Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 8.1.0

[DE]Rebecca

Finaly that infinity sprint is nerfed. I like slide cooldown fix.

Helicopter sliding is one thing. But this is making just normal slides slow too.

Edit: Not only that but this shouldn't have been something addressed in the first place. Did the Grineer phone in asking for a nerf or something? Seems like the only logical explanation seeing as how it's not a PvP game. 

Now without it my frost prime (With almost maxed Rush mind you) barely makes it to the boss, sometimes not even that, only to see him fall. By the time I catch up the others are on their way back. Now this isn't always the case but when it was I could compensate by said slide-dashing/helicopter-sliding. Now I always have a mini heart attack because I'm always just barely making it to extraction.

Even if it wasn't intended it was still a nice and fun bug that gave speed to a game that's meant to.

But that's not even the part I want to complain about. It's the fact they thought this as priority (use as a loose term please) to that of the Dojo resources. I would have much rather them doing something about the ridiculous cost of some of the structures as well as many of the bugs that are still in the game. You realize that the cost for a small hall way and a 4 way connector is basically the same besides it using a little more energy? I know that they know this because they've said it themselves.

So why even touch a feature that wasn't hurting anyone and not on the task at hand? If they had reworked some of the Dojo ON TOP OF "fixing" the slide than I'm sure half of us wouldn't really be complaining. 

Edited by Mogar

Thank you for the update. Some really good stuff there and new fun weapons.

For the people bawling about slide delay - Would you like some cheese with your whine? While this might slow down the gameplay a little bit, it is hardly a gamebreaking issue. You can still use the slide in the way it was intended to. You just can no longer use it to "zorencopter" yourself trough the levels in 25 seconds. While this also affects normal sliding too, it won't make it completely unusable. Really, it is not like it is on a 60 second cooldown. It will just take some time to get used to. Use those sprint mods if you have to. Enjoy the game.

The only part I find a bit disappointing about this patch is that the residual effects for mods and ammo have been disabled. Now I have to mark mods and use in-game chat to get their attention to mods and materials. And I can no longer give them accurate location because if a mod flies off an enemy when I am in melee I have no idea where it would have landed now.

[Addendum] In the raid missions I used to use the top of the artifact silo to take a quick bathroom break/communicate with clannies, but the new mantle animation causes me to jump over the top every time :P

Edited by SoanoS

Slow frames should be slow.

Sliding for 90% of your movement is ridiculous and unrealistic, and the only argument that most of the comments here can come up with is that now they are forced to use a mod feature already in the game instead of an exploit of the movement system.

If you are being left behind then don't play with people that leave their teammates, we don't need features of the game dictated by the fact that some players rush every level they play.

Please do not listen to some just because they complain the loudest.

Thank you for the update. Some really good stuff there and new fun weapons.

For the people bawling about slide delay - Would you like some cheese with your whine? While this might slow down the gameplay a little bit, it is hardly a gamebreaking issue. You can still use the slide in the way it was intended to. You just can no longer use it to "zorencopter" yourself trough the levels in 25 seconds. While this also affects normal sliding too, it won't make it completely unusable. Really, it is not like it is on a 60 second cooldown. It will just take some time to get used to. Use those sprint mods if you have to. Enjoy the game.

The only part I find a bit disappointing about this patch is that the residual effects for mods and ammo have been disabled. Now I have to mark mods and use in-game chat to get their attention to mods and materials. And I can no longer give them accurate location because if a mod flies off an enemy when I am in melee I have no idea where it would have landed now.

[Addendum] In the raid missions I used to use the top of the artifact silo to take a quick bathroom break/communicate with clannies, but the new mantle animation causes me to jump over the top every time :P

You're a @(*()$ idiot. Zorencopter still exists. Spam sliding doesn't.

Also loving how they locked the 8.0.7.1 thread. 

Edited by goozilla

Gamepad didn't get toggle sprint. Aim assist is not working on it either. Also the hacking of gates should be made more clear to the gamepad users, how to do it. And since you can't select mission with gamepad (not to mention mission rewards, or respawn when you die) - it still means you'll have to get to your PC every 3mins. :/

Well people asked for void keys to be easier to get... but now they are WAY to easy to get. 

void keys are nice, but I'd much rather have more consistant drop rates for warframe blueprints.  seriously, two weeks of farming and Iget 12 systems, 6 helmets, and only one chassis for rhino?  there is now why that is normal...

Can the slide cooldown be reverted to where it was before?

I can understand adding it because of macro abuse, but this is rediculous, it's almost not worth sliding anymore- just remove the speed boost in the slide if you are going to nerf the time that you can use it for.

It's like you want to spit on all the people who have learned and gotten better at your game.

Could you at least don't make the void "TOO EASY" to get, just "EASY or MEDIUM" to get will do, review this again, or i can ensure you there will be no one buying your void key packs again, and you will make "us" the one who get it with so much hardwork before, feeling dissapointed with your policy

• Like 4

void keys are nice, but I'd much rather have more consistant drop rates for warframe blueprints.  seriously, two weeks of farming and Iget 12 systems, 6 helmets, and only one chassis for rhino?  there is now why that is normal...

Nah, its normal lol.  Its all based on RNG unfortunately.  You don't want to know how many times I had to kill Sargus Ruk when I farmed up my Ember parts.

But back to the defense mission rewards.  The keys drop so easy right now that is almost makes it hard to get rare mods.  I think they need to take another look and balance out the numbers a little more. 

i like the toggle run because now i can do the Slide Flip Slide move which is my favorite way of traveling and i use it in combat a lot.

but i still prefer the way it was in the first place.

when i don't have to hold the sprint button or toggle it all the time.

I have been seeing a lot of complaints about the Slide nerf.

I have never done/seen this (but I am new).

Perhaps remove it and increase the speed loss on flat ground? Maybe require a bit of wind-up to get enough speed to easily slide far? (Successive slides slide slower and slower without some speed-up time) Put a nerf on the slide attack so that you can go fast, but you aren't doing any damage while you do? Something that rewards the skill, but prevents it from being "!THE!" skill.

I don't know, but it sounds like everyone was speed boating on their colective butts; and that's all kids of FUBAR.

Wall run is fast! (but eats stamina like crazy)

Perhaps keep the nerf but increase base stamina as it doesn't need to be so low to compensate for boating?

Again I don't know.

But! I do know that devs hate 'It no work' and 'fix it'.

I think less of that; more here are some ideas that might be better.

Edit: Perhaps initiating a slide eats crazy stamina? Can slide a few times in quick succession; just not ALL the time? Or can slide all you want with a fast recharger mod? (get your speed, but you paid for it)

Edited by Achronus