The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Shadow Debt Post 18.4.3 Feedback [Megathread]

Wevi

Hah, we dug this grave months ago, and it's about time we lie in it. Still, these are pretty crap drops, DE. What happened to events based on skill? The Astral Twilight event? Tempo Royale? Have we really hit so far as to not be challenged by these anymore?

You didn't have to do this so many times. Mods are addition, not reward and they will be back. 

1.5 years later, Gate Crash mods still have not made a permanent spot within the game. That's a weak argument.

Edited by Buzkyl

Mods drop at twice the rate but now since you can't leave it takes more than twice as long to actually do missions especially if you get stuck with a defense or survival node effectively making the whole thing a wash. I got my argon scope in about 30 runs now I'm at about 80 and havn't seen a rare mod since and got nothing in the 15-20 runs post patch. 

Dunno why DE thinks players actually enjoy this. Sure it gets players to grind but does that actually correlate to a positive for the game and community? Maybe they see an uptick in plat sales during this event as people start to cave and just buy the mods for 200 plat each which helps DE drive business. It seems like every time DE takes a step forward like they did with the vulpine mask changes they introduce something else that shows no progress in terms of game design.

This seems like a regression actually because previous operations all had concrete objectives and rewards once you hit those objectives. Here we get a slowly dwindling health bar without really knowing much. Atleast for the fomorian event we knew what the stakes were if we didn't manage to save the relay and the community had a good experience when the relays actually blew up. Now we have to save Alad for the umpteenth time when he has repeatedly stabbed us in the back and tortured us. I mean we owe him a favor but it just seems to not make sense from a lore perspective or a gameplay perspective. 

I'm definitely reaching a point of burnout more quickly than previous events. 

it would help if our stuff had a free mod slot to insert these mods or if they were actually useful.  So far ... most of what I've gotten have been "under certain conditions, you get a bonus that is microscopically better than the bonus on the card you removed to put this on in, and the rest of the time, its worse".

Im doing it off and on but 300 times?  No way.   Ill be lucky to get 25, 30 runs in.

YOU88ZT.jpg

Am I the only one?

Basing an event like this on veteran players is where this one is falling down.

These mods are good enough that everyone should have a chance to get them, even guys who are casual players.

Denying the casual players most of these mods is a bit harsh to me, especially if it's going to be a while before they come back. 

Sure they can always buy them for plat, but plat purchases should be for items you really want, that add that extra sparkle to the game .. like the Saryn and Trinity skins.

Not for mods which can pretty much change the way many weapons and styles in the game function, and especially not when there are so damn many of them. 

Plus the drop is a double whammy : You have both a low % chance for the mods, and a time limit of a couple days to get it.

(Argon Scope is already pushing 200p+)

Unless of course Misery (who seems to have most of the mods) is going to become a permanent fixture in the game.

In which case, have fun now and farm later. 

Eh, difference in perspectives. I'd rather have this event than False Profit, even if False Profit did give RNG-free reward at the end. 

I agree RNG could be toned down a little (and DE has agreed to alleviate it) but some mods are just going to be rarer than others and some people are just going to be unlucky. 

When I see numbers like 2% I dont even try. I give something 30 runs max then im done and make due with whatever I have. If it was like 15-20% that would seem reasonable to me. While that seems high trust me it only looks high because by this point we are so used to seeing numbers close to or less than 1 :/. 

Events were way better back then when rewards came from skill and not from luck like in this one. Where after getting to certain score, we had our mod set assured instead of having to grind like pole dancers in order to get the rewards, while a few lucky ones can get the same reward more than once. Imho, RNG based events take out the worst of players (efficient farming killed an acolyte so fast, he had to be revived, and created uncomfortable situations to many players before being fixed) due to their unfairness.

As much as I hate agreeing with players who complain, or post complaint threads, this hits the nail on the head. The event should be entirely about skill and kill number, not about the random drops. I mean, it's fine to have those in addition to the skill items, but remember to temper it a little, and make the things like the event-exclusive items based on community goal reaching and/or individual skill. 

That being said, I'm really tired of people acting like the only thing in the event that matters is the mods. I personally could care less about them, and am running these missions to try to actually accomplish the community goal within the allotted time and whittle down these wannabe stalkers, so that we can hopefully unlock that bonus mission and the ACTUAL rewards (Vulkar Wraith, Lacera skin, Trophies, Lore bits, and community cohesion).

P.S. I am also sick of people defending the people that aborted from public matches, if you're gonna pull that ****, do it on your own time and alone.

They should have done it like do x number for chance at common 2x for uncommon and 2.5x for rare in which each time you damage them there damage and speed increases as well. It would be fun but no we get wait walls rng and 1% drop. After so long an operation comes but now look what happened.

9 days.. we are 2 days (almost 3) into a 9 day event and people are already loosing their FRACKING MINDS!!!!!!!!

Im starting to believe the only people who come here and QQ over events are people who want to make some free plat!!!

Sorry to break your bubble but in those 2 days one defeated and 2 are near dead. This event won't last more than 5 days if people actually try killin mania.

if anyone would read they would know acolytes will be pernament enemy in game

BUT let's ignore this and complain :-D

We have no indication of when they'll come back or in what capacity (time-limited? a day or two? a week? recurring event?).

For all we know they'll be the new Bursas. Knowing they'll come back is one thing but that also doesn't mean a whole lot on its own, unfortunately.

(and no I'm not expecting DE to have perfect knowledge of the exact day they'll be reintroduced and all that jazz, in case someone misinterprets my post...)

oh right i forgot one tiny bit of incredibly funny thingamaroos...

you can farm the mods in the final 3rd part endurance mode

bring nekros there and before u can say "nerf hysteria too op godmode twerker" u already are proud owner of argon scope. happy day to u all ^.^

97 runs, 16 were quits. I've got 24 Body Counts, 10 Spring Loaded Chamber, and 9 Repeater Clip. I've been farming Angst all night to get that stupid rare mod before it gets tossed in the final stage's 20-mod pool that I refuse to grind for. I want to go to bed, but I won't until I get that mod or Angst dies.

oh right i forgot one tiny bit of incredibly funny thingamaroos...

you can farm the mods in the final 3rd part endurance mode

bring nekros there and before u can say "nerf hysteria too op godmode twerker" u already are proud owner of argon scope. happy day to u all ^.^

No one knows if it will be lootable, and that's the entire 20 mod table. Good luck finding what you want out of that.

No one knows if it will be lootable, and that's the entire 20 mod table. Good luck finding what you want out of that.

except u will only kill that guy with 20 mods on his pocket 30ish  enemies per wave 15 waves 30x15 = 450 attempts to get mod in 1 go?

what more do u want ; - ;