Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Only Fight For Corpus In Invasions Now (And Suggest For You To Do The Same)

CaterHowlett16

That's literally the entire point of the Warframe lore and the Tenno's job. Keeping balance throughout the solar system. Not just Corpus

It's told to you multiple times as you play through the game. Lotus even tells you that.

Yes until grineer gives out more orokin catalysts If you haven't noticed, Grineer have more planets than corpus. You call that a balance?

Wow I write a huge paragraph, listing several good reasons, some lore, some gameplay based, I still get this massive "no"  because GOD FORBID YOU LOSE A POTATO SOMETHING THEY GIVE OUT ABOUT EVERY TWO WEEKS. Do you even care about the repercussions?  Course not, that's why grineer have half the map, and managed to kill 4 relays.

You're seriously getting angry that people don't agree with you on this? That they should give up free potatoes in invasions and only run Corpus because Grineer hold half the starmap (the other half being the Corpus), along with other subjective lore reasons? When invasions have no actual bearing on the start chart at all, and haven't since some time around U13?

How old are you?

Wow I write a huge paragraph, listing several good reasons, some lore, some gameplay based, I still get this massive "no"  because GOD FORBID YOU LOSE A POTATO SOMETHING THEY GIVE OUT ABOUT EVERY TWO WEEKS. Do you even care about the repercussions?  Course not, that's why grineer have half the map, and managed to kill 4 relays.

This is kind of ironic to be honest. 

Corpus = Fight for the highest bidder.

Tenno (players) = Fight for the highest bidder.

In all seriousness though, the repercussions are literally "Get a reward I want" versus "Don't get the reward I want". Choosing one side over the other doesn't have any meaningful impact on the game outside of roleplaying (which I assume you are doing?). 

I would say that the Corpus are a lot worse than the Grineer, morality-wise. The Grineer are all engineered to be loyal to the Twin Queens, so they don't really have a choice. The Corpus, however, are driven by their own greed and arrogance. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Lore wise, Siding with the corpus will give them more opportunity to capture other warframe and sell them off to the bidders and reinforce their equipment with our own technology. Would you really want that? Plus, I even admit myself I usually side with the better awards. Sorry dude, until they implement something that will actually effect you or other Tenno in the future this mentality will stay.

Edited by UnderNexus

tBajAri.png

They build weapons specifically to kill us. Corpus only works with us if it means money or not having to suffer an unimaginably horror death. The fear of death isn't enough to overpower their greed either. They are the least trustworthy of all factions in my opinion.

Lore wise, Siding with the corpus will give them more opportunity to capture other warframe and sell them off to the bidders. Would you really want that? Plus, I even admit myself I usually side with the better awards. Sorry dude, until they implement something that will actually effect you or other Tenno in the future this mentality will stay.

Thank you. This is exactly what disproves OP's point, even the very few who think similarly to you will agree that going for the better rewards is objectively the best idea. As I said before, without any real changes to the gameplay (aka real repercussions) people will always go for the best items.

First of all, listing that the corpus are human isn't really a good reason to side with them, seeing as how we aren't human, and the Orokin (who were massive jerks) were human, and the corpus are basically just modern, less advanced, less shiny, Orokin. Also, have you done any major event where you could pick a side? For the most part, Grineer are far more honorable, despite the fact that they control a major part of the starmap. Like the tenno, the Grineer were originally created, and abused, as "tools" by the orokin, and are still treated like garbage by their descendants, (the Corpus). It is reasonable that the Grineer, after so long spent under the thumb of jerk humans that thought that they were automatically better than the Grineer, just because they were human, and the Grineer were their "creations" and therefore their "property", much like how they likely treated the Tenno, the Sentients, or even the Infested. Siding with the Grineer also comes with the insurance that,(for the most part) unlike the Corpus, we don't have to be afraid to turn our back on them, as they aren't underhanded or backstabbing. If a Grineer is gonna stab someone, they're gonna make it obvious you're their enemy, and they're gonna stab them in the face. Take Sargas Ruk, if you listen to his event dialogue for the Gradivus Dilemna, he shows genuine pleasure at working alongside the Tenno, even placing them as equals in the final loyalty transmissions and commenting about how he admired the Tenno for their bravery and honor. Or take Tyl Regor, he may be a massive ***hat (ha ha) at times, but he shows genuine care for all of the soldiers under his command, and a paternal love for the Grineer he helped to create. Ultimately, that is why I side with the Grineer.

So, I shouldn't fight for grineer even if they have better rewards? Come on, they're all just mobs, their actions or morality don't matter. Now, if I get more profit when Corpus win, then this is a good reason to fight for them. Except that invasions are here just for rewards, outcome has no effect on lore.

Anyone with a sufficient amount of lore knowledge can make either side seem good or bad.  Neither side is objectively one or the other.  And trying to state one is better then the other as fact is just wrong.  I honestly don't care of corpus are human.  That doesn't earn them forgiveness.  And since my main is valkyr I have both a lore reason and a game play reason to dislike corpus.  The only thing that can even dent me from the grineer is a manic.  and those hardly show up for me.  Where as the corpus have 2 units.

Also invasions have no perm effect on star charts.  Eventually things return to normal.  As a tenno we don't have a side we sware to.  That's kind of the point.  Tenno do what makes since to them.  My tenno goes for what reward is better.  Not because of greed.  But because of need.  And she doesn't allow personal feelings to effect her work.  Clearly shown when my Tenno tolorated working along side salad V in the second dream.

Maybe if invasions had a real effect.  or people were actually compelled to care about the star chart things would be different.

I thought the same thing before I saw corpus on phobos. It was a normal ordinary exterminate mission and there they were corpus on a grineer planet.

It's very possible. 

I remember reading somewhere that sometimes you can see different faction members of an on a node of a starchart shortly before the invasion begins, especially if the surrounding nodes are already a part of the invasion.

But, regarding to your OP, I usually side with Corpus because they generally offer the rewards I like, and they are not as annoying to fight. Also before I had built the Brakk, getting marked by the G3 was something I tried to do as soon as I lost my mark. However, now that I don't have to farm the Brakk anymore, any side that offers the best rewards gets my support. I mean we will eventually end up killing our "allies" anyways. Might as well get the best thing we can get :P

Edited by KutieKat

Guys It's just a potato. You can get one at the marketplace for 20p That's less than the usual market price for a syndicate weapon.

Not to mention that most events dish out catalysts and reactors.

Or... I can do the invasion for a potato and trade one syndicate weapon for another. I don't plat out for those things and I don't understand why anyone would.