Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Concerns

Banjong

The countdown on the relays are gone and we have news from DE ragarding whats going to happen to baro. I really don't think this is fair, people have complained about him but that's not everyone. DE is putting its players in the dark about him and honestly that's not fair to all the players that has been loyal to the game. No announcements or even documentation on whats going to happen to him. You guys have been so great as a developer but I believe what you are doing now is uncalled for. 

putting us players in the dark about this is unfair. every time DE makes changes to the game its put on the forums or is announced properly but this time we got nothing. they just took him out without the courtesy of telling us about it.  

Maybe they disabled the timer to see what people would say about it. Test the waters to see what kind of reaction there would be if he was gone. If it's good they say they confirm they removed him. If it's bad they say it was a bug they "fixed" and he's back on schedule. ;)

*PBRfoil hat*

Edited by VKhaun

Maybe they disabled the timer to see what people would say about it. Test the waters to see what kind of reaction there would be if he was gone. If it's good they say they confirm they removed him. If it's bad they say it was a bug they "fixed" and he's back on schedule. ;)

*PBRfoil hat*

I seriously hope that that is what it is, I loved not having to spend plat to get boosters his last visit.

putting us players in the dark about this is unfair. every time DE makes changes to the game its put on the forums or is announced properly but this time we got nothing. they just took him out without the courtesy of telling us about it.

Tell me more about the Second Dream.

Relax, man. They might just wanna give us some surprises.

Booster prices were more than fine. What did you expect them to be free?

No, they were not fine. It's about time investment. When it takes 20 to 30 times more time to farm the prime parts for the required ducats compared to just farming a single prime part and selling it in the trade chat to buy a booster from the market, then the prices are certainly not fine.

Just take the potato for 700 ducats as an example. It's takes a long time to farm enough prime parts to get 700 ducats. And for an item you can buy for 20 plat? Those are per hour rates a third world country gold farmer wouldn't work for! Especially when you consider how easy it is to get 20 plat in the trade chat.

I for one, was critical of the last few Baro visits and only heard 3rd party rumors that DE was getting rid of him because they were upset at player's responses to his offering. I didn't mind if items were repeats for myself, my only issue was the prices seamed a little off. Repeat items are good for newer player or ones that missed the item at an earlier trader/event.

I hope (don't think) that DE would remove him because of player feedback. They probably have plans to revamp him and his inventory to make it fit the current state of the game.

I would applaud DE for taking their time (and not rush) to develop the future trader events. I'm sure they are very busy developing new content and that takes people and time to develop, test and release. They also have to support bug reporting and fixes (these also need time to properly fix and not just fire off a quick patch that doesn't fix the root cause).

Thinks that need time to work out:

1. The range of player base is getting broader. What is good for new players is different than what max MR players are looking for or can use.

2. Prices need to be balanced between market and ducat costs for items that are in market. (same for trade chat, i.e., remember major lenses selling for 100p on trade and they were 40p on market)

3. Designing new items to make them special for trader. 

4. Ducat availability related to void design and proposed redesign. (and accessibility to very low level players)

We will just have to wait and see. 

No, they were not fine. It's about time investment. When it takes 20 to 30 times more time to farm the prime parts for the required ducats compared to just farming a single prime part and selling it in the trade chat to buy a booster from the market, then the prices are certainly not fine.

Just take the potato for 700 ducats as an example. It's takes a long time to farm enough prime parts to get 700 ducats. And for an item you can buy for 20 plat? Those are per hour rates a third world country gold farmer wouldn't work for! Especially when you consider how easy it is to get 20 plat in the trade chat.

I believe the prices were targetted at those players who had already converted their parts into ducats. Those who have stockpiles of ducats rather than parts don't have the choice of selling those parts for plat. Also I'm sure that DE is well aware that there are plenty of players that avoid trade chat, since attempting to sell things on trade chat is a time sink in and of itself. I think some people forget these things when they look at those prices. They're still a bit on the high side, but it doesn't seem that bad for people that fall into those camps.

sounds like we need a trade board to fix those prices lol