Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any f2p games like Warframe?

topshrek

Been playing a decent amount of time (MR 6) but my laptop is just too crappy to continue playing this game. Have to cap FPS at 30 because it only goes up to like 45 and drops to like 20 in bad areas like earth or corpus ice planet. specific effects like the Mutilist Osprey poison trail and waterfalls tank my FPS.  Can't do hard missions because the frames drop too much (like less than 20) when there are too many enemies on screen so I can only play missions where I can insta kill enemies. Also the game looks like complete garbage on absolute lowest settings. Any other games like this one?

Hmm, not any old games that i know of, The Division closely resembles Warframe in how it works but in modern days and without the close quarter combat and super parkour...If you want a nice close quarter combat game that is easy to play but hard to master i suggest Dark Souls series. would be a nice start since Dark Souls 3 starts soon.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time running it, thought I'm surprised since my old laptop was a mechanical potato and ran Warframe just fine. Anyways, I'd recommend sticking around for just a few days more, because allegedly 18.5 is bringing notable performance enhancements - who knows, the game might clear up a bit on your end? If the game hasn't improved for you after the update (and hotfixes) have come, then happy trails to you in your quest for games! I used to play a lot of Planetside 2 with friends as a game to play while taking breaks from Warframe, and I highly recommend giving it a try if you're still looking for that vibe.

So...first, let's see if we can't help you perhaps by understanding the model of your computer and what hardware it has. Then we may be able to make suggestions on what settings to apply to the game to make it work better. 

I'm sure you've done the basic things like turn off PhysX particles, weapon elemental effects, bloom, ambient occlusion , and shadows. In my personal experience I've also had changing the window setting to Borderless Fullscreen make a substantial difference for whatever reason when all the other changes I made weren't enough.

I hope so. I quit playing over a year ago and before I did I was getting better performance on a much crappier laptop. Old laptop was a dual core celeron at 1.7 GHz with 4GB RAM. The one I have now is quad core Intel i7 2670qm at 2.2 GHz with 6GB RAM. On paper it should be running MUCH better, and it does for all other games I play. went from 30fps on lowest on league of legends to over 100 on highest when I got my current laptop.

6 minutes ago, Xcedis said:

So...first, let's see if we can't help you perhaps by understanding the model of your computer and what hardware it has. Then we may be able to make suggestions on what settings to apply to the game to make it work better. 

I'm sure you've done the basic things like turn off PhysX particles, weapon elemental effects, bloom, ambient occlusion , and shadows. In my personal experience I've also had changing the window setting to Borderless Fullscreen make a substantial difference for whatever reason when all the other changes I made weren't enough.

I have done literally everything from every guide. Turned settings to absolute lowest. Unparked CPU cores, Use gamebooster to shut off everything, including the desktop. High performance power settings, and change the resolution (to as low as I can tolerate). I even turned FOV as low as it goes.

3 minutes ago, topshrek said:

I hope so. I quit playing over a year ago and before I did I was getting better performance on a much crappier laptop. Old laptop was a dual core celeron at 1.7 GHz with 4GB RAM. The one I have now is quad core Intel i7 2670qm at 2.2 GHz with 6GB RAM. On paper it should be running MUCH better, and it does for all other games I play. went from 30fps on lowest on league of legends to over 100 on highest when I got my current laptop.

Certainly sounds like it, and it probably will receive a substantial boost from the optimizations to come soon, but if I may prod you some more, what GFX card model do you have?

Just now, Xcedis said:

Certainly sounds like it, and it probably will receive a substantial boost from the optimizations to come soon, but if I may prod you some more, what GFX card model do you have?

dont have one. it is just regular old Intel HD integrated crap.

Sounds like the exact same thing that I have on my laptop, i7 quad, 6Gb Ram, and Intel Graphics.

Warframe runs pretty well for me. Although it's usually in the 25-40FPS range, but that doesn't really bother me too much. Have you tried checking if anything else is running in the background with your Task Manager? Maybe an antivirus doing a scan or the system doing some other maintenance tasks?

1 minute ago, Maicael said:

Sounds like the exact same thing that I have on my laptop, i7 quad, 6Gb Ram, and Intel Graphics.

Warframe runs pretty well for me. Although it's usually in the 25-40FPS range, but that doesn't really bother me too much. Have you tried checking if anything else is running in the background with your Task Manager? Maybe an antivirus doing a scan or the system doing some other maintenance tasks?

I close literally everything. even use game booster to disable the desktop and all the other processes I don't need.

1 minute ago, topshrek said:

Intel HD 3000

That is fairly old i'm afraid, this is a video of something testing your integrated gpu series on warframe,i can see a bit of stuttering and i can't imagine how it will run in intense areas, if i were to make a suggestion, you probably have room in your laptop for a mobile gpu, might be worth investing in one if you power source can take it.

52 minutes ago, topshrek said:

Been playing a decent amount of time (MR 6) but my laptop is just too crappy to continue playing this game. Have to cap FPS at 30 because it only goes up to like 45 and drops to like 20 in bad areas like earth or corpus ice planet. specific effects like the Mutilist Osprey poison trail and waterfalls tank my FPS.  Can't do hard missions because the frames drop too much (like less than 20) when there are too many enemies on screen so I can only play missions where I can insta kill enemies. Also the game looks like complete garbage on absolute lowest settings. Any other games like this one?

There aren't any other free to play games like Warframe. In fact, I don't think there really are any games at all like Warframe. There are some that share aspects but none that are like cousins.

Paragon. It's not out yet, but I did played the.closed alpha. I usually dispices MOBAS, but I've played closed alpha and daynum it's freaking awesome. The graphics run Ureal 4 and gameplay felt like no S#&$ty Lol, it actually felt like I was playing the game

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer shares some similarities with Warframe - but Adun is probably right, Warframe isn't a 'run of the mill' game. it shares features with a lot of very different games.

some suggestions:

X9XuYn6.png

make sure Multi-Threading is on. though if it is on, it can't hurt to try turning it off to see if you're the 1% that doesn't get a performance increase from it.
switch between DirectX 11 and DirectX 9 (disabling both 10/11, i know, that makes no sense and it should be Radio buttons to select 9/10/11 but it is how it is) and see which one works better for you.

did your previous notebook happen to have a Discrete GPU instead of Integrated?

1 minute ago, BlazerEraser said:

you probably have room in your laptop for a mobile gpu

Notebooks are not made to have empty space inside of them unless you're getting into the premium, hardcore stuff. which his notebook absolutely is not.
i guarantee the only open space inside of that notebook is airflow channels.

Just now, Ibro156 said:

Paragon. It's not out yet, but I did played the.closed alpha. I usually dispices MOBAS, but I've played closed alpha and daynum it's freaking awesome.

but that's a MOBA and therefore nothing like Warframe? *shrugs*

On topic...

I can't think of any games actually like Warframe.  The closest things I can come up with are Zombies Monsters Robots (more like a "Gears of War online" though,)  Vindictus, but it's pretty much strictly hack n' slash and featuring some the greatest looking armor I've ever seen in a fantasy themed game, and Phantasy Star Online 2 (though there is no local support for this one.)

Otherwise, you're stuck with Warframe, because there's really nothing like Warframe out there.

I'm actually surprised to see a game like Warframe to have both decent graphics and efficient physics engine compared to overrated games that are instilled with Unreal or Crytech engines.

Knowing Evolution Engine is a start-from-scratch, independent program that grows around this game, it is supposed to be more laggy and buggy than I expected. I was wholly wrong.

Now, the engine gets new upgrades to surpass itself once again, that I'm willing to play on Warframe when it comes.