Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Has Been Working On Smoke Physics

LifeNine

I checked Steve's Twitter today and saw some very nice smoke physics he's been working on. The link to what I'm talking about is below. Go check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Hopefully this won't impact performance too bad. I can see this being very useful in selling the whole ship is on fire missions or the upcoming sabotage 2.0 missions.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/697820985467211776

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/690343901589299202

It's still a nice tweak regardless.

They will eventually get to other problems. Some specific ones probably don't get noticed because the forums isn't the most unified place exactly. If a lot of players actually made the effort to read and upvote a thread they like instead of just viewing it, DE may become aware of the issues sooner.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

oh wow! DO WANT!

Damn that's really cool.

inb4 everyone shows up that says "They should be working on fixes for xyz not making stupid smoke FX" 

For these guys I'd like to point out that there are different people working on different things within the company. The guy working on the FX can't fix problem xyz even if he wanted to, okay. 

Edited by Leahzar

oh wow! DO WANT!

Damn that's really cool.

inb4 everyone shows up that says "They should be working on fixes for xyz not making stupid smoke FX" 

For these guys I'd like to point out that there are different people working on different things within the company. The guy working on the FX can't fix problem xyz even if he wanted to, okay. 

That's too hard to comprehend.

I'd like to see new stuffs, not only fixing, but it seems like DE more concerns about visual part of warframe, at least you can see it from steve posts. I'd would like to see more ingame changes, like their intention of "Reducing of grind" which only get worse with every new update and introduced resource

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

I'd like to see new stuffs, not only fixing, but it seems like DE more concerns about visual part of warframe, at least you can see it from steve posts. I'd would like to see more ingame changes, like their intention of "Reducing of grind" which only get worse with every new update and introduced resource

... The heck?

He shows us visual effects because he wants to keep the good stuff for an official devstream, Idk about you but they're working on lots of things at a time.

Focus, quests, enemies, etc.

My god I swear this community is little too spoilt when they don't get what they want quickly enough.

It's still a nice tweak regardless.

They will eventually get to other problems. Some specific ones probably don't get noticed because the forums isn't the most unified place exactly. If a lot of players actually made the effort to read and upvote a thread they like instead of just viewing it, DE may become aware of the issues sooner.

DE receive tons of feedback about nullifiers, grind increased and such stuff, huge vulklok threads etc etc something changes? Last time they changing something fast is was with trin acces cosmetic pack, coz ppl just boycott it and DE surprisingly want money, so they fix it. They fix some exploits and stuff that can reduce grind in a speed if light, but some huge problems here for like more than a year untouched.

So because one member of DE is posting about one thing at this point in time, that means the entire team only cares about that?

When you figure out how development works, let me know.

Why would it? Doesn't even have an impact on performance, Steve says that in his tweets.

It being still in testing means it could change a lot in time and I doubt he was testing it on a potato.

I recall when they improved the particle effects of AMD cards for a few weeks but it got nerfed although I didn't really have any performance issues even when spamming.

So because one member of DE is posting about one thing at this point in time, that means the entire team only cares about that?

When you figure out how development works, let me know.

Do you have a time in warframe to just sit and see if a smoke being affected by your actions? Cuz i don't, and majority of players don't ether, cuz they bullet jumping around the places like mad. This is so insignificant and yet steve waste his time on it-yeah, it's bothers me, and no, steve isn't just one random member of DE, he one of a few people who actually lead the team, decide what direction warframe take. I want at least a dedicated dojo servers, let aside actual ingame not a smoke physics, and when last time DE talks or post a tweets about those? And ye, they maybe they work on it, then i want a tweat like-"hey dudes, we make a progress about dedicated servers, there some stats and graphics" not a "Check out this cool smoke"

Edited by Hekovashi

It being still in testing means it could change a lot in time and I doubt he was testing it on a potato.

I recall when they improved the particle effects of AMD cards for a few weeks but it got nerfed although I didn't really have any performance issues even when spamming.

He is very clear on it not impacting performance on low end machines. This isn't as complex as you're thinking it will be.

He is very clear on it not impacting performance on low end machines. This isn't as complex as you're thinking it will be.

I'm just saiyan.

If you ran all the latest tech, shooting one barrel and causing an explosion it shouldn't even effect frame rate at all. That could/would happen on a desktop running windows 97 though. And DE has nerfed tons of visual effects to support weaker laptops but they could have also added visual sliders.

Many things are being worked on behind the scenes. The stuff that goes on Twitter and other social media is mainly eye candy or major release information to get people excited. Spamming people with pointless information like, "We fixed bug#1234" or "Nailed bug#abcd" is boring and not useful to the masses.

Also, if you actually looked at the links, you will see that Steve is saying that Grandmaster J has been the one who is really driving this forward. Steve may not even be directly involved for all I know, but this just popped up on his Twitter, which means he probably has his hand in it a little bit, among other things.

If you want to talk about in game changes to mechanics and such, join a feedback thread that is actually relevant to what you're saying or create your own and post there. I see no reason for you to complain here.

Many things are being worked on behind the scenes. The stuff that goes on Twitter and other social media is mainly eye candy or major release information to get people excited. Spamming people with pointless information like, "We fixed bug#1234" or "Nailed bug#abcd" is boring and not useful to the masses.

Also, if you actually looked at the links, you will see that Steve is saying that Grandmaster J has been the one who is really driving this forward. Steve may not even be directly involved for all I know, but this just popped up on his Twitter, which means he probably has his hand in it a little bit, among other things.

If you want to talk about in game changes to mechanics and such, join a feedback thread that is actually relevant to what you're saying or create your own and post there. I see no reason for you to complain here.

All needed topics already was created, there already exist all feedback that was necessary about anything that good or bad, If de want to ignore something-they will. Dude start a topic about new smoke and i said mine opinion why it's bother me, don't see any reason to not do so. Maybe you want like a 4 pages of "Wow what a cool smoke!" or "Such smoke, much want"? Not gonna happen