The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

sorry for my English.

these monsters were removed long ago. why reintroduce mob?

because we have Zenurik??? stop joke ... in this game, the mob appear in the back. We lose all mana and after it's the dead.

there had been discussions with the community on this issue, and you removed this monster.

Die because a mob pop in the back and empty your mana... it's boring not difficult...

it's just good to annoy the player.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, Havenless said:

How do you play around an enemy that steals ALL of your energy with no way to avoid it?

Are we just supposed to accept the fact that we'll never get to use our warframe powers on higher level missions?

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a massive pile of BS? Where's the counter play? Nullifiers now seem like a well designed enemy type when compared to these things.

Yes, you can counter this aura with Trinity's Energy Vampire. Now saying that, im not sure what combat situation you may be talking about. Either 1 Leech Eximus or 5, anyway using Energy Vampire can keep energy reserves pretty high or you can use Limbo's Cataclysm to do that as well.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

as a heavy melee player always being in close range of enemy targets these units are the bane of our existence. Insta zap all energy, and from what I see damage taken while under the influence of the mag proc does not translate to energy gain cause the frame is still under the detriments of the mag proc. This leads to insta-death in cases where the frame is low on HP and has 0 energy to proc QT. This unit could stand for some mechanic balancing as it trivializes players who live by the sword alone.

It will be OK if it removed 'some', or half or over time our energy...but not all energy in a blink of an eye...but I think current shock eximus is a pain in the arse

Edited by -ONI-JiwaKacau

Dont worry next eximus will leech all your hp instanly XD. In all seriousness this kind of mechanic is bad really bad. as for strategy get in wide open area and look at the units if you see shock eximi shot him fist. cant do anything other then that

Yup. the proc is killer. I agree with what has been suggested: just make the energy loss equivalent to a viral proc, but for energy max. so max energy is cut in half for the duration of the debuff. The rest stays the same, so the screen still gets scrambled, the shields are still lost and energy cant be gained(maybe?). that way its still dangerous, but survivable.

5 minutes ago, AutoPhox said:

Yup. the proc is killer. I agree with what has been suggested: just make the energy loss equivalent to a viral proc, but for energy max. so max energy is cut in half for the duration of the debuff. The rest stays the same, so the screen still gets scrambled, the shields are still lost and energy cant be gained(maybe?). that way its still dangerous, but survivable.

I think it should halve power strength as well. But to be honest, magnetic proc needs to be reworked anyway. It needs to have some level of appreciable effect to everything, not just tenno. It shoulde be like the way radiation can ruin a tenno's day, but it is equally ruinous to the enemy hordes as well.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7
left off sentence

On 3/6/2016 at 6:02 PM, Havenless said:

How do you play around an enemy that steals ALL of your energy with no way to avoid it?

Are we just supposed to accept the fact that we'll never get to use our warframe powers on higher level missions?

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a massive pile of BS? Where's the counter play? Nullifiers now seem like a well designed enemy type when compared to these things.

Arcane nullifier: max rank (10 arcances) has 40% chance to negate magnetic procs.

So just got out of my 61 minute T4 solo melee only run. I sincerely had no issue except for the one guy who nailed me on my way to extraction, ran into about maybe 6 of the walking magnetic procs, literally was not bothered in the slightest. Here is the results page from my excursion. (I hope I posted this screenshot correctly)

Spoiler

B9CB2C2BEF5F62F25B337BA0FC3C48366B17A6EF

Edited by TermiteFrame
Had an image that left it dubious that it was actually T4

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

So just got out of my 61 minute T4 solo melee only run. I sincerely had no issue except for the one guy who nailed me on my way to extraction, ran into about maybe 6 of the walking magnetic procs, literally was not bothered in the slightest. Here is the results page from my excursion. (I hope I posted this screenshot correctly)

Hide contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

the enemies spawming is changed to spawm based on number of players. and i'm sure you using shadowstep, am i right?

4 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

Hide contents

B9CB2C2BEF5F62F25B337BA0FC3C48366B17A6EF

Shadow step for free stealth?

3 hours ago, Mofixil said:

Attacks that are devastating yet consistent and telegraphed well enough a skilled player can counter them with nearly 100% effectiveness.
DE's so fixated on their los checks when it comes to nerfing players' nukes but enemies that should have them (Nullifier bubbles, auras and IIRC Bombard/Napalm projectiles) simply ignore all and any kinds of cover because consistency?

Ummm....but they CAN be countered. There are many ways they can be countered and prepared for.

So I dont get the argument at all. Same can be said about nullifiers.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)TacticalxHavoc said:

Yes, you can counter this aura with Trinity's Energy Vampire. Now saying that, im not sure what combat situation you may be talking about. Either 1 Leech Eximus or 5, anyway using Energy Vampire can keep energy reserves pretty high or you can use Limbo's Cataclysm to do that as well.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

^ please stop....youre not contributing to this discussion

giving a suggestion to further narrow a players choice in terms of game play is not helping the situation....you are giving more of a reason why this is a bad choice.  Now youre telling me that I should always find a team with limbo and trin just to fight against shocks? i cant go in as an excal or a rhino? I didnt realize that we had so many frames to choose from to only be limited to the two in order to counterplay against this stupidity

also you clearly are not paying attention to the majority of the chat....it is not just the stupid energy drain.....its also shield drain....its also magnetic proc....and these eximus are usually around units that can burn you down in an instant after they have drained any type of resource you would use to counter them

please read more than just a few post in the discussion before giving a narrowminded response

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ummm....but they CAN be countered. There are many ways they can be countered and prepared for.

There is literally ONE, especially for solo. Bloody melee + naramon. Awesome solution. That person with his 1 hour t4surv confirmes it. 1400 melee kills. Speaks for itself. 

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

^ name a counter for these situations please that does not involve specific frames or weapons.  if I were to use ANY warframe and ANY weapon.....

Levels 1-30? Levels 30-80? Levels 80+?  Show me these strategies to prepare you that dont limit the player to specific frames and weapons....please do so

this is the point of the argument here is the fact that it is a choke hold......you arent being creative when you see everyone going into a corpus mission as a limbo or a trin to negate effects.

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The only way they can be countered is STAY AWAY.

About nulifiers: you can shoot the shield from afar or jump in bubble and rambo, kill fast and you live, kill slow and you dead.

About current shock eximus : you can shoot them from afar or run away, Or you can jump in and sucide, no skill needed here.

An unit that can only be countered by one way is staying the vay hek aways is not "many ways". Melee-ing shock eximus in a cluster of enemies = A guarantee death wish.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed swearing

4 minutes ago, giantconch said:

Shadow step for free stealth?

Yup, its not max rank yet though only gives me a mere, what is it, 6 seconds of invisibility. There are some downsides though: its a bit difficult to get them to swarm in rooms when there is nothing for them to aggro, that's why Saryn (prime in this case) compliments it so well with molt.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

Instantly taking away any and all energy you have gathered/worked/waited for and shutting you down completely without any way to counter or avoid it- that is not OK. Period. The other units are fine. Look at ancient disrupters- they are fine. They have to HIT you, and that attack has a very well telegraphed warning that it is coming and is slow. Shock eximus walks in the room- everyone loses their energy- noone can see anything, and everything dies. There is no skill, there is no warning, It is not... ok. It is 100% anti-fun. if this is honestly the original intention of these units since they came in the game ages ago- but broken- then I have no clue what DE was thinking this time- and they need to change their thinking on it.

EDIT: Not to mention they are entirely anti-melee. You CANNOT melee them. Period. They shut you down. When DE has been pushing melee play so hard over the past few months, putting in something that specifically hurts that the most is extremely erratic and uncool.

I am not arguing that Shock Eximus doing Magnetic Aura and damage again is good; quite the opposite. They are however something that came before the more hard-counter nature of the enemies listed as being more acceptable. Disruptors don't need to touch you, any enemy that does any damage to you while they are near does direct damage to your energy, While the other enemies won't do the full magnetic effect, your energy will be drained pretty fast either way. Not to mention, Most small infested Eximus are in fact Parasitic Energy Drainer Eximus enemies which will drain 425 energy in a few blinks and resist almost all damage types. The Disruptor also gives an aura effect to all nearby allied enemies that gives them resistance to both area effect and ability damage further requiring focus fire on these enemies or to be overwhelmed, even without other ancient support.

On the contrary, Shock (Magnetic) Eximus Corpus while defensive for a Corpus, don't give buddies innate resistance to entire types of damage or abilities if you can somehow stay outside their large range. Methods that deal with another variety of Corpus Eximus will usually work the same against Shock Eximus as well; with the problem being that you are likely to not have shields or energy when they show up. Annoying. definitely. I personally, do not think bringing the effect back when it had been changed to the more proper Electrical damage resistance and Electrical damage boost makes sense but they can be dealt with though the cost is often more than one might be willing to pay in a mission.

4 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

^ name a counter for these situations please that does not involve specific frames or weapons.  if I were to use ANY warframe and ANY weapon.....

Levels 1-30? Levels 30-80? Levels 80+?  Show me these strategies to prepare you that dont limit the player to specific frames and weapons....please do so

this is the point of the argument here is the fact that it is a choke hold......you arent being creative when you see everyone going into a corpus mission as a limbo or a trin to negate effects.

but people that aren't Limbo and Trin are successfully getting past these enemies. They obviously havent stopped you either, so i dont know what some of you are going on about. What it boils down to is that you are upset that something gave you a challenge. You're upset that maybe every once in awhile, you need to enter a room ANTICIPATING what the enemy will throw at you.

Im not sorry that you cant easily walk over all the content without thinking or preparing (with very little thought and prep required) in this game. Either figure out a way past it...or just run to the forum to cry every time you waste a single revive. 

5 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

But don't you guys always try to enforce the use of corrosive projection? How is that any different than enforcing anything else?

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

Yup, its not max rank yet though only gives me a mere, what is it, 6 seconds of invisibility. There are some downsides though: its a bit difficult to get them to swarm in rooms when there is nothing for them to aggro, that's why Saryn (prime in this case) compliments it so well with molt.

Right, unfortunately the t4 survival test while using a power that makes you unable to be shot at without needing energy to test wether an enemy which removes all energy is a massive increase in difficulty to melee-only gaming kinda defeats the purpose of the test.

Running with Saryn is good though, as you can use Molt as a decoy, and regenerative molt to regain health, and that test would be more effective at gaging the increase in difficulty as now you need your energy to survive.

Nicely done btw on running melee only in t4!

People defending shock eximus in a nutshell:

1. You should prioritize a hard to see eximus while being under fire by bombards, nullifiers, and heavy gunners!! You should think real quick!

2. Shock eximus are perfectly fine because you should be able to pick them out when they're hiding between 20+ enemies because you have TENNO VISION™ that can exactly highlight priority enemies in a horde!!!

3. I can counter them easily, so they shouldn't be nerfed!

4. Keep your distance from an enemy hidden inside a blob of 20+ enemies or behind a wall! I don't care if you can't see them clearly!

5. What about melee players? They should use Redeemer or Glaive!