The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance post 18.5

eyeopener

1 hour ago, Eudaimonium said:

What's your hardware configuration, and what are your in-game settings setup like?

Also, since when is it unplayable with large hordes, since 18.5 or longer?

XFX Radeon R9 280x (driver :15.12 (updated today after issues restarted))

Windows 7 with 16GB of DDR3 1866.

Gagabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-core 3.5GHz (4.1 GHz turbo) processor

WD 1TB black drive.

Became unplayable after the last update yesterday.  Although this morning was fine, the afternoon, everything sucked again. Not sure why.

Edited by archmon1

5 minutes ago, archmon1 said:

XFX Radeon R9 280x (driver :15.12 (updated today after issues restarted))

Windows 7 with 16GB of DDR3 1866.

Gagabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-core 3.5GHz (4.1 GHz turbo) processor

WD 1TB black drive.

Became unplayable after the last update yesterday.  Although this morning was fine, the afternoon, everything sucked again. Not sure why.

Quick google tells me your GPU is roughly equivalent to GTX 770, you should be able to play with everything fully maxed without dipping below 60FPS on any normal resolutions.

Three ideas:
1) Make sure to turn off PhysX

2) Another user reported serious performance issues due to some background process updater, possibly hogging up net bandwidth. Try turning off all unneeded background processes

3) While the game is running, alt-tab out, run Task manager, find warframe's exe in processes, hit Right Click -> Set Affinity; How many checkboxes are ticked? By default, it should be all.

I had weird issue with another unrelated game where, for some reason, it defaulted to an affinity of only 1 out of 8 CPU cores, resulting in horrible performance (15-20 FPS with several characters on screen). Alt-tabbing out and setting affinity to all CPU cores instantly raised performance to 60FPS flat.

4 minutes ago, Eudaimonium said:

Quick google tells me your GPU is roughly equivalent to GTX 770, you should be able to play with everything fully maxed without dipping below 60FPS on any normal resolutions.

Three ideas:
1) Make sure to turn off PhysX

2) Another user reported serious performance issues due to some background process updater, possibly hogging up net bandwidth. Try turning off all unneeded background processes

3) While the game is running, alt-tab out, run Task manager, find warframe's exe in processes, hit Right Click -> Set Affinity; How many checkboxes are ticked? By default, it should be all.

I had weird issue with another unrelated game where, for some reason, it defaulted to an affinity of only 1 out of 8 CPU cores, resulting in horrible performance (15-20 FPS with several characters on screen). Alt-tabbing out and setting affinity to all CPU cores instantly raised performance to 60FPS flat.

Only running steam (game is installed though steam) and teamspeak (no issues before update).  affinity is set to all.  and on the display tab, mode is fullscreen, 1280x720, 60hz, auto, auto, no limit, brightness contrast field of view all the way to the left, PhysX disabled (can't change it), runtime tesselation off, local reflections off, blur reflections off, high dynamic range off, adaptive exposure off, glare off, ambient occlusion off, high shader quality (can't turn off, comes back on), particle system quality med, geometry details med, shadow quality med, texture memory med, anisotropic filtering 4x, trilinear filtering default, anti-aliasing high(smaa), depth of field off, bloom off, color correction on, dynamic lighting off, character shadows off, constant weapon trail off, weapon elemental FX off.

Can definitely confirm a faster internet connection helps me.

At home I have extremely limited bandwidth. FPS is under 10 at home.

If I go to starbucks where they have google fiber. I get solid 60 FPS due to the extreme bandwidth.

Has to be internet related at least for me, but still this never used to happen before the update.

18 minutes ago, Old.Gregg said:

If I go to starbucks where they have google fiber. I get solid 60 FPS due to the extreme bandwidth.

Has to be internet related at least for me, but still this never used to happen before the update.

I may be on dsl, but I can say that before the update was NO ISSUES, now many. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5143607743

My guess is when the servers are under heavy load is when it happens.

ever since that last update, i've been having MAJOR game issues. textures not loading properly, falling through elevators, bridges, falling through map, not seeing what's in front of me, cause textures don't load at all and when they do, it's frequently like this: http://imgur.com/a/WtncM

not to mention, my fps dropped A LOT ever since... i wish they'd just enable us, low end users, to revert back to old graphics, because this is just horrible. can ANYONE please help me with this? i tried reinstalling, enabling/disabling various stuff and nothing is helping.

Since the update I'm getting bad stuttering in fps and audio. I have everything on low settings. I did a verify for the game cache, optimize nothing helped. In a horde mission the game is as good as unplayable.

Edit: I just updated my graphics driver. Made no difference as well.

Edited by kubbi

1 hour ago, Lumeh said:

ever since that last update, i've been having MAJOR game issues. textures not loading properly, falling through elevators, bridges, falling through map, not seeing what's in front of me, cause textures don't load at all and when they do, it's frequently like this: http://imgur.com/a/WtncM

not to mention, my fps dropped A LOT ever since... i wish they'd just enable us, low end users, to revert back to old graphics, because this is just horrible. can ANYONE please help me with this? i tried reinstalling, enabling/disabling various stuff and nothing is helping.

In the Warframe launcher, click the gear icon in the upper-right and click the Verify button.

DO NOT DO A STEAM VERIFY.

35 minutes ago, Rydian said:

In the Warframe launcher, click the gear icon in the upper-right and click the Verify button.

Already tried that. No Effect on the fps lag, as for the textures, I'm not sure. 

Edited by archmon1

57 minutes ago, Rydian said:

tried it, didn't fix that S#&$ on my screen. as for the rest, i simply alt+f4'd immediately after seeing that, so i can't tell

I just tried to play the game for the first time after the update. My FPS which is consistently 50-60 is now dropping down to 4-15 in mission. It is literally unplayable. I recorded a short video but didn't realise it didn't capture the FPS counter:

**Edit:

The audio is quiet because I didn't boost the volume in my recording software (sorry), but I just saw other people mention the stuttering audio and I'm definitely having that problem as well.

Edited by MochaNeko
Providing additional info

8 minutes ago, MochaNeko said:

I just tried to play the game for the first time after the update. My FPS which is consistently 50-60 is now dropping down to 4-15 in mission. It is literally unplayable. I recorded a short video but didn't realise it didn't capture the FPS counter:

**Edit:

The audio is quiet because I didn't boost the volume in my recording software (sorry), but I just saw other people mention the stuttering audio and I'm definitely having that problem as well.

I just found this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/48zf8a/horrible_lag_185_patch/

I tried on a long shot to turn off my master volume and, lo and behold, suddenly my FPS is completely fine and my game is working as smooth as ever.

What the heck??

I'm having the same issue here. Before the update 18.5 I was at 90-130 fps but since the update I'm getting about 30-40 fps and my hardware is still the same It started right after the update that took me 35 min to download and install. As soon as I started a mission I noticed that my frame rate was at a all time low I thought it might be because of the updated files so I closed the game and restarted my PC, it didn't work at all still max of 43 fps so in light of my problem  here's what I tried:

1. Changed my specs to low turned bloom, bepth of field, glare and high shadowing off. restarted game and nothing still low fps

2. Cleared game cache, restarted PC still nothing

3. Opened my PC cleaned it and left it to rest for a 12 hours. No changes to the fps in game

4. Reinstalled the drivers on my PC, restarted it and when I opened the game and jumped on a mission there was my 40 something fps to hunt me.

5. Uninstalled the game, used regedit to clear cache and any data left behind,restarted my PC reinstalled the game, restarted my PC again jumped in game and no changes what soever.

Here are my PC specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core (N3540) Processor with 2.1 GHz per core

Nvidia Geforce 820  with 1 Gb of graphic memory

Windows 8.1 x64

4 Gb of DDR3 ram 

HDD 500 Gb by Samsung( dunno model)

Realtek HD audio

I run the game in windowed mode with Directx 10 and 11 running. Game Setings are usually at medium without any frame rate drops.

Right now it's impossible to play the game and enjoy it, so please DE fix this. The game looks awesome now and I should say that in the ship everything seems much more fluid than it was. Also sometimes the frame rate is not so bad and I can play in solo(sometimes). But still is far from what It used to be. 

Thank you for your time.

P.S. some of my fellow clan mates are reporting the same issue same for some people in Region chat.

P.S.S Ok this is strange I followed the post by MochaNeko and turned off my Master volume and surprise the game is running smooth. Don't know what to make of that but try it. Like I sayed I saw the post, jumped in game turned Master Volume all the way down and tried doing Draco and I was surprised to see that with 4 people and after 2 waves no frame drop what soever. I just didn't do more waves because of new hotfix 18.5.3.

Edited by 420thstar
found a "fix". Seems important

Hey everyone, we've just released another hotfix (18.5.3). Once again we hope that this will further alleviate performance issues related to physics. 
When you get a moment please re-enable 64-bit and let us know if you see an improvement.

Thanks.

What is rather odd to me is that with all options on high/turned on before and after 18.5 I had around 30fps.  I have not experienced any real issues since the update and everything has been playing fine.  When I turn everything down to low/off, I get around 50fps consistently.

My pc specs:

Spoiler

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: M68MT-S2P
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 700e Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
          Page File: 4561MB used, 11817MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Spoiler

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6570
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6759)
           DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6759&SUBSYS_909E1B0A&REV_00
     Display Memory: 751 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1008 MB
      Shared Memory: 3839 MB
       Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: E17T6W
         Monitor Id: EMA06B4
        Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (60.016Hz)
        Output Type: HD15
        Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1404 (English)
     Driver Version: 15.200.1062.1004
        DDI Version: 11
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2015 01:28:34, 1445224 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Definitely not the greatest gaming computer of all time, but seems to do just fine even with the new update.  Also I have my pagefile (virtual RAM) on a second physical drive instead of C, if that matters at all.

edit: Also have 64bit, Dx10 and Dx11 turned on in launcher settings.

Edited by Xekrin

4 hours ago, Rydian said:

I kept doing steam verification before and yeah it's crazy. Thanks for the advice, I'll stay the **** away from that now.

Spent 3 hours trying to log in, And now i cant get past loading screens. Its just stuck there with landing craft constantly loading, Cant load market items, Cant load the ducat kiosk, Extreme loading items. Cant get into dojo which causes major freeze which i have to close with tm, Changing frames causes freeze too. I checked with task manager and the memory is stuck too, it wont increase or decrease. Tried restarting, with d10,11,64bit off and on, fullscreen off and on, All low settings. And still i cant even go into a mission.

Everything was fine before u18.5 hit. After updating i cant even do anything besides roam around liset. Its horrible.

7 hours ago, Lumeh said:

noticed that in indoor missions these things don't appear as often, but they do 100% of times in outdoor ones. i forgot to mention that i'm playing with dx10 and 11 DISABLED. if i enable any of those, i get game crashes (insufficient video memory). can anyone from DE help me?? i simply can't play this game since that update...

9 hours ago, Old.Gregg said:

I've seen a lot of weird stuff, but this has to be the weirdest performance related bug that I ever saw.

Must be why my game runs great - I'm playing locally offline.

On 3/4/2016 at 3:02 PM, eyeopener said:

First thing I have done is after updating the game: Start a mission - Ceres Draco with a 4 man squad and my fps are around 40.

Today before the patch I had around 100-120 fps (on the same mission 4 man squad) and I was thinking that the graphic changes caused this... BUT

The next thing I did: Set all graphic settings to off/minimum and restart the game. After that I started Draco Ceres with a 4man squad and AGAIN I have just around 40 fps...,,

The game is unplayable for me again as it was before frame time optimizations:

That sucks I am pissed.

Edit:
My system specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE
GPU: R9 270X Sapphire
SOUND: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
RAM: 8GB
SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB

My usual launcher options:
Full-Screen: Off
DX 10: On
DX 11: On
64-Bit Mode: Off

FPS pre 18.5 on Ceres Draco 4 man:
100-120 fps

What I tried:
1. Change Graphic settings. Result: no change. (graphic settings don't matter)
2. Verify then optimize in launcher. Result: 10 fps less?! (from 40 fps to 30 fps... and more spikes?!)
3. I uninstalled Warframe. Redownloaded and turned off DX 10. Result: 40-60 fps but still many lag spikes and it doesn't feel like 40-60fps. It's unplayable :(
4. Updated Driver to "Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Hotfix". Result: no change.
5. Turned off reverb and sound: Result: no change. (still experiencing: Stuttering/frameskipping )
6. Switched from borderless to fullscreen. Result: no change.
7. Turned on V-Sync. Result: more constant frames (means less spikes), but still bad fps

I havent had any problems with my 270x, Im solid 60 and without Vsync Im 160fps. Something you should be aware of is that in some cases when not loaded enough the new crimson drivers wont maintain clock speed (you might not see it) and cause poor performance thats exactly as you describe. Im running 1175mhzcore/1500mhz memory on my 270x with a Xeon 1240v3 and 8gb DDR3 2133. 

AMD users please try installing MSI afterburner and controlling your clock speeds with that to see if your performance problems persist if youre using the latest Crimson drivers as this is actually a persistent and confirmed bug for AMD GPU at the moment that AMD hasnt been able to pin down and fix so thats the best work around I know of. IK you may have had good FPS before the patch but in some cases it may have created the conditions to bring this bug out in your system.

Edit: another potential fix for crimson downclock bug you can try as an AMD user

http://www.overclock.net/t/1593678/crimson-downclock-fix#post_24962699

Edited by Echoa

13 hours ago, Lumeh said:

Could you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? Looking through your EE.log could help us greatly in finding out what is wrong.
Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

For me, the game crashes often in the new moon spy mission; restarting the game before entering the mission helps, and it doesn't always crash (but the third vault certainly helps), but it's still unstable.

In a related note, the new relays also seem to cause problems with video memory when I haven't restarted and when they're particularly full.