Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Hidden Passageways

ROSING

Just curious, but how many of you know about the hidden passageways to the jail cells in rescue missions? Not being stealth, that's understandable, but too often when I'm pugging people just try to barge in through the front door only to find that I've already slipped through and let the hostage out. 

Do you know about the hidden routes, and if you do, do you use them?

Edit: wrong title lol, I meant Rescue not Spy

Edited by ROSING

Yes, I know about them and I use them usually if I can remember them for each specific tile. I don't run a lot of Rescue missions, but recently I've started exploring them the same way I did spy missions to find every possible entrance.

On one of the Corpus maps I've found 4 separate hidden entrances in addition to the front door.

Yes, and I ask people not to open the front door, because IMO that just lets enemies in to shoot me while I'm hacking the cells open.

I mostly do Rescue missions on Sorties, where stealth is not even allowed... even though it was the whole point of Rescue 2.0...

Honestly, that is pretty sad to hear.

I feel like secret passageways will become the "you can turn corpus ciphers clockwise AND counterclockwise" of this year, its not generally talked about or even hinted at. They only ever mentioned it when the mission was first released.

I feel like secret passageways will become the "you can turn corpus ciphers clockwise AND counterclockwise" of this year, its not generally talked about or even hinted at. They only ever mentioned it when the mission was first released.

Wait, you can turn corpus cyphers counterclockwise?

Wait, you can turn corpus cyphers counterclockwise?

Actually, even as I was writing this, I knew in my heart that the "you can turn corpus ciphers clockwise AND counterclockwise" of a year will always be "you can turn corpus ciphers clockwise AND counterclockwise"..unless you tell us from the start that you can, DE!

yeah, I know about the secret passages, but since I run rescue and spy missions with ivara with zenurik's energy regen passive, and the rakta ballistica, I never have to worry about energy and can therefore stealth my way through the front door, as it's faster to use the big obvious entrance they provided

I always use the secret passageways, and especially in sorties I feel they are way quicker than frontdooring (I notice that when pugging in sorties, as they are often not even done bruteforcing their way to the frontdoor, nor even close to unlocking it, when I already got the hostage out of the cell)

In fact, from this experience I actually find it a fun and good strategy to tell the others: "I take care of the hostage, you guys distract the enemies".

Doing so really gives me the feeling that you are doing some actual teamwork, it just feels really nice somehow :)

I love spy and some rescue missions and I've found that each one of them has different paths to take you to the price, and that I consider is their most valuable (and fun) feat, the ability to offer the Operator play choices.

Gun blazin - front door, Ninja approach - the back alley, Cheese farmer - the roof access...

You can change how ppl see spy runs by showing them how rewarding is to pay attention to scenery; and opening new ways of having fun with previously neglected missions :)

one thing that really helped me find these things was using my scanner to scout, while trying to watch the Wardens the scanner will also highlight most destructables, so as Grates and Broken Fans that you can smash to get access to these. It really helped when I was doing the Sea Lab Spies for Natah and Second Dream.

I love spy and some rescue missions and I've found that each one of them has different paths to take you to the price, and that I consider is their most valuable (and fun) feat, the ability to offer the Operator play choices.

Gun blazin - front door, Ninja approach - the back alley, Cheese farmer - the roof access...

You can change how ppl see spy runs by showing them how rewarding is to pay attention to scenery; and opening new ways of having fun with previously neglected missions :)

giphy.gif

I've found that almost every spy/ rescue mission I've ever done involves the aforementioned "side" entrance hidden in the scenery, always near the target item.

I was always under the impression that spy missions purposely rewarded the intellectual approach to those missions, and punished the basic "blow through the front entrance" tactic commonly used. When I used to random on spy missions, I'd spend half my time reviving when their poor hacking skills drew a platoon of enemies and literally pinned us against a wall. All solo everything when it came to spy/rescues after that. I find even in 3rd sortie rescue/ spy missions, the thrill is that much greater because taking a second to think and getting it right is better than the clenching panic of Lotus saying "Alarms!" and knowing you're at least two control panels away from your target...

After all, what spy is really going in through the front door? 

I do, but I'm more familiar with the Spy Mission alternate paths than the rescue mission ones. 

And actually, I prefer tackling spy missions alone, unless I know I'm with competent people who then split up, get all 3 data extraction points, hopefully without tripping the alarm, and then finishing the mission.

giphy.gif

Thx... I guess

:)