Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isnt The Lens A Repeatable Reward?

Hypernaut1

My biggest frustration with sorties is NOT getting lenses. I can build you a truck load of Karaks and Deras. In the last season I only had one lens drop, It was getting really frustrating. I am leveling all trees and have a lot of Frames and weapons that still need greater lenses.

i can kind of understand not getting duplicate weapon parts, but i always prefered getting a lens if i wasnt going to get the big season reward. i have tons of gear that could use greater lens.

25 cores is OK, but i can get those anywhere. People that lack understanding think that complaining about lens means that DE will all of a sudden start handing out Legendary cores ( i mean what else is there in sortie?), but they wont. They just will spam you with cores instead. How is this better?

"excess lenses" ? this shouldn't even be possible. I thought the idea was to outfit all of yoru gear with a greater lens...i guess people only use them on their frames?

Focus Received from Warframes are greater since you're going to use them all the time. Putting them on a Weapon is not a good idea since it's only acquired from kills with said Weapon. And, TBH, you can just buy a greater lens and save on Forma and Argon Crystal. Buying them is also less time consuming if you know what you're doing in trade....40p is nothing nowadays.

Focus Received from Warframes are greater since you're going to use them all the time. Putting them on a Weapon is not a good idea since it's only acquired from kills with said Weapon. And, TBH, you can just buy a greater lens and save on Forma and Argon Crystal. Buying them is also less time consuming if you know what you're doing in trade....40p is nothing nowadays.

still dont see how 25 r5s is better...but ok. 40p is "nothing" now.

Common price for one lens on the market 5 plat.

Rare cores are worth 2 plat each , but no one wants to wait around hours to find the one buyer willing to pay the actual going rate so lets say they are 1 plat each for a quick sell

that's 25 plat / 50 plat core rewards

No one will argue the value of a legendary core so lets leave that out

exilus / catalyst we cant trade but ar worth 10/20 in the market

To me from a pure math stand point id rather have any of the above (except maybe the exilus) then a lens.

I'm not sure where you got this idea of FC being worth 2p each. Or even 1p each. Last time i felt like blowing some plat on stupid things one of them was buying fusion cores, but i was paying 2p for 5 of them. Sellers didn't pop so fast as they could, but they were there. I'd say at little less than "WTB junk, 5for6" rate from before all this baro mess.

so we're looking at more like 10-20 plat value, not 25-50. And I talk about pc platform here, if you're from console simply ignore it.

Lenses are fortunate/unfortunate thing here. Suppose it depends on who's looking at issue. I simply don't care about it, to me whole this focus system is bonus emergency heal, and I didn't even install my starting lense in anything. And tbh even so, lens sits better with me than 25 cores. 50 cores I'd call somewhat equal.

Making lenses once per season reward obviousily will result in fueling market sales or trade-pit. Which isn't necesarly bad.

On side note:

why you think it'll result in pumping up value of parts? The way I see it, It'll pump prices to the sky on end of season due to limited supply and nearly kill sales, because potential buyers think that they have better chance now.

And how do you imagine token system? Any token system in sorties will result in baro 2.0, bcs if legendary cores won't be in there... yup. And no way in hell they'd be there (though I'd wish on that too).

and @sanemane213 40 isn't nothing. 40 is 40. If it's still nothing, send me noogle of your choice in-game, it's 35 so less than nothing.... Awww, console user.

Edited by 5HV3N

I dont want lenses because it takes a full forma to build a greater lens anyways, waste of forma and lenses, rather just buy it for 40p and sell other stuff to make the plat. Buying a lens on the market for 5p is pretty shortsighted because when you put a full forma into the mix you are putting a value of 20p (De's imposed price on forma) into that recipe, thats not even counting an argon crystal.

So really lenses should be valued at 2.5p or less each. So for me to spend 30-40m in a sortie for 2.5p is just a pisspoor  use of time in general.

Platinum = Time. This whole games currency is time. You could do like 15-20 t3c's in the time it takes to do a sortie, sell each prime piece for like 1p (or more 1p is worst case) and still make like almost 10x more plat.

Fortunately for me, most people in the community are terrible at math so it allows me to clean up in the market and acquire all my platinum with ease.

Even the 25 gold cores is a questionable at best time investment. I wish i knew the % drop rates for sorties, but i know DE pretty well and I'm pretty sure the sorties, in general, are a huge waste of time unless you specifically want nezha or an event weapon. The 50 gold cores and legendary cores are nice, don't get me wrong, you just probably (notice i said probably) won't get them often enough to justify your time usage here instead of smaller, more reliable methods to then create the platinum and just buy gold cores, or buy legendary cores.

Also any of you crafting your exilus adapters better be swimming in forma (unlike me), because that recipe is a blight upon the ignorant.

Edited by Skaleek

I don't mind getting lenses, but I do mind getting the same lens 6 times in one season of a Sortie.

Besides... this will help with getting other parts or cores. All of which you can trade for plat and then you can buy a better lens from the market.

You get 25 cores instead of a repeat lens? That's 25-50p right there, and you have a new and better lens or 2.

This is a winning situation.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

I want lenses. I want them from the school I am leveling though, not from every other school (which is what always happens). 

Only option to deal with duplicate lenses from wrong schools is to trade them out. But (understandably), most traders want to make volume trades, which makes trading very difficult at times. 

I don't mind getting lenses, but I do mind getting the same lens 6 times in one season of a Sortie.

Besides... this will help with getting other parts or cores. All of which you can trade for plat and then you can buy a better lens from the market.

You get 25 cores instead of a repeat lens? That's 25-50p right there, and you have a new and better lens or 2.

This is a winning situation.

you're not going to sell 25cores for 25-50p. Not often anyway. Why are people perpetuating this myth? If it was so easy to sell cores for 25-50p, why does ANYONE complain about RNG, when they can so easily buy their parts/modds from the market by trading in the cores they get from the void>?

Edited by Hypernaut1

There is no argument between the value of a lens and 25 rare cores though. 25 rare cores are more valuable then a lens. I agree that r5's are not priced at 1p each, but they dont need to be. They could be valued at 0.2p each and still be more valuable than a regular lens.

thats like saying you bought a few catalyst, so they shouldnt be sortie rewards

I was just expressing my personal preference, never said they shouldn't be sortie rewards.

personally prefer =/= shouldn't

I have a lot of catalyst too, but I don't mind getting them in sorties.

Edited by RayPerth

Why do you "hate" getting lenses? i never understood the outcry. You need 4 to put on your items to gain focus. Is DE really listening to people whining about reasonable rewards now ? 

I'd much prefer a chance at getting more than 4 different lenses instead of only being able to earn 1 greater lens a season.

"excess lenses" ? this shouldn't even be possible. I thought the idea was to outfit all of yoru gear with a greater lens...i guess people only use them on their frames?

You only need a maximum of 8 lenses per tree (two greater lenses), due to how focus is gained. Once you have a greater lens on your frame and your favorite weapon, you can't get any more focus per kill. Heck, if you run Ember or Mag you kinda only need one greater lens per tree. Now, apply that logic to the average player of this game who heads to Draco or T4 Surv/Int to grind out all 75k daily focus points in a couple short hours

Well, I got some lens, and I don't understand how focus work, it's just there, and I'm busy using my 1-2-3-4-e-e-ctrl-space-shift-w- repeat. If they gonna improve it then it worth, otherwise just left it there.

P/s: have to kill to gain focus point? What? So if I play trinity all day, full tree is at oblivion?

You only need a maximum of 8 lenses per tree (two greater lenses), due to how focus is gained. Once you have a greater lens on your frame and your favorite weapon, you can't get any more focus per kill. Heck, if you run Ember or Mag you kinda only need one greater lens per tree. Now, apply that logic to the average player of this game who heads to Draco or T4 Surv/Int to grind out all 75k daily focus points in a couple short hours

[Citation Needed]

Edit-

@Player.G yes, you need kills. This is supposedly a bug that they were supposedly going to fix. Basically if you don't play a pure damage frame you are indeed getting screwed over, and the only way to prevent getting screwed over is to screw other players over. It's a purely bad system.

Edited by Mastikator2

Oh don't pretend that the people who write up and calculate builds aren't all trying to optimize for T4 and/or Draco. I admit I used the word "average" as deliberate hyperbole, but that kind of player is still everywhere

Those are power players.

An average gamer spends less than 1 hour per day.

I like and thus support the change that DE made. I would rather have cores than getting yet another useless lense.

You want more than 1 lense of a certain type? Go trade. Or just buy the greater ones straight from the market.

I just buy the lenses I want from the market. Those small lenses is wasted on me.

I run sorties with my father. Now that we are in season 4, lenses, of ALL kinds, are a trash reward for us. Absolutely worthless. I hope they stay as a single reward. That way we have a guaranteed chance at 4/5 useful rewards if we are diligent enough (cores, catalysts, reactors, legendary cores, etc)

The current reward system is an improvement, but it still isn't ideal, especially considering the lenses. While it is nice to not get more than one Unairu lens per season, you can't get multiples of the more desirable lenses either.

All in all, I think lenses being non-repeatable is the lesser evil here. But I'm still looking forward to getting something along the lines of the token based reward system they talked about later down the line.

A lot of people have excessive amounts of lenses.

And still they cry about "It is so hard to get 75k focus a day" or "I am forced to use this and that frame/weapon, because only this itmes have lenses".

Noone has excessive amounts of lenses, cause every frame and weapon can need one. Maybe I should start making cry threads because I have 13 catalysts and 4 reactors and don´t need anymore at the moment.