The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Collecting Data On Recent Focus Earning Changes (Unofficial)

Yaerion

Question

As explained here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/608673-hotfix-18410-tactial-alert-divine-will/

blah blah Convergence x6 Blah Blah Focus also earned by radial & allies kills in range blah blah.

(Yeah, this is my selective memory ^^).

To be concise, before the hotfix: I was able to complete my daily Focus on 3 runs of Triton (Neptune) (2 until ~1700 Cryotic, and one until ~1000. It was already time consuming, but...

Now I barely earn 20.000Focus for 2000Cryotic within the same mission. Which means I should farm Triton until 2000Cryotic 5 times a day, which I can't afford.

After that, I decided to try a Draco to see if the affinity was shared. As a reference, I was able to get ~30.000Focus on Draco (4rounds) with Ember, so I expected to gain at least the same (if not a lot more) thanks to the focus sharing AND Convergence.

Results? I got 5.000Focus (and was collecting all the Convergence items).

So is it me or the affinity is not earned at all from the allies?

Is it me or the Focus earned are now even lower than before for the same amount of kills?

I'm quite depressed by these changes, cause as a moderator and IRL reasons I cannot afford all this farm, and I was expecting a huge release in my daily schedule with these new features (because the previous farm was already really heavy on my shoulders with all the obligations). This kinda totally breaks my mood. And will probably ruin my pleasure to log into the game for the weeks incoming.

So I come here as a petty player (nothing official or Community Moderator related) to ask about your experience on these changes, and eventually get your explanations on something I might have missed.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's the Corpus.

:/

I just want to be sure that it's not just me before providing DE a proper Feedback or Bug Report.

Thanks for sharing your data, Tenno!

8 answers to this question

To affinity-to-Focus conversion rates are reduced by 75% 

Its now only 1.25 % for Normal and 1.75% for Greater lenses, used to be 5% and 7%

So... the '6x' increase is in actuality a 1.5x boost of what it used to be.

Overall it takes twice as long as it used to reach my daily Focus caps (accounting for the 25k increase in Focus cap as well)

Edited by Neah

Wow, I came here half-expecting a Mod to try be backing up DE and saying "No no this is good, keep it", Glad Im wrong..Now onto topic:

Yes, the Shared Affinity is broken & Yes, Focus got a massive Nerf, to how you gain it, this "Update" is mere to nothing, there is no sharing involved and from where I stand, even the Drop thingy, is not shared.

So, while all in respect of peoples choices, I can really think, that this update is mere a middle finger, or a path thats going into somewhat I can only Fear of, I come from PWE, so you should kown, what Im fearing right now.

Your actions have consequences, but I guess the Stalker was right all along.

YOUR TENNO POWERS ARE USELESS!

(Sorry had to)

Also, Year?, I'm unsure how long you been with us, and regardless, its wonderful to have you, However I whuold just like to point out, that the longer you stay here, the more dispointed your going to get, its kinder no-brianer now, how DE is going into things. While I don't like to Tell-Tale, all of whats being going on, lately, I can only assume the worse.

Edited by LegionCynex