Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Violence Gave Me An Idea As How To Improve Banshee And Make Her More Unique.

Guardian_Legion

So what if silence locked down enemy powers. Specifically eximi auras, ancient auras, manic teleports( they still get to go invis), drahk summoning, and shield ospreys/orokin drones can't project their shields.

And perhaps make soundquake allow movement and sync up the bursts to her steps?

Edited by Legionofone

So what if silence locked down enemy powers. Specifically eximi auras, ancient auras, manic teleports( they still get to go invis), the seeking on bombard rockets, and shield ospreys/orokin drones can't project their shields.

GIVE HER THE HOOK SNI... oh, yeah. That's a cool suggestion too.

The seeking of bobards rockest is part of the weapon and not a enemy power but i like the lockdown idea because silences stun is only effectiv while moving and reapply it on enemys and some missions are stationary.

Soundquake ist outdated if you can walk while it is active i would not allow other movement or you produce only shockwaves on the ground.

The seeking of bobards rockest is part of the weapon and not a enemy power but i like the lockdown idea because silences stun is only effectiv while moving and reapply it on enemys and some missions are stationary.

Soundquake ist outdated if you can walk while it is active i would not allow other movement or you produce only shockwaves on the ground.

It is more of a suggestion so it doesn't lose out on grineer, and would give an option to deal with them while she is lining up shots for sonar.

As an Augment for Sound-Quake - Yes

With my Max Range, Max Efficiency- Minimum duration- 'Don't Touch Me Build'

12646716_10206174753747830_4899068486941

12633688_10206174753267818_1221699600330

Manics and Commanders and Eximus get stunned for 3 secs every like 3.5secs....renders them visible and not attacking in a 47m Range (50m if I swap Coaction Drift for Cunning Drift)

Granted Bombard Rockets still have homingbif they were fired and I cannot disable Aura effects, but I think that might be Broken if I could disable all of those roughly every 3 secs indefinitely.

If tied to Sound Quake instead- it would essentially be a Team-buff as Banshee would be locked in place but it also would allow her to deal more Damage if protection Auras were cancelled out and Rockets couldn't hit her.

So what if silence locked down enemy powers. Specifically eximi auras, ancient auras, manic teleports( they still get to go invis), the seeking on bombard rockets, drahk summoning, and shield ospreys/orokin drones can't project their shields.

All of these except shield osprey disabling, drahk summoning, and seeking bombard rockets. The first would be hated with a mag on your team as less shield=less damage with shield polarize, drahk masters summoning drahks doesn't really seem like an ability, and rockets seeking isn't an ability either, just a perk of the bombard's ogris. 

speaking of which, our ogris should lock onto enemies when you zoom in and point at them, like a codex scanner but quicker. No reason why we should be reduced like this. 

All of these except shield osprey disabling, drahk summoning, and seeking bombard rockets. The first would be hated with a mag on your team as less shield=less damage with shield polarize, drahk masters summoning drahks doesn't really seem like an ability, and rockets seeking isn't an ability either, just a perk of the bombard's ogris. 

speaking of which, our ogris should lock onto enemies when you zoom in and point at them, like a codex scanner but quicker. No reason why we should be reduced like this. 

mostly had bombard rockets because i couldn't think of a way to make it practical against grineer until ppl brought up drahhk master, and I tend to agree with ppl with drahkk masters. Shield osprey you make a good point on.

No thnx.

I play Banshee SPECIFICALLY for Savage Silence and the Finisher opens.

Don't take that away from me.

Have it as an augment or soemthing.

Eh? Where did this come from? I don't see any mention of this idea replacing those.

Drahk Masters create Drahks out of thin air. I like to pretend they are teleporting them in from elsewhere. Either way, it's an ability, just like a Flameblade's teleport or a Scorpion's hook. I agree on the rocket seeking not being an "ability"; however, Bombards and other heavy units could lose their shockwave instead.

On the topic of TennOgris seeking: I would prefer to have it be a secondary fire instead of being added to the primary (even if it requires aiming to activate).

Edited by AgentSkye

Eh? Where did this come from? I don't see any mention of this idea replacing those.

Drahk Masters create Drahks out of thin air. I like to pretend they are teleporting them in from elsewhere. Either way, it's an ability, just like a Flameblade's teleport or a Scorpion's hook. I agree on the rocket seeking not being an "ability"; however, Bombards and other heavy units could lose their shockwave instead.

On the topic of TennOgris seeking: I would prefer to have it be a secondary fire instead of being added to the primary (even if it requires aiming to activate).

Enemies spawn from thin air as well. When i think of "ability" i mean something that requires energy. Does the drahk master use up energy orbs for example to summon them? That's where i don't agree that it is an "ability" like a tenno's abilities. But tomato tahmato i guess. A scorpion hook is DEFINITELY not an ability, it's part of her melee style and honestly, if DE had a grineer blade and whip weapon they would make the scorpion use that instead. 

I don't agree with adding it as a secondary because not everyone is comfortable in using it. For me, my secondary is my C key which isn't extremely easy to use when moving around because i use my mouse wheel for powers. I see no reason in making it so you aim because this literally does not effect the weapon at all unless you aim directly at an enemy, which you won't do unless you want the rocket to seek them anyway as its more effective to hit the ground. 

the silence idea is great 

its not hard CC but enemies in her silence aura could have some sort of 'powers' nullification, even at 50% range of silence full range would still be useful 

it definitely has potential as a QoL, improving silence without interfering with its current use 

Enemies spawn from thin air as well. When i think of "ability" i mean something that requires energy. Does the drahk master use up energy orbs for example to summon them? That's where i don't agree that it is an "ability" like a tenno's abilities. But tomato tahmato i guess. A scorpion hook is DEFINITELY not an ability, it's part of her melee style and honestly, if DE had a grineer blade and whip weapon they would make the scorpion use that instead. 

If we defined it as something that uses the energy mechanic to cast, then Silence could never disable any NPC powers because none of them use energy. Not even the Acolytes. So... um... yeah...

Obviously, enemies have to appear out of nowhere when they spawn, but it's not supposed to be seen (and usually isn't), and a lot of spawn rooms have perma-locked doors so that we can pretend they're coming from somewhere. Drahk Masters summon Drahks by casting a power, and no attempt is made to hide it, because we are supposed to see it. It's not just a necessary video game thing, it's intended. We can safely assume it's a teleport. Grineer have a lot of teleports. Flameblades teleport, Vor teleports, Manics teleport, Tyl Regor teleports... teleports. So, lore-wise, it should probably count as a power/ability/whatever, and mechanically, it just simply is.

In fact, here's a list of Grineer non-boss units that have activated powers, mechanically speaking:

Artificer, Bailiff, Bombard, Carabus, Commander, Drahk, Drahk Master, Flameblade, Heavy Gunner, Hellion(?), Latcher(?), Manic(?), Napalm, Scorpion, Seeker, Arctic Eximus, Arson Eximus

Artificers cast a power to summon Carabus things, which then cast a power to kamikaze-charge you.

Bailiffs cast a power that's basically Rhino charge with a different animation, as well as using the shockwave that Heavy Gunners, Bombards, and Napalms have.

Bombard seeking rockets are not an activated power, but their shockwave is.

Drahks cast a power to use a charge attack, kind of similar to the Huras Hunt precept.

Drahk Masters cast a power to summon Drahks; the disarm, however, is a function of their weapon, and not an activated power.

I'm not 100% certain if Hellions count, and I honestly don't have a clue how Manics actually work--hence the question marks.

Scorpions do, in fact, cast a power to use their hook; it has no relation to their melee attacks as implemented currently.

Seekers cast a power to spawn Latchers, which I think also cast a power to latch onto you.

Arctic Eximus cast something almost identical to Snow Globe, and Arson Eximus cast Fire Blast without the ring.

Eximus auras are not activated powers. Ditto Regulator buffs. If things like that were suppressed by a modified Silence, it would be a separate effect.

Obviously, not every power that enemies cast should be disabled. For example, a Drahk's charge attack should not be prevented, and Scorpions are a likely candidate for exemption as well. It's worth noting, however, that if a Scorpion's hook isn't an "ability" that should be disabled, Valkyr's Rip Line shouldn't be disabled either. And it, uh... is.

Edited by AgentSkye