The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, Someone Tell Me How The Heck To Use Nova. :p

(XBOX)XxxXnoodleXxxX

Question

18 answers to this question

M. Prime effect range scales on duration, blast range scales on range. I would recommend building duration/efficiency, then build your strength based on what speed you want enemies to be. The blast doesn't matter past low levels, so I would disregard it. What is important is the 2x damage buff and the speed adjustment.

Antimatter Drop slows down when you aim down sights at it, making it easier to pump damage into. It's kind of awkward to use though. It works pretty well in just about any build.

Edited by egregiousRac

Molecular Prime's "range" is based on duration, not range. The sphere moves outward at a constant rate for X amount of time before it stops. Thus duration makes it go out longer and hit a larger area. Range mods just increase the size of the explosions created by enemies dying.

Generally the idea is to press 4 and then shoot all the glowing things. She's pretty straightforward.

AMD require you to shoot the orbs that float about.

When you say you have a ton of both duration and efficiency, are you running both Narrow Minded and Fleeting Expertise by chance?

Edit: If your Nova is at 30, there should be considerable range on her MP.

Edited by SurrealEdge

I actually have a ton of Power Duration and Power Efficiency. But I have no idea how to use AMD and again, MPs range still seems to suck with all this duration. Are bows crap on her?

Give us the value of your duration. Is MP at R3 already?

I can cover the whole T4 Int map with my nova's m Prime.

Rakta Cernos is nice on her. The radial effect plus quick draws work well with MPed enemies.

Ahhhhh I think I know the problem... So as for AMD any suggestions for weapons to use for it? Paris Prime? Boltor Prime? Braton Prime? Burston Prime? Grinlok? Lex Prime? o.o

I personally use the Tigris to charge up the drop. Also, note that the increased damage from critical hits will not affect the drop -- since bows and sniper rifles rely on critical hits for their high damage, I'd avoid those if you're looking to charge AMD.

Edited by Stefe

I personally use the Tigris to charge up the drop. Also, note that the increased damage from critical hits will not affect the drop -- since bows and sniper rifles rely on critical hits for their high damage, I'd avoid those if you're looking to charge AMD.

So probably stuff with fast fire rate and multishot? My Lex Prime is a multishot build, would that be good for charging AMD?

So probably stuff with fast fire rate and multishot? My Lex Prime is a multishot build, would that be good for charging AMD?

If that's the firearm with the highest amount of non-crit damage you've got, then yeah that'll work.

Speaking of antimatter drop, the augment is nice boost to it's effectiveness. Not really because enemy damage boosts its damage but because the absorption zone around the drop acts as a sizable bullet shield.

In case you didn't know this yet, antimatter drop tries to move to the point on the terrain your reticule is aiming at so it can be controlled.

It detonates when hitting terrain or enemies when used this way.

Maybe a more experienced nova player can elaborate on this, I too found this skill hard to use effectively.

You can use multiple AD at once, MP I mostly used for slow cause it can be air cast (silly?). The problem starts when AD don't absorb critical hit so make the weapon choice on AD build is neat. Maxed cap I hit with soma prime + augment mod is 77983 radiation damage and be able to one shot bombard level 40 with that. With augment you can block a hallway effectively. And the duration not only effectively increase range but also how long the wave will stay (on my nova about 3-4 seconds after it gone max range), so it can be seen as an slow-chaos sphere; but I'm not sure about this though.

Speaking of antimatter drop, the augment is nice boost to it's effectiveness. Not really because enemy damage boosts its damage but because the absorption zone around the drop acts as a sizable bullet shield.

In case you didn't know this yet, antimatter drop tries to move to the point on the terrain your reticule is aiming at so it can be controlled.

It detonates when hitting terrain or enemies when used this way.

Maybe a more experienced nova player can elaborate on this, I too found this skill hard to use effectively.

Yeah and it moves slower if you're looking directly at it. Just wish it was a bit easier to control D:

Nova is a bit challenging to mod effectively. MP range is dependent on duration, but blast radius is dependent on power--and is ultimately not what you're really looking for. What you're after is the slow effect and increased vulnerability of the target. The slow effect IS dependent on power and has a cap.

AMD is...tricky to use well. It's mostly about power (boom!) and range affects its blast radius. To some degree it works at cross purposes to MP. It can be charged with your own weapon (I like the BurstonP on NovaP), or you can use the syndicate augment and turn the enemies fire against them (unless it's infested). This works and works pretty well, but the ball itself is seriously funky to control and can rapidly get you into trouble if your teammates aren't covering you.

The other two are QoL or utility abilities and can be ignored for all practical purposes.

Your balancing act will be getting enough power to max the slow effect, getting as much duration as possible, and still try to retain some efficiency if you don't have a pocket Trinity or Zenurik focus.

Was never sure about AMD, since it had a relatively large range to begin with.

You'd frequently be using it with MP, so it was hard to say who was blowing what up.

I mostly quit using it later on since it was costing survivability mod slot for dubious return and Nova has some issues in that department.

Sancti Tigris plus her AMB, and molecular prime

Max power strength, 

prime all enemies, use AMB, shoot it like 2 times with the tigris

and you can sometimes do 1 - 2 million damage

i got it up to 1.5 million

its fun

her first power is kind of pointless sometimes, maybe good vs low level enemies

but mostly Duration is her key strength

equaling it out to have Molecular prime at 75% slow and give yourself enough duration

it can be pretty awesome