Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike Made Everything Beserkable?

Heidrek

I haven't found the mod yet, but the chat is say it gives a flat 90% crit rate on all slide attacks? sweet jesus, I think we should do something about the weapons that have low crit rates, and redo maiming strike. Could we make charge attacks or channeling a thing because Im finding that mellee is sorely being outdated and power creep. I don't want everything to be beserkable. I want some diversity. 

Well, you don't really need to make non crit melee weapons berzerkable because it costs you 2 mod slots. Try slotting some variable mods instead.

this^^

is diversity... berserk is an option for those who like it and if u don`t want it u can remove, as long as something is not a default feature u can`t say it kills diversity

this^^

is diversity... berserk is an option for those who like it and if u don`t want it u can remove, as long as something is not a default feature u can`t say it kills diversity

who doesn't like having an extra 90% attack speed. it's the best form of DPS and survivablity in game

Well considering that maiming strike doesn't just make all weapons berserker viable but also increases stacking speed of berserker pretty signficantly and makes it reliable to keep up in pretty much every situation.  If you then have a weapon with high slide damage like boltace or dual kamas or even simply tonfas and dual swords you can also gain a hefty amount of damage from maiming strike alone and weapons with high range can also benefit quite nicely from guaranteed or almost guaranteed slide crits.

As full berserker provides 75% attackspeed, which is pretty much 75% more dps in a nutshell if you have no other attack speed influencing mods.

With constant slides the maiming strike will also net you some damage, so I'm not sure how much of a sidegrade that really is in terms of diversity.

As üretty much a melee only player I have never really used a weapon which can't benefit from berserker just because its so incredibly powerful. Not only because of sheer dps but also because of the mobility it gives you and the additional status procs or cc the weapon brings on its own.

There are few melee weapons which can't utilize berserker and aren't second class melee weapons and especially those will benefit from maiming strike, because a wepon needs to be damn strong to be able to pass up berserker and still be really good.(Lacera and Boltace come to mind)

It really depends on your definition of diversity, to what degree and how you want to use your melee weapon to judge this as a straight upgrade or still be able to see this as a sidegrade.

Personally, I'm loving the Maiming Strike + Berserker possibilities. I've been using it on my Lacera recently, and I feel it makes the weapon far better than it was before. It's still slower than a Berserker Mios, yes, but I've always felt heavy status weapons should be fast to begin with, and it gives me a good reason to use the new (really good in my opinion) Scorn Lacera Skin.

Haven't tried this combo on the Twin Basolk yet, but if I'm enjoying the Lacera now, I have high hopes for them.

All weapons can use it, but not all weapons benefit from it.

For me, the only weapon I found worth Maiming was Dragon Nikana, as I use a Spoiled Strike heavy build with Decisive Judgement to ampt the animation speed. So when I use Maiming + Berserker on it, it feels more lively than using a Fury + Berserker on it. 

Plus 5% chance Red crit.

Other weapons good for Maiming are low crit chance, high Swinging Range weapons, or weapons that beenfit from attack speed but really can't get enough of it. 

Orthos Prime is better off Blood Rushing, but a Damage Heavy Maiming build is very strong too.

Another example would be Basolks.

They have high potential to be very good Status weapons, yet their garbage attack speed hold them back.

Making them Bersakable is very attractive.

Also, high spin damage is something every Dual Sword seem to show off. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

You won't believe how wrong you are.

All weapons can technically benefit from it to some degree, but at what cost? You're going to get less damage than a blood rush+body count build if you're trying to band-aid weapons that were previously not viable with berserker.

You won't believe how wrong you are.

you won`t either........

already fast weapons don`t need it, something like mire, it`s already hard to control with fury only on, with berserker kicking in it`ll be near 1.9 attack rate... how u wanna control that?

MS+berserker combo is only good for slow-high gamage weapons such as axes, hammers, claws, etc.

I was talking in the context of Maiming Strike being not worth to put on majority of weapons.

then ur going off topic

also some weapons don`t benefit from MS alone, something like daggers, their spin attack hardly ever hits anything anyway

something like glaives, their spin attack damage sucks, when multiplied by 2 it still won`t kill anyone

you won`t either........

already fast weapons don`t need it, something like mire, it`s already hard to control with fury only on, with berserker kicking in it`ll be near 1.9 attack rate... how u wanna control that?

MS+berserker combo is only good for slow-high gamage weapons such as axes, hammers, claws, etc.

The only stance where something like a sword could be ever fast enough to speak of being hard to cotnrol would be iron phoenix and that stance is terrible and even then its stilla strecth, there are weapons being faster and still using berserker (Tipedo). Warcry valkyrs or speed melee Volts would also like to have a word with that.

You dont have to like insanely fast attack speed, but attack speed is one of the best dps stats for melees because it provides you not only with damage but also status procs, cc depending on the weapon and very importantly mobility, the faster you can execute your combos, the faster you can move around, avoid damage and animation lock on many stances becomes less of a problem.

Even if its harder to control, it rewards adjusting to that. If you dont use berserker on a weapon that can utilize it you will never see its full potential or at earliest when you actually get primed fury from the 200 day login reward. There is a reason the great majority of non crit/berserker melees are second class weaponry.

And I would still argue that maiming strike + berserker is an excellent combo for any weapon reliant on dps and not being used for other purposes like redeemer, throwing weapons or dagger. Although you can abuse the maiming strike mechanic to get the charge shot of redeemer to benefit from it but that doesn't make berserker any more useful on it.

That is ignoring the combo counter playstyle enabled by body count + blood rush, since the damage that combo provides you in long missions is beyond anything you can achieve with other setups as long as your weapons have 10% crit chance minimum. (although its stil strong even with only 5% crit chance if you get the combo counter above 3)

then ur going off topic

also some weapons don`t benefit from MS alone, something like daggers, their spin attack hardly ever hits anything anyway

something like glaives, their spin attack damage sucks, when multiplied by 2 it still won`t kill anyone

ehhh if you were that desperate to use glaive, you'll see its very easy too. I don't know about you, but I got cestra to do pretty good damage it's just that destreza feeling sexy on my zephyr, I got a cape for this sole reason. To recolor black and feel like Zoro.

The only stance where something like a sword could be ever fast enough to speak of being hard to cotnrol would be iron phoenix and that stance is terrible and even then its stilla strecth, there are weapons being faster and still using berserker (Tipedo). Warcry valkyrs or speed melee Volts would also like to have a word with that.

You dont have to like insanely fast attack speed, but attack speed is one of the best dps stats for melees because it provides you not only with damage but also status procs, cc depending on the weapon and very importantly mobility, the faster you can execute your combos, the faster you can move around, avoid damage and animation lock on many stances becomes less of a problem.

Even if its harder to control, it rewards adjusting to that. If you dont use berserker on a weapon that can utilize it you will never see its full potential or at earliest when you actually get primed fury from the 200 day login reward. There is a reason the great majority of non crit/berserker melees are second class weaponry.

And I would still argue that maiming strike + berserker is an excellent combo for any weapon reliant on dps and not being used for other purposes like redeemer, throwing weapons or dagger. Although you can abuse the maiming strike mechanic to get the charge shot of redeemer to benefit from it but that doesn't make berserker any more useful on it.

That is ignoring the combo counter playstyle enabled by body count + blood rush, since the damage that combo provides you in long missions is beyond anything you can achieve with other setups as long as your weapons have 10% crit chance minimum. (although its stil strong even with only 5% crit chance if you get the combo counter above 3)

yo it really doesn't matter how many times you spin to win, as long as you can keep up the stacks you're good.

this^^

We have a buttload of channeling mods, charge attack mechanisms, status builds, and we came back to crits, and more attack speed. Why in the world would you think there is diversity. Damage is damage and survivability is survivability. sadly, berserker gives both of those things. and the other mechanics have been left to rot and die due to lack of maintenance and updating. 

Well considering that maiming strike doesn't just make all weapons berserker viable but also increases stacking speed of berserker pretty signficantly and makes it reliable to keep up in pretty much every situation.  If you then have a weapon with high slide damage like boltace or dual kamas or even simply tonfas and dual swords you can also gain a hefty amount of damage from maiming strike alone and weapons with high range can also benefit quite nicely from guaranteed or almost guaranteed slide crits.

As full berserker provides 75% attackspeed, which is pretty much 75% more dps in a nutshell if you have no other attack speed influencing mods.

With constant slides the maiming strike will also net you some damage, so I'm not sure how much of a sidegrade that really is in terms of diversity.

As üretty much a melee only player I have never really used a weapon which can't benefit from berserker just because its so incredibly powerful. Not only because of sheer dps but also because of the mobility it gives you and the additional status procs or cc the weapon brings on its own.

There are few melee weapons which can't utilize berserker and aren't second class melee weapons and especially those will benefit from maiming strike, because a wepon needs to be damn strong to be able to pass up berserker and still be really good.(Lacera and Boltace come to mind)

It really depends on your definition of diversity, to what degree and how you want to use your melee weapon to judge this as a straight upgrade or still be able to see this as a sidegrade.

We got so many mellee mechanics and we just more mods to populate crit builds. Want status? gotta get reach, attack speed, and status. Want charge attacks? not there. Want channeling? not worth the energy lose and DE abandoned it after the lone sword update. I don't even think of using my channeling because its based of hits not damage, life strike is the only mod that actually is useful. want something? complain about it on the forums, only never to be realized.

and it takes away a mod slot from damage while forcing u to spin around like a madman

nah it only makes you spin 3 or 4 times, then once or twice every 23 seconds.

Personally, I'm loving the Maiming Strike + Berserker possibilities. I've been using it on my Lacera recently, and I feel it makes the weapon far better than it was before. It's still slower than a Berserker Mios, yes, but I've always felt heavy status weapons should be fast to begin with, and it gives me a good reason to use the new (really good in my opinion) Scorn Lacera Skin.

Haven't tried this combo on the Twin Basolk yet, but if I'm enjoying the Lacera now, I have high hopes for them.

weak band-aid, still so many unexplored mechanics and avenues. 

Well, if this is true then we could see a lot of previously terrible melee weapons get some use?

Good bandaid if anything.

bad bandaid. the mod can be applied to any weapon just making everything beserkable, thus pushing other unexplored mechanics out of the way.