Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

I realize it is probably a performance tweak, but I really dislike how you no longer see the mods after you have picked them up. Because before you could still target them with a waypoint and you would also see if everyone had picked it up. Also, if the waypoint disappears(timer is way too short) and someone asks where the mod was (which is not unusual) I will not be able to locate it again. At least have it as an option in the settings for fine tuning.

You kept seeing them after picking them up? For me they always disappeared after picking them up o.O 

Additions

- Tenno reinforcements: POLEARM AND BOOMERANG! Kestrel and Orthos.

ekKxor9.jpg

The Orthos is a double bladed polearm, a first of its kind for the Tenno.

The Kestrel is a deadly Boomerang, a heavy throwing weapon that can knock down enemies at a distance.

- Toggle Sprint now an option in UI Settings

- Aim Assist for controllers is now a toggle option.

- Added Clan “Message of the Day” feature. People with Ruler or higher privileges in clans can add a MOTD by using this command “/motd” in their clan chat channel .

- Mantle Animations added, get ready to front flip like Frost in the latest trailer!

- Machete and Prova Prod now share a new animation set. (Prova Prod is coming!)

- Kunai sheaths can now be colour customized.

Changes

- Defense mission reward tables have been reviewed and changed. Reward tables are now split between factions. Fusion cores have now been added to the drop tables.

- Increase max length of Flux Rifle Beam.

- Added gibbing polish to enemies that are killed by doors.

- Added confirmation messages to UI when performing Clan Actions (promotions, etc).

- Various Sound improvements to weapons with this Hotfix!

- Tesla Coils on characters will now have fewer FX.

Fixes

- Fixed crates being in defense mission dead zone ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/59740-defense-mission-deadzone-please-read/)

- Fixed bug where Arrows would float in game.

- Fixed issue where using Mags Crush on Moas would cause them to “die” twice.

- Fix for Ammo pack beacon remaining in game after ammo is picked up.

- Improvements to Galleon Wall Running in certain connectors .

- Fix for sprint preventing certain weapons functions (sprint and aim works, sprint and shoot cancels run).

- Fix client issue with Blade Storm: wasn’t properly creating teleport effects.

- Fixed various collision issues affecting AI enemies and players in the Orokin Void levels.

- Fixed arm fins on Excalibur and Excalibur Prime clipping through the arm when using iron sights.

- Fix for Grineer bombard rockets being collidable after explosion

- Fix for triggered pressure plates being host only in Orokin Void.

- Fix for lighting issues in certain levels.

- Fix for Capture Target being dissolved by acrid, becoming un-capturable.

- Fix for Nyx absorb being interrupted by Nauseous crawlers.

- Fix for Volt getting up from bleedout when speed ends.

- Fix for Kunai not operating as a silent weapon.

- Fixed kills not being counted by Rhino’s Charge and Stomp.

- Fixed player being held in air when pulled by Grineer Scorpion on different elevation

Hotfix 8.1.0.1:

- Fixed crash issues with many users (this was related to Steam files).

- Fixed Braton firing sound and effectiveness issues.

- Fix for Glaive elemental effects not working on clients.

- Slide cooldown added between movements.

always like new weapons!

Butthurt rushers ITT.

The change affects everyone. There is no actual excuse to be mad at this change except that if you were the A****** that just slide dashed through the whole level ignoring everything except the boss/objective and extraction, leaving anyone else behind.  The devs have openly stated in livestream and probably here on the forums that they look down on that gameplay style and want to weed it out. If you don't like it, go play super mario Bros. or Sonic the hedgehog, they're PvE games and you can speedrun all you want in them.  Otherwise, shut up and play instead of whining like a child because of a small change that doesn't affect normal gameplay.

I can use all of the same flipping and sliding tactics I could before, all they did was add about a 3 second cooldown to sliding momentum. So don't try to use "Oh i can't flip or do ninja stuff now!" as an attempt at an excuse...

actually, now if you want to slide dash, you have to, if you have the default keybindings, shold down shift and W, press crtl with the base of your palm while still holding shift, likely with your pinkey finger, hitting space while holding both ctrl and shift, let go and ctrl in the air and hold it again.

This is very painful on the hand.  and besides that, only every other slide gives the boost, which kind of defeates the purpose of executing an awesome ninja move  to close distance.  now i just have to run head long into their bullets if I want to use my melee weapon.

Edited by CCCM89

actually, now if you want to slide dash, you have to, if you have the default keybindings, shold down shift and W, press crtl with the base of your palm while still holding shift, likely with your pinkey finger, hitting space while holding both ctrl and shift, let go and ctrl in the air and hold it again.

This is very painful on the hand.  and besides that, only every other slide gives the boost, which kind of defeates the purpose of executing an awesome ninja move  to close distance.  now i just have to run head long into their bullets if I want to use my melee weapon.

I've always done it in the "painful" manner you describe. Except i just use my pinky to press shift and control at the same time, all you have to do is flatten your finger.  It's still very much possible to execute a sprint >slide > frontflip melee smash attack to close distance and knock down a group of enemies to boot.  I've been cutting my way through grineer all morning with the brand new Hate I just built and have had no issues with the slide cooldown whatsoever.  By the time I'm done executing a melee combo from a slide maneuver, the slide has long since come off cooldown.  Now of course, you can't just infini helicopter slide with melee anymore, which is another thing that people are probably upset over, but not saying aloud because they can't come up with an excuse for that one being a valid complaint.

Also I'm not mad at all over any of this.  I'm actually laughing at everyone whining about it because they considered repeating three keystrokes over and over some kind of "skill" or something...  I personally don't get it. Since I tend to actually fight everything the game throws at me so I can stock up on mods, resources and, XP, I wouldn't even have noticed the change if I hadn't read the patchnotes.  Especially considering the only real areas that you could even benefit from chaining of movement (as in more than just slidedashing) is in the corpus outpost levels.  Hell, just slide flipping in the grineer ships oftentimes ends up getting me stuck in the ceiling or falling off one of the dozens of out of bounds ledges planted all over those maps.

Maybe people will start to realize now that the actual fastest method of travel is to wallrun > jump > wallrun since the angled wall jumps send you flying a good 30m a piece at max speed and have no loss in momentum whatsoever until you hit something.

You kept seeing them after picking them up? For me they always disappeared after picking them up o.O 

he meant the blue lines around them.  those would stay untill everyone picked up the mod.

I've always done it in the "painful" manner you describe. Except i just use my pinky to press shift and control at the same time, all you have to do is flatten your finger.  It's still very much possible to execute a sprint >slide > frontflip melee smash attack to close distance and knock down a group of enemies to boot.  I've been cutting my way through grineer all morning with the brand new Hate I just built and have had no issues with the slide cooldown whatsoever.  By the time I'm done executing a melee combo from a slide maneuver, the slide has long since come off cooldown.  Now of course, you can't just infini helicopter slide with melee anymore, which is another thing that people are probably upset over, but not saying aloud because they can't come up with an excuse for that one being a valid complaint.

Also I'm not mad at all over any of this.  I'm actually laughing at everyone whining about it because they considered repeating three keystrokes over and over some kind of "skill" or something...  I personally don't get it. Since I tend to actually fight everything the game throws at me so I can stock up on mods, resources and, XP, I wouldn't even have noticed the change if I hadn't read the patchnotes.  Especially considering the only real areas that you could even benefit from chaining of movement (as in more than just slidedashing) is in the corpus outpost levels.  Hell, just slide flipping in the grineer ships oftentimes ends up getting me stuck in the ceiling or falling off one of the dozens of out of bounds ledges planted all over those maps.

Maybe people will start to realize now that the actual fastest method of travel is to wallrun > jump > wallrun since the angled wall jumps send you flying a good 30m a piece at max speed and have no loss in momentum whatsoever until you hit something.

1. consider yourself lucky, then, because having to hold down shift the entire time was never an issue untill now, even if you let off it, you could still slide dash.  And if you're flattening your pinky finger, that means you have less desterity when manuevering the wasd keys.  It's still an awkward position that this change has just made more awkward.

2. people are whining because slide dashing was one of the few things that let them keep up with ash and loki frames when they decided to rush.  I'm in a Rhino, the slowest frame, and every time I've run fossa, I've been left behind to fight my way up to the boss solo, since the majority of frames I see are rushing.  Kind of funny now that they have to wait for me to get the boss fight started, but imagine doing any other assassination mission?  you'ld have lokis and ashes rushing to the boss, killing them, grabbing the rewards, and rushing to extraction while you're still working your way to the boss.  9 times out of 10, 2 or more of them hit extraction and start the minute countdown, so you miss out on any boss rewards.  this change is only hurting the slower frames who DON'T try to rush.

3. that, sir, is an exploit and will be patched out, just like slide dashing, if what all these people saying slide dashing was an exploit are to believed.  so enjoy your wall boosting now, because if things keep going the way they are?  it will be removed and probably have a wallrunning cooldown added.  give it a year and we'll be downgraded from space ninjas to cover based space marines.

1. consider yourself lucky, then, because having to hold down shift the entire time was never an issue untill now, even if you let off it, you could still slide dash.  And if you're flattening your pinky finger, that means you have less desterity when manuevering the wasd keys.  It's still an awkward position that this change has just made more awkward.

2. people are whining because slide dashing was one of the few things that let them keep up with ash and loki frames when they decided to rush.  I'm in a Rhino, the slowest frame, and every time I've run fossa, I've been left behind to fight my way up to the boss solo, since the majority of frames I see are rushing.  Kind of funny now that they have to wait for me to get the boss fight started, but imagine doing any other assassination mission?  you'ld have lokis and ashes rushing to the boss, killing them, grabbing the rewards, and rushing to extraction while you're still working your way to the boss.  9 times out of 10, 2 or more of them hit extraction and start the minute countdown, so you miss out on any boss rewards.  this change is only hurting the slower frames who DON'T try to rush.

3. that, sir, is an exploit and will be patched out, just like slide dashing, if what all these people saying slide dashing was an exploit are to believed.  so enjoy your wall boosting now, because if things keep going the way they are?  it will be removed and probably have a wallrunning cooldown added.  give it a year and we'll be downgraded from space ninjas to cover based space marines.

The most important point I have underlined. I could not have said it better in any way.

Rhino is a tank make a lot of sense that you are last if everybody rush there. If it a easy boss i don't see why you would use a tank anyways.

2. people are whining because slide dashing was one of the few things that let them keep up with ash and loki frames when they decided to rush. 

How is that possible?  How can a slidedashing rhino keep up to a loki that is slide dashing literally twice as fast?

This is my point.  Loki and Ash?  They can no longer slide dash just like we, in the slower frames can't. I main Saryn, and while not the slowest, she's still significantly slower than the ninja rushers. As such, I have to use her derpy-&#! looking hemlock helmet to keep up most of the time.

The whole slidedash/wavedash/walljumpdash thing comes down to the Devs.  They have stated that they don't want the players to just be able to macro themselves through a level at ridiculous speeds ignoring enemies.  It's their game, after all.

The whole "rushing" problem just comes down to the fact that no warframe should have different movement speeds than others at all to begin with. If you want to move fast, then you should have to invest in Marathon, Quick rest, and/or Rush mods to do so. Otherwise all those mods stand to do is allow us to un-cripple the slow frames where the fast frames get to invest actual useful mods into those slots.

Edited by SanguineXIII

Rhino is a tank make a lot of sense that you are last if everybody rush there. If it a easy boss i don't see why you would use a tank anyways.

making frames is a pain in the &#! due to the drop rates, and i picked the Rhino because I like his skill set, and the armor, since i was already being left behind anyway and needed the extra survivability.  not eeryone has 20 bucks to shell out on buying a single new warframe every couple days.

How is that possible?  How can a slidedashing rhino keep up to a loki that is slide dashing literally twice as fast?

This is my point.  Loki and Ash?  They can no longer slide dash just like we, in the slower frames can't. I main Saryn, and while not the slowest, she's still significantly slower than the ninja rushers. As such, I have to use her derpy-&#! looking hemlock helmet to keep up most of the time.

The whole slidedash/wavedash/walljumpdash thing comes down to the Devs.  They have stated that they don't want the players to just be able to macro themselves through a level at ridiculous speeds ignoring enemies.  It's their game, after all.

The whole "rushing" problem just comes down to the fact that no warframe should have different movement speeds than others at all to begin with. If you want to move fast, then you should have to invest in Marathon, Quick rest, and/or Rush mods to do so. Otherwise all those mods stand to do is allow us to un-cripple the slow frames where the fast frames get to invest actual useful mods into those slots.

Slide dashing did catch my rhino up to a slide dashing loki, because the boost from sliding seems to be logrithmic.  the slower you sprint, to more noticable the boost from sliding is.  the faster frames didn't get as much of a boost.  still better then a rhino's, but not by much.  the slide dashing actually helped me keep up with them very, very easily.

Macro?  no, I'm jsut using the default key bindings the game gives me.  the only thing I changed was making left alt toggle crouch in addition to left ctrl hold to crouch, and setting my mouse's thumb buttons to block and melee.  I'm not using any macros, I'm jsut pressing the keybindings the game gave me from the start.  how is that an exploit?

exactly, all this change did was cripple any frame that doesn't have a 1.2 or higher sprint speed.  Everyone else is screwed.  adding the cooldown did not stop rushers at all, it only made them rush more effectively in relation to everyone else.

Edited by CCCM89

So I've tried playing some more since the slide cool down has been implemented.  My opinion remains unchanged, and this is the summary of my findings...

I went from feeling like a badass ....to feeling like a crippled veteran who lost both his legs in a horrific accident.  No offense intended.

Unless these changes are reverted, I imagine I'll find something else to do with my time.  That is all.