The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IRL Argon Crystals

BarrettFlipmode

2 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

Warframe is set in a version of our solar system where technology is much more advanced than ours. Why can't we just refrigerate Argon Crystals?

The Kubros are taking up all the freezer space

1 hour ago, Jamescell said:

Warframe is set in a version of our solar system where technology is much more advanced than ours. Why can't we just refrigerate Argon Crystals?

I think the Void's environment makes Argon crystallize in a special way, and it's that crystal structure, or maybe the radiation given by its decay, that we utilize. Not the crystal in itself.

1 hour ago, LordPreda said:

I think the Void's environment makes Argon crystallize in a special way, and it's that crystal structure, or maybe the radiation given by its decay, that we utilize. Not the crystal in itself.

Or the void slows down the decay - they've got a half life in game of 24 hours, while IRL Ar-41 (which is really easy to get, just bombard plain old argon with neutrons) has a half life of 1.83 hours.

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Did y'all seriously think Argon was a fictional element created specifically for Warframe?

im sure alot of us just look at something and go "Yup, space magic.  Nothing to think about here, it's space magic."

or something.  lol

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Did y'all seriously think Argon was a fictional element created specifically for Warframe?

Ah, that must mean Oxium is real.

I mean, I knew, but there are tons of fictional elements in games. It's better to assume it's fake, than going around talking about this element you think is real.

54 minutes ago, Jakcal said:

I mean, I knew, but there are tons of fictional elements in games. It's better to assume it's fake, than going around talking about this element you think is real.

You could always google the element to see if it is real.

1 hour ago, Jakcal said:

Anyone who has taken the most basic of science classes (and not slept through it) should know that argon is an element. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Or the void slows down the decay - they've got a half life in game of 24 hours, while IRL Ar-41 (which is really easy to get, just bombard plain old argon with neutrons) has a half life of 1.83 hours.

This makes the most sense to me.

I think people are confusing phase change with radioactive decay. They're two entirely different properties of matter.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

20 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

You could always google the element to see if it is real.

That's what I do for stuff I don't know, but that doesn't mean other people do it.

20 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Anyone who has taken the most basic of science classes (and not slept through it) should know that argon is an element. 

Eh, argon wasn't really an important element in my class.

You're also expecting way too much from humanity.

On 3/7/2016 at 2:17 PM, Jamescell said:

Like i have said in another thread. This argon is probable a different isotope and therefore has different properties since this theoretical isotope doesn't adhear to our logic (being Formed in the void and all) and of course being taken out of the void they decay as they lose stability as it is an impossible substance outside of the void.