Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So,since the shock exi was fixed, can we also have..

moronicacid

1 hour ago, JustOR1G1N said:

What aboud defense missions? We have to stay near cryopod most of time. I think they would be HUGE problem. At least we need frost snowglobe buff to block AoE damage (like arctic eximus' bubble do).

You should not 'need' a particular frame just to do a mission. For instance, defense should be possible without a frost or Limbo. But the broken scaling makes them a requirement. There needs to be alternative means.

1 hour ago, KIREEKPSO said:

Because he, like many, want a challenge.

Magnetic eximus, bursas and other enemies added a difficulty spike that many enjoyed, the good players succceded, the bad ones complained and perish. In a mission where you alone can make a difference, these enemies were essential and to a certain degree they still are.

I understand that for many, the less effort they have the better, but for some players challenge is the only thing keeping us playing, we find the challenge a fun factor in warframe.

> Warframe

> Real challenge 

Lol.

I don't mind Prosecutors or Manic Bombards but bursas? They were good in the events and are still good in some missions but not all. They tend to break the flow of the game.

4 minutes ago, Liljeman said:

I think the shock eximus should only drain your energy if you use melee on the, connecting physically with them allowing them to empty your energy.

In a game where melee is a one of the most advertised things about it you wanna make melee even less appealing than it already is?

1 hour ago, KIREEKPSO said:

Have you ever had a corrosive buff (volt + saryn)? have you ever used banshee?, have you ever used nova and rhino?

Like i said, good players always find a way and in many objectives bursas don't need to be killed, interception for example, you can always kill the weaker units to start a timer so that the remaining enemies are removed.

I'm not here to teach players how to play, that is up to you to find out.

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Look, difficulty is fun when there's a balance between player skill and bullet sponges. Problem that DE has with bursas and in many other cases

It usually is

Bullet sponges >>>>>>>> Everything else. 

Heck, just look at the Hyekkas. Their attacks can easily one shot squishy frames at rank 30 and that's not even considering the extra 3-5 kavats they can spawn which can deal half your health with one bite, and you aren't even given a warning.

Bullet sponges =/= difficulty

Edited by izzatuw

3 hours ago, KIREEKPSO said:

Magnetic eximus, bursas and other enemies added a difficulty spike that many enjoyed, the good players succceded, the bad ones complained and perish. In a mission where you alone can make a difference, these enemies were essential and to a certain degree they still are.

See, you and many others are acting like this is a good thing. From DE's perspective however it isn't and it shouldn't be from yours either. The game needs bad players and it needs them to enjoy the game too. Sure, balancing around good and bad players alike is kind of an impossible task to do, but DE wants money from both groups. So when in doubt they choose the smallest common denominator.

If only a small group of elite players remain they might feel all good about themselves and how they mastered a game. Warframe wouldn't be long for this world then though since that small group of players usually is not enough to generate proper revenue.

You would be surprised how big the percentage of casual and bad players (these are not necessarily the same) is. I saw numbers for another game where you can achieve a certain rank per month and 95% of the players were in the lowest 5% of the ranks by the end of the month. I doubt that is much different here.

So while it is fine to discuss proper balancing in a constructive way I would advice everyone feeling superior here because of their playing skills to get off their high horse. "Git gud" is a terrible argument especially when you are trying to convince a company whose main goal is generating lots and lots of money.

I appologise for asking players to do a bit more effort in succeeding in a mission.

Enemy variety and mission difficulty has been a problem for so long that the devs have been adding mechanical difficulty and mathematical difficulty as they move along. Bursas are hard indeed, maybe to hard for the new players, but as a team i don't think they offer any challenge, maybe sortie ones do, but let's be honest, sorties aren't meant for new players that can't do rescue or spy missions, the missions have a ton of conditions that make them hard, but they are hard for a reason, you can't just make everything a cakewalk because someone finds it to hard.

I am still hoping DE will disable the taxi feature for missions, so that players learn the hard way and improve over time, getting them into missions with bursas, rescues, spy, sorties is always a mistake

5 hours ago, izzatuw said:

In a game where melee is a one of the most advertised things about it you wanna make melee even less appealing than it already is?

By changing the unit as suggested you don't make melee less appealing, you make firearms more appealing for 1 special unit. However we might need some enemies where melee would be more appealing than firearms. Nullifiers actually is in some cases better to take down with melee.

7 hours ago, Megakruemel said:

Why are you defending a broken mechanic? We basically have to play in a group to take these things out if we don't abuse our warframe abilities and even then a fully modded tonkor to the &#! is not enough. Have you ever really fought a level 90+ bursa?

I'm under the impression by level 90, it's entirely intentional that there's a very real and very possible chance for a Tenno and even a whole Tenno cell to go down.  Just saying, if we're judging the balance of level 90 Bursa's, I think the correct answer is "they're meant to kick your glutes, just like everything else at that level."

Now the scaling of Bursas on normal starchart nodes, that's a whole different story - those might be too much, since more than likely the player running those nodes has an Excalibur and is packing a Karak or Boltor and most definitely won't have maxed out mods.  Debatable if they'll even have the real serration mod.

6 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

We need lesser and more interactive / harder to fight enemies instead of swarms of annoyance .

I recall Steve mention that being considered with the whole mod/damage rework, but I'll be darned if I remember when or where.  A large part of why AI is so dumb is because the game is set up to feature quantity over quality botrh to save processing power and because quality won't amount to jack if we can clear entire rooms with a sweep of an assault rifle or the press of a number key.

Edited by Littleman88