigger his/her appearance is also not efficient.  

There are other missions that this happens on as well... couldn't you have thought this through?

I know I abort as well if it's a trash mod because i'm in search of the ever elusive Argon Scope, which i'm sure is why Torment is now at 65% and the other two are still in the 90%s.      

How hard is it to think about the execution of game play when you dream these ideas up.   You had to know this kinda thing was going to happen.    And if not... why didn't you ask any veteran player?  Just frustrating as all get out and very inefficient to say the least.    Not to mention takes any joy out of this.     

I was so looking forward to an Event as i've only been on for a little under a year and knew it would be a grind, but at least more or less a guaranteed Event mod.    Now... meh... it'll either happen or it wont.   Bottom line, you had some good ideas... just poorly planned in my opinion.

It's poorly executed because of.... mods? 

Also, are you really saying it's poorly executed because of other players? Geeeeee

I guess players just ignore the actual event and just only care about the mods. Which is sad.

Edited by KJRenz

You're right: this is a ridiculous grindfest that is going on against the lessening-of=grind motto Steve said was happening. BUT, there is a few solutions. I run it solo, here's how.

Captures: I use Volt Prime, if not just do it, if so then don't use speed till you get to the target, use speed when you've got it. He'll show up otherwise.

Exterminates: Bring an Ash, Saryn, or any frame that is nukeable. Just spam through the enemies: he's gonna show up.

For every other mission type, bring a hybrid disarm and invis loki, cakewalk.

The mod farming is a huge problem, as players are leaving if they don't get the mod they want, making no progress in the overall event.

Acolytes health is dropping very slowly, at this rate it might takes two weeks to kill them all, at the very least considering Torment is going down at 30%/24h mainly because of his mods.

I think that a better end of mission reward would help players completing the run even if the mod that drops is owned already.

Not sure about the initial load spawn you mention, as spawn is completely random and can happen in any tilesets room; this clearly includes the spawning room, but it's definitely not guaranteed there.

Though, if you ask me the problem is on players side, is not DE's fault if we only care for rewards and seem not to give a damn about the event itself.

Shadow Debt may not be perfect, but I like it, very good event.

Edited by siralextraffo

Solution: go solo.

Band-Aid solutions are a sin.

These missions need to encourage seeing the whole thing through, but that would be really punishing on slower mission types, so what we really need is a minor rework. Maybe make these their own mission as opposed to a bolt-on to a normal node. Maybe, oh, I dunno, an ASSASSINATE mission?

Just sayin'...

It's poorly executed because of.... mods?

Also, are you really saying it's poorly executed because of other players? Geeeeee

I guess players just ignore the actual event and just only care about the mods. Which is sad.

please tell me what the event is? Killing 14 guys and then waiting for the final boss?

Doesnt sound too interesting.. since these guys are just worse copies of stalker

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

I think too many aren't aware of the next phase of this operation and think they have to absolutely farm every mod possible from each of the stalker buddies.

Band-Aid solutions are a sin.

These missions need to encourage seeing the whole thing through, but that would be really punishing on slower mission types, so what we really need is a minor rework. Maybe make these their own mission as opposed to a bolt-on to a normal node. Maybe, oh, I dunno, an ASSASSINATE mission?

Just sayin'...

Not really a bandaid. If you don't have friends, you don't have friends.

If you look at Torment and his current health, his nodes mostly shows on Defense missions and the thing is, it goes like this:

Kill Acolyte. No good mod? abort. I just had the pleasure of joining 1 Akkad pub and I forgot that some players are in rush to get all 20 mods so they just join-abort everytime and the reason for that is that the Acolyte shows up before you even reach the defense objective, making Defense(or Survival/Interception nodes also but I don't know yet) a easy SD farm as long as you don't mind your quit rate.

Edited by Uzpian

DE... thanks for putting this on.   It's been a long time since a full blown event has occurred and the introduction of new mods... good or bad. 

Here's a typical scenario... Akkad Def... spotted Torment.   Click Accept.   Join group who have already killed him because he is guaranteed to spawn in initial load.         As soon as i hit the map... HOST MIGRATION... because the host has gotten yet another Hydraulic or Catalyst among the 40 he already has.... now i'm back in the liset.... now the map.   I ABORT because there is no mod to be had.     Join another group, etc. etc.  

I know I abort as well if it's a trash mod because i'm in search of the ever elusive Argon Scope, which i'm sure is why Torment is now at 65% and the other two are still in the 90%s.      

What I'm reading is.. you're mad because other players are doing the same thing you are. Not DE's fault. I'm enjoying the event well enough, Nova makes short work of them and everything else.

My advice? Find a group of people who want to farm it like you do, and are all up for cancelling the mission cos you didn't get the mod you want.

PuGs behaving in a way that doesn't align with your intentions is, has been, and forever will be a risk of playing with people you don't know. This is not a new problem, just a new instance of it.

Well players who like it are either new to the game or dont play warframe often.. this is the reality

I've played Warframe since update 7, and I'm enjoying the event so far. What reality are you living in?

PuGs behaving in a way that doesn't align with your intentions is, has been, and forever will be a risk of playing with people you don't know. This is not a new problem, just a new instance of it.

I've played Warframe since update 7, and I'm enjoying the event so far. What reality are you living in?

Not often enough..

Also please define what "the event" is for you, also KJRenz jumped over that question

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

Abort button - Ha What is that?   Oh yeah it's that thing that pops up when you die in the middle of reviving somebody because your Holding O to revive them and when you hit X to revive real fast but instead of reviving the abort screen pops up and you abort the game by accident.    

92% Completion Ratio here!!!!!   Yes it means something!!!!!!    

Not often enough..

Also please define what "the event" is for you, also KJRenz jumped over that question

How did I jump over it. It's an event. That's it.... Mabinogi game has events where you smack the living Clem out of enemies with pillows. That's literally all you do for the weekend, Pillow fighting. (300,000 crit is possible with pillows)

There's no way to explain what an event is unless you miss the point. Which you already have.

Well players who like it are either new to the game or dont play warframe often.. this is the reality

Oh man, that's such true statement, it's as if you know about every single thing that goes through the minds of every single player that plays Warframe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by KJRenz

How did I jump over it. It's an event. That's it.... Mabinogi game has events where you smack the living Clem out of enemies with pillows. That's literally all you do for the weekend, Pillow fighting. (300,000 crit is possible with pillows)

There's no way to explain what an event is unless you miss the point. Which you already have.

Oh man, that's such true statement, it's as if you know about every single thing that goes through the minds of players ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ahh the event is the event, so you include the horrible farm to the event.. now you cant tell its not a part of the event.. by that logic to complete the event you would need all the mods, tell me that you enjoy that (while the enemies arent much distinguishable from a corpus soldier because they are just as useless regarding their threat level)

Ahh the event is the event, so you include the horrible farm to the event.. now you cant tell its not a part of the event.. by that logic to complete the event you would need all the mods, tell me that you enjoy that (while the enemies arent much distinguishable from a corpus soldier because they are just as useless regarding their threat level)

YOU see it as farming. YOU see it as just for mods and another grindfest.

Which isn't the case. And no, the mods, in truth, are just a bonus.

Edited by KJRenz

YOU see it as farming. YOU see it as just for mods and another grindfest.

Which isn't the case. And no, the mods, in truth, are just a bonus.

So when you count out the farm and the mods..

Then the event becomes insanely lackluster regarding content.. its literally 5 guys the stalker found, here find em, kill em get ur potatoes and some cosmetic

So, let me get this straight...

... you're trying to redefine the event so that it fits your personal narrative and then are trying to make someone else look foolish for liking the way that you've defined the event, rather than them liking the actual event that's going on?

This is some tumblr level BS right here.

The mods are going to be added to the game afterwards eventually, just like every other event mod save Primed Chamber. I'll be happy if I get all of them, but the actual event completion stuff (the sigil, badge, Vulkar Wraith, Lacera skin, etc.) are my priorities.

As for what the event is to me besides that... New lore stuff, Second Dream tie-ins, more Stalker developments (who'd have thought he'd find a following?), an excuse to poke around random missions, an excuse to do stuff with friends; there's probably more than that, but I'm not keen on spending too much time dwelling on it when I could be doing more productive things.

So when you count out the farm and the mods..

Then the event becomes insanely lackluster regarding content.. its literally 5 guys the stalker found, here find em, kill em get ur potatoes and some cosmetic

6 actually

Some of which have a chance to drop the same mods so people don't miss out. 

But no, you see the event just as a way to FARM and GRIND for bonus stuff instead of the ACTUAL event, By your definition is lacklaster. Then all events are trash by your logic.

Edited by KJRenz

So, let me get this straight...

... you're trying to redefine the event so that it fits your personal narrative and then are trying to make someone else look foolish for liking the way that you've defined the event, rather than them liking the actual event that's going on?

This is some tumblr level BS right here.

He said the event is the event.. so everything related to the event is part of it, logically.. now if you only see the core event its very poor for the time we waited for a new event

6 actually

Some of which have a chance to drop the same mods so people don't miss out.

But no, you see the event just as a way to FARM and GRIND instead of the ACTUAL event, By your definition is lacklaster. Then all events are trash by your logic.

the ones in the past could at least give a good bit of lore.. the amount of lore included in this is not alot and also we waited long for this