The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it true blade storm getting nerf?

Guan728

Question

Hello, new player here... I wanted to ask is bladestorm getting nerfed?

Just bought Ash Prime and full set Trickery don't want them to get wasted ;'(

Here are the source of which i heard of the rumor, which are from 2 comments on wiki

Spoiler

You guys also realised that they mentioned that Ash's Blade Storm was gonna receive a rework anyways, right? As far as I know, they said something about his taking out his arm blades, and sending out his shadows/illusions, kind of like atlas's ultimate. I think it's a mix of Excalibur's Ulti (I say excalibur because parry and all, but it has no range attack I think?) and Atlas's Ulti. Either way, even if I was wrong, they ARE reworking Ash's Ultimate.

Anonymous. "Ash/Prime." WARFRAME Wiki. Web. 29 Feb. 2016.

Spoiler

so when is bladestorm getting reworked? U20?

Anonymous. "Ash/Prime." WARFRAME Wiki. Web. 29 Feb. 2016.

23 answers to this question

We don't know if it's getting nerf'd atm as the last we heard anything from DE in regards to this was last year on DEsteve's twitter...

By the sounds of it, the goal is to make Ash's Ult more passive rather than being locked in Bladestorm's animation. But we don't know how these changes will affect Bladestorm's mechanics until we get more info.

Those are some very poor sources

the only thing they said is that bladestorm might be getting a rework so that its more interactive (it was in one of the devstreams, January/pre-christmas time I think)

we dont have any information on really what this change will hold as it was just a fleeting comment by the devs (like most things)

I wouldn't be surprised if they completely forgot about reworking it, or just left it as it is because they found it to actually be balanced for whatever reason (it isn't exactly overpowered imo, but yes it is just a 4 spam).

But, no, change does not equal nerf, not until we fully field test any changes made to see how it runs and if it is, overall, better or worse than the original.

Edited by R34LM

2 minutes ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

I think by nerf, you mean that you actually need to use brain cells to use the ability, right?

Ash is friendly to use, especially to newer player like me. Once I accumulate enough experience, I would definitely try out other frames :)

7 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

why do you call it a nerf when its a change?, and even if its true the stats behind it is unknown so it not possible to compare them stats wise.

I agree I've used a poor choice of word, but yeah, you get the gist of it.

5 minutes ago, Anatolius said:

Those are some very poor sources

the only thing they said is that bladestorm might be getting a rework so that its more interactive (it was in one of the devstreams, January/pre-christmas time I think)

we dont have any information on really what this change will hold as it was just a fleeting comment by the devs (like most things)

Finally someone answering the question, thank you! 

It's hard to say what is going to happen. If they make it a channeled ability then it would be a nerf since max power strength builds won't really be viable anymore or max range with high power strength. Mainly because a lot of those builds forgo duration all together and many players rely on arcane trickeries instead of smoke screen. On the other hand If they make it scale off of melee mods it could potentially be a buff in the damage department though. 

We still have to see what is going to happen, last they spoke about it in the Devstream they said it would be a channeled ability that makes you "throw your clones" at enemies. They haven't elaborated on it since then so we know nothing on what it's happening. 

Mesa WAS actually nerfed. Saryn is better now than she was before.

Besides, based on the info we have from the january streams, they decided to rework Volt and Mag before Ash and Banshee. So yeah, it might take a while.

Edited by radthezero

Removing the rapid camera switch because it is somewhat of an eyesore and takes you out of the action for 2-8 seconds.

If anything, it's gonna be somewhat of a buff if Ash is allowed to continue moving as his shadow doubles perform the killing, allowing you to continue attacking and/or chasing after your (capture) target. It's one of the problems Bladestorm currently highlights - you start it on a capture target, and then you're locked into that animation while they're running off.

13 minutes ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

You fell right into the trap that one.

Learn to play.

I actually have never played Saryn, I just keep hearing people complain about it. Doesn't she use like five times the energy she used to use for the same amount of damage? Seems like a nerf to me.

Edited by (PS4)imasharkpewpew
Better wording.

Bladestorm is getting reworked...

Now that isn't necessarily a nerf, however it very well could be. Remind you Ember, Excal's rework turned them into powerhouses and were huge buffs to the frame; meanwhile Saryn and Mesa reworks turned out to be nerfs.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)imasharkpewpew said:

I actually have never played Saryn, I just keep hearing people complain about it. Doesn't she use like five times the energy she used to use for the same amount of damage? Seems like a nerf to me.

maybe because the changes that they made on mesa and saryn aren't nerf.. they give u much intresting content and playability and u guys still calling it a nerf.. oh boy

1 hour ago, (PS4)imasharkpewpew said:

You act like Saryn didn't have that exact thing happen to her, or do I also need to mention Mesa?

sigh*

Saryn got buffed, it was her ult that got nerfed out of it`s P42W, now it needs other powers to do same or more than before

Mesa is the exact same, more dmg, needs aim, and anyway her ult is her weakest spot, I use her as a melee tank

2 hours ago, ClinkzEastwood said:

>Be a rework, call it a nerf anyway.

Warframe playerbase in a nutshell.

xgGopxZ.png

now my post, Ash is broken AF as he is, even if the "rework" is a masked nerf, I can understand why (mind you I still would hate) and clearly, all reworks were buffs so far, so we`ll just have to wait and see

the way I imagine it (or at least hope), releasing 2 clones to do them badass finishers while u use the blades to do your own finishers

Edited by Bizzaro21