Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Air Support Charges Should Be Independent Of Ship

Educated_Beast

When we add the air support segment into our ship we get the ability to create air support charges.

The way it works now is you build the charges in foundry and equip in gear. The charge equipped depends on what ship you bring for loading screen.

Why can't we get a new blue print unlocked for each ship we own? In other words, if you own all 3 ships, you can build 3 different types of air charges.

That way I can create air support charges but use any loading screen cosmetic I choose. For example, I prefer the mantis (with day of dead skin), but the security protocol charges are more useful.

Why can't I have both? If I want to waste gear slots on multiple air charges, why not. If DE got really advanced, different ships can do more damage, extra charges, etc.

I'm OK with locking them out until we own the ship, but once you have all the ships, the support charge blue prints should be independent.

Edited by Educated_Beast

Air support is completely useless currently. I mean, you have the hacking one that's so slow I can hack the nearby terminal faster. You have the HP tower, which is a glorified HP Pad, and the airstrike with 100 damage and small AoE.

Don't forget the 10 min cooldown. No one really uses them.

Air support is completely useless currently. I mean, you have the hacking one that's so slow I can hack the nearby terminal faster. 

The hacking one does have its uses though:

-Doing a rescue mission and someone messes up and the timer is getting low?  Drop that air support to freeze the kill timer giving you plenty of time to save the person

-Doing a spy mission and someone messes up? Drop the air support to freeze the data wipe timer.

This even works in the sortie missions.

Makes PUGs far less painful.

Overall the hacking one is the most useful air support charge.

Air Support outside of Liset is a myth. Rare Containers and Assassin drops? I'd rather even farm Sorties than those. Honestly, with how unreasonable they are to obtain, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people simply don't see any issue with their actual performance.

I do enjoy my Liset support though, and I also like your idea.

I completely agree. However, I would go farther and combine pancakes and support charges. No more spam able energy restores, you get one super super energy restore every x amount of time. We already have it with the Mantis air support, it is a super health restore. Also, obtaining drop ships should be achievement based, like maybe revive 500 allies to unlock Mantis (because it is the healing one). Kill so many enemies for scimitar (because it is the boom-boom one).

It is the point of it thath each landing craft has a diffrent air support.

I get that. But would it be hard to imagine that once you have obtained the blue prints from a new ship, you could apply that technology to another?

My opinion, that differs of course from others is that the mantis looks best. However, my playstyle does not need a glorified healthpad. I'd prefer the liset air charges for reasons above (PUG spy and rescue missions).

But I find that ship plain. If I paid Plat to have a cool looking loading screen, why can't I use any air support charge I desire. Even equip all 3 if I wanted.

Does ordis suddenly forget how to hack on a Mantis?

Also consider this. Before entering a difficult match (say sortie or raid) we already have the following things to do:

1. Adjust aura versus faction / coordinate with team

2. Change syndicate sigil

3. Change focus to match frame / role in squad (if you don't have more than 1 school yet, you will get there and it's a chore to remember without them locked into slots)

4. Change gear (shotgun only, etc.)

Now we have to also change ships to play optimally?

I get it, air support charges are typically worthless but I can't see them being left in this state. They will get a boost. But when they do, why is my loading screen determine my optimal load out for mission.

A cosmetic needs to stay a cosmetic. We should be forced to always swap ships for the rare instance we may need ordis to hack because some noob thought he could complete a spy mission with rhino.