Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Don't Make Future Events Follow The Reward Path Of Shaodw Debt

Buzkyl

Events are already time limited, there's no reason their mods should be locked being RNG instead of being worked towards through milestones for players. Even the grindiest past event such as Gradvus still gave players something to work towards.

This feeling is absent here, it's bashing your head against the RNG tree till it drops the mod you want. And that leads to burn out quick, over 60 runs and not one Argon Scope, which might seem bad however players have taken hundreds of runs to get there, some taking even more and still haven't gotten a rare mod.

Common and Uncommon mods could drop for the player when the player has played X and Y amount of runs against an Acolyte, unlocking the mods when the Acolyte has reached a global 50% HP then when it is finally defeated.

The Rare mods will then be moved to the final boss and follow the same structure as the uncommon and common mods.

I like the event structure, but the way it rewards the mods needs to seriously be scrapped.

I agree that putting things behind RNG is the opposite of progress.  A "failed" run (not the mod you want) does not make a successful run more likely, a fail is simply a fail and not progress.  It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the mods had equal drop chances, but they're horribly skewed.

The thing is the Acolytes will be returning.  This is just meant to be the introduction of some new mobs and expanding the Stalker's influence on the game.

What will really determine if this is all a waste is how long it will take these guys to reappear and how frequently they will do it.

RNG is the only reason you guys will continue to hit an acolyte enough times to finally kill it.

and who set it up like that?

DE did

plenty of other ways this event and the acolytes could have been handled better

hopefully the last phase of this mess is a little more generous

The thing is the Acolytes will be returning.  This is just meant to be the introduction of some new mobs and expanding the Stalker's influence on the game.

What will really determine if this is all a waste is how long it will take these guys to reappear and how frequently they will do it.

only issue is how long it will take for them to be implemented. lets look at bursas compaired to manics and juggys. the latter two were released fairly quickly after their introduction. are bursa's even in the game? i've not seen one save for that one tac alert where they helped you against the infested.

and who set it up like that?

DE did

plenty of other ways this event and the acolytes could have been handled better

hopefully the last phase of this mess is a little more generous

Yeah see, that's the problem - most players no longer run anything unless there's a reward in it for them.  The whole "carrot on a stick" deal.  You play for the carrot, the developer plays you like a cat chasing a string toy.  Just close enough to keep them trying and thinking they can and even sometimes do.

They give the players their carrot, they're done.  Period.  That's why RNG is their, and really many other developer's, go to weapon of choice.

Remember - they only do this because you made it easy for them to do it.  This event is perfect for me because I'm not even really in it for the mods, I just like running random nodes across the star chart.  The mods are bonus.

Edited by Littleman88

Regardless of your huge contribuition, you are always going to be on the rear end.

Because this event doesn't reward your hard work: It rewards your LUCK.

Which apparently has become a trend to DE, Nitain extract resources come to mind.

Tbf Nitain extracts is guaranteed drop when pops up.

I think better example are Argons.

Yeah see, that's the problem - most players no longer run anything unless there's a reward in it for them.  The whole "carrot on a stick" deal.  You play for the carrot, the developer plays you like a cat chasing a string toy.  Just close enough to keep them trying and thinking they can and even sometimes do.

They give the players their carrot, they're done.  Period.  That's why RNG is their, and really many other developer's, go to weapon of choice.

Remember - they only do this because you made it easy for them to do it.  This event is perfect for me because I'm not even really in it for the mods, I just like running random nodes across the star chart.  The mods are bonus.

Sigh... Simple solution make the carrot guaranteed once you've participated x number of times and add a chance of RNG bonuses like fusion core packs each participation. Players will run it for both Carrots without feeling burned out because they won't miss some very powerful event mods.

The way DE did it is all RNG based. no guarantee in a time-limited event. Your success all depends on luck

Sigh... Simple solution make the carrot guaranteed once you've participated x number of times and add a chance of RNG bonuses like fusion core packs each participation. Players will run it for both Carrots without feeling burned out because they won't miss some very powerful event mods.

The way DE did it is all RNG based. no guarantee in a time-limited event. Your success all depends on luck

Par for the course really.

Simpler solution - don't play for exploitable reasons.  Players have damned themselves.  It's no developers fault for casting bait their fish will chomp at.

Par for the course really.

Simpler solution - don't play for exploitable reasons.  Players have damned themselves.  It's no developers fault for casting bait their fish will chomp at.

Or ooorr

They actually make the process of grinding the mission much more worthwhile. You're saying players only play for the carrot and finish.

What do you think is going to happen when a player has aquired all the mods? They're going to stop as there is no other reason to do the event. Leading to the same thing, you have gone no where.

To say DE isn't at fault for the way for this is silly, they're just guilty as the players.

Edited by Buzkyl

Or ooorr

They actually make the process of grinding the mission much more worthwhile. You're saying players only play for the carrot and finish.

What do you think is going to happen when a player has aquired all the mods? They're going to stop as there is no other reason to do the event. Leading to the same thing, you have gone no where.

To say DE isn't at fault for the way for this is silly, they're just guilty as the players.

Except that the same thing resulted in thousands of players playing thousands of hours more for the same result.

Do you remember the Astral Twilight event? What happened there? It took literally 5 hours to figure it out, then there was Frost-Frost-Rhino-Trinity spam for a day or two, then it just hung around for no reason. Because everyone was done. Remember Phoenix Intercept? Now that was quite a bit of fun.....if you bothered to try. Same Draco map, same Draco spam. Spam, spam, spam, leave. There, you have your mod, now you never have to play it again, and you don't. Now they're making us work, actually work to get them, and while I really don't agree with DE'S methods, I really can't blame them either, because this was the natural reaction to this behavior.

Except that the same thing resulted in thousands of players playing thousands of hours more for the same result.

Do you remember the Astral Twilight event? What happened there? It took literally 5 hours to figure it out, then there was Frost-Frost-Rhino-Trinity spam for a day or two, then it just hung around for no reason. Because everyone was done. Remember Phoenix Intercept? Now that was quite a bit of fun.....if you bothered to try. Same Draco map, same Draco spam. Spam, spam, spam, leave. There, you have your mod, now you never have to play it again, and you don't. Now they're making us work, actually work to get them, and while I really don't agree with DE'S methods, I really can't blame them either, because this was the natural reaction to this behavior.

Well the issue here is that the missions follow essentially the same method

Begin-Mission-Carrot

at the end of the day if the mssion gives very little effort to making ti repeatable it will not be played much as there are other, better methods to farm. Wwe could've had stalker themed caches (with boosters, large core packs ect) in mission with acolytes so players can get even more rewards for thier time. Killing the acolyte could give warframes a temporary booster for the rest of the mission. If you're trying to get more players to willingly play these mission you have to make them more attractive than standard missions

Look, I get that some mods are rarer, more valuable, and they aren't meant to be acquired by "everyone".  But doing things this way is EXACTLY why people complain about grinding in this game.

When you tell everyone there's 20 new mods to be found hunting these things, people will flock to it in order to acquire all of them.  Especially when it was not stated before whether they will be returning or not.  Even then people will want it in case the mods won't be back for months, and with even worst drop rates. 

But more importantly, you've made players paint targets, make them focus solely on the loot, not the fun of the event, the lore, or whatever.  And when the mods' descriptions are released on public, people now have even more specific targets.  The grind gets more intensive as they desperately try to grind for 1 mod.  And if only 2-4% of the time they spent would yield it, the rest of the time are disappointments. 

Once they have acquired the common mod, IT NO LONGER HAS ANY VALUE TO THEM.  And precisely because of how easy it is to get them, it has no selling value either.  No one will think it was worth the effort to have more of them.  Making fusion easier is hardly anything people would consider when fusion cores exist.  Not to mention there are common mods.

If you want to reduce the grind, make the drops meaningful.  Diablo does it with randomly generated loot.  Warframe don't have those and it suffer for it.  But with what we have currently, why not make the mods milestones, and just let the Acolytes drop fusion cores?  With new Primed mods, the nerf to excavations, people will want to farm it, and not be frustrated by RNG because they get something useful every run.

If you have to have some kind of RNG, make those cosmetic stuff like sigils, unique syadanas, skins even.      

DE should remove new event mods from acolyte's drop, and add old event mods instead.

Whenever an acolyte is defeated by the community, you should get a message from Alad V. containing the 4 mods each of them drops.

I remember lots of people grinding over and over (myself included) Mutalist Incursion Survival mission just because of the shot to get tethra's doom mods, but the current event mods where always guaranteed, having a shot to get the IPS 120% mods will be a great incentive for players, so they'll grind and repeat the mission over and over, and wont miss on the Shadow debt mods because they're stuck behind an RNG wall.

Edit: or R5 cores, that'll do aswell.

Edited by RazrOutlaw

Well the issue here is that the missions follow essentially the same method

Begin-Mission-Carrot

at the end of the day if the mssion gives very little effort to making ti repeatable it will not be played much as there are other, better methods to farm. Wwe could've had stalker themed caches (with boosters, large core packs ect) in mission with acolytes so players can get even more rewards for thier time. Killing the acolyte could give warframes a temporary booster for the rest of the mission. If you're trying to get more players to willingly play these mission you have to make them more attractive than standard missions

That wasn't the point of it. The point was efficiency. Like I said, if you actually went to Phoenix Intercept with the intention of hacking enemies to pieces with an axe, you would have loads of fun. I myself played it multiple times over the 5 days I caught it on to help others and for the sheer thrill of it. However, I know most players didn't even bother. I would like to think that DE probably intended it to be played with.... Well..... Your axe. Well the players have spoken with their statistics (ability spam) and DE has answered the call in the very limited ways they can.

Not to say your suggestions are not without merit, but boosters are a bad way to do it. I haven't actually got a chance to finish up the event yet, so I'll assume you can only find them on non-endless missions? If you can find them on endless missions, you don't really solve the problem. You just switched the rewards from the mods to the boosters. Not only that but a booster on a non-endless mission isn't really going to get you much.

The reason I dont run most things over and over is because I see 2% drop rate and decide to make due with what I have instead of waste hours for nothing. Honestly I was hyped when I saw the second dream quest because it was a cool quest AND because there was some awesome loot at the end. But from what I have been reading and seeing this event is absolute trash. Even the enemies seem lazily made to me they are just re-skinned tenno.

I've been farming for more than 12 hours now after the latest hotfix which was supposed to fix the drop rates. I have slightly more than 200 runs now and all I have to show at the end of it all is a bunch of commons, some uncommons and 2 rares. 

This is the first event I've taken part in for Warframe. I was told stories of how previous events rewards were based on certain milestones reached. I was always excited listening to these stories, waiting for the chance to finally participate in an event and experience this for myself. Unfortunately, this has been a very bad and extremely draining first experience.

I know I know, nobody forced me to farm for them. I should stop playing if I don't like the RNG or farming. I can always wait for when the mod becomes available again. But seeing as how the predators in the trade chat price event mods at ridiculous prices, I would rather have a copy for myself so I wouldn't have to give them my plat. If anything, I would much rather my plat go back to DE by buying things from the Market than having to pay a trader just because he got lucky or he managed to prey on someone else.

Why does this event reward luck and not effort? If it was a community's effort to bring an acolyte down, shouldn't the community be rewarded for their effort, and not just the select few who have more luck than others?