Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Isn't about Ninjas anymore, in my opinion

Barrett_Linwei8

43 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Jeeze, THANK YOU! Like I don't know what bull crap fantasy some people are stuck on when it comes to Ninjas but if we are be historically accurate, what we know of the Feudal Japanese Ninja is that they where spies and assassins that Shoguns use to PAY for their services. They where loyal to their clan and their Clan's Master and that was about it. Aside from that, near anyone could pay for their services, either with actual money or some other incentive. Samurai used to fear and not trust ninja because Ninja fought with no honor according to historical records. They would assassinate you with a bow, poison your drink, stab you in the back, lead you into a trap, blow you up with explosives, etc. Many clans where always inventing new ways to kill their enemies and their targets. Ninja would even try to kill you with farming tools if they could, that is how the Kama transformed from a farming tool to a weapon. So what makes you think a ninja with access to fire arms would not use them if they are willing to kill with bows and farming tools? Most samurai where of the noble cast; traditional trained in schools and taught honor in dueling. Ninjas started off as poor farmers and thieves tired of the oppression from the up class of feudal japan.

Warframe isn't the only game out there that features "Ninjas" that use guns. Ninja Gaiden is a good example of ninjas using everything from assault rifles to rocket launchers.

Kinda this in a nutshell, yup.

Shogun Lotus, ALL HAIL

Funny that you mention Ninja Gaiden. A lot of that Ninpo in the game i see, in separate amounts here and there, in the frames.

NINJA in a nutshell is a Japanese hit-man that works for a Shogun for reasons such as vengeance. We however fall under more categories we are more of the cough Mercenary, Assassin, Terrorist, Hitman, and most of all SOLDIER. 

The only thing in question is your own definition of NINJA. It is basic human knowledge that humans are cruel you probably also believe a soldier has to be a gun toting buff guy holding a AK 47 in Camo. Well to destroy your reality a SOLDIER is anything that works for a ORGANISED COMMUNITY. Terrorist anything that uses TERROR to invoke infuence. ASSASSIN is anyone who is PAYED by a SINGLE source to kill/deal with someone for political reasons. MERCENARY is someone who is a assassin but does it for a organised community for war reasons, and finally HITMEN is someone who does it for criminal reasons such a criminal organisation.

The DE could call us any of these if they wanted to because we work for a guess what ORGANISED SOURCE. AKA Lotus.

I think the best to call us whatever you want. We are terrorist mercenary assassin hit-man who are soldiers to Lotus. O wait a second... I JUST EXPLAINED A NINJA! O.o 

TL;DR A Ninja is basically just a highly trained Mercenary that is willing to be a spy, assassin, or terrorist for its organisation. O wait a second WE DO THOSE THINGS! Like the mission types, Spy, Sabotage, Deception, and most of all ASSASSINATION!

Edited by Feallike
INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also a bit of sarcasm.

2 hours ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

Jokes aside who actually agrees with me, the slogan is not good and anything that says Ninja in the game makes me cringe and messes with my ocd.that I'd like to know....because i wasn't reading what anybody said

The next time you have a complaint that you're not going to listen to differing opinions or viewpoints on, use this site instead: http://screamintothevoid.com/

Please and thank you.

3 hours ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

The only reason ninjas didn't use that technology is because it wasn't available at the time. As said in a previous post, Ninja used guns during WW2 

Ninja's were in two words: Dishonorable Filth

Ninja were for Daimyo that wanted to win against each other and not adhere to the normal rules of Bushido and japanese warfare. The samurai wouldn't do certain tasks because it's against Bushido so what does the Daimyo do? Hire a Ninja. Spare me this "Honor for tradition" bullcrap. Ninja used whatever they could get their sneaky little claws on. Poisen darts, muskets, hidden blades, bombs, nothing were taboo for the ninja. They would stab you in the back, poison your drink, kidnap your children, or whatever it is they were payed to do. They were the biggest @ssholes of the time who cared about nothing but money. So I'd say that we are perfect representations of the "oh so great and honorable" ninjas of old. I don't understand why westerners get such a big kick out of them.  

BINGO Give this man a prize he ninjaed me way before I even realized it. 

This is basically my post in a nutshell.

Also the Navy Seal program in US takes inspiration from Ninja's you could even call them American Ninja's and be correct!

People just because you don't know the definition of something or have a different interpretation doesn't mean your right.

2 hours ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

3 pages and 63 response.....wow if only my Warframe Concepts had that many respone in under 3 hours:highfive:

Jokes aside who actually agrees with me, the slogan is not good and anything that says Ninja in the game makes me cringe and messes with my ocd.that I'd like to know....because i wasn't reading what anybody said

YOUR lack of education is the problem, the slogan is great. Your OCD is only coming into play because you CLEARLY DON'T KNOW WHAT A NINJA IS. I linked several articles explaining ninjas who use SHOTGUNS, ninjas who practiced 'stage magic/illusion', accounts of PROSTITUTES becoming ninja and a massive list of other things. We ARE ninja, in space.

imo, the thing preventing this from really being a ninja game is that most of the game progression is centered around killing things rather than completing the mission.

If affinity was gained on mission completion rather than by killing mass amounts of enemies, I think that would go a long way to serving the ninja playstyle.

3 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

imo, the thing preventing this from really being a ninja game is that most of the game progression is centered around killing things rather than completing the mission.

If affinity was gained on mission completion rather than by killing mass amounts of enemies, I think that would go a long way to serving the ninja playstyle.

Hate to burst your bubble buttt..... Ninja's kill stuff all the time also when you consider it we might kill 100 people between 4 people at most on a crowded ship during any nonendless mission. THAT IS PENNIES! 

These are ships full of people probably as big as a FREAKING CITY a hundred people is basically squat diddly crap compared to the bigger picture. Unless your saying this isn't a protected ship but a carrier. THEN THAT IS EVEN BETTER! That means we are sabotaging a ship not meant for defense killing all of his crew in the way and then killing him and getting out without triggering the armada! WE ARE FREAKING MAGIC! O wait we are quite literally magic.

Edited by Feallike

Ninjas are typically associated with stealth, ambushes, assasination, ect, not standing in one place, deliberately avoiding the mission objective in order to kill more stuff.

The design of farming off individual kills is counterproductive to any mission based aesthetic, especially one associated with efficiently completing objectives.

1 - you, like most average people, are not aware of what a Ninja actually is, you only know the Hollywood Ninja which isn't an actual Ninja.

2 - Warframe has NEVER actually been about Ninjas. the Ninja marketing was adopted because it sounds good from a marketing standpoint, not because the game really sticks to much related to them.
as ever, FYI - 'Ninjas play free' is adopted from some Community jokes about Warframe, again, because from a Marketing standpoint they sound good and attract Customers.

but really the most important part here is facepalming as usual as another person that doesn't know what a Ninja is, trying to dictate what a 'Ninja' is.

Traditional ninjas probably did use guns at some point but due to the way the guns worked they would have to be used in a group. However guns in Japan weren't manufactured until the 16th century in a time of internal conflict. Guns became widely used in the 18th century when they begun fighting with the west.

Ninjas were mercenaries for hire unless they had a willing allegiance with someone. Our tenno honour is about the same as their honour, they had their own philosophy and teachings much like us. Yet they worked for the highest bidder and were seen as dishonourable due to their tactics.

During some missions they would of been required to make noise. Scare tactics required them to be seen, things like attacking a village at night, and ambushing groups of people were meant to scare the enemy. Sending samurai would be too costly, noticeable, and due to their honour they would not perform as well.

There is a misconception about shinobi that they do everything in the shadows/stealthy. They did not in fact, historically ninja do everything from spying to guerilla warfare. Warframe does in fact fit the idea of ninjas more than the incorrect pop culture idea of them.

Tenno fit the bill of the covert style of shinobi tactics. They hit and run, assassinate, sabotage, etc.

Edited by Echoa

2 hours ago, Ellthan said:

I'm just wondering, at what point do you stop being a ninja?

With the definitions some people are trying to pass on for ninja here, technically speaking marines fighting in a field side by side with tanks in broad daylight are ninjas.

Ninja is more about tactics than an actual title. Tbh modern military tactics take more from shinobi than samurai so yes they would be in a sense. Feudal tactics revolved more around facing the enemy 1v1 or army v army and your March out in a horde horns blaring announcing your arrival. The United States actually has a long history of guerilla/ninja style tactics dating back to the countries founding. Modern combat is most definitely more ninja like, but we still maintain some of that army v army idea so the small group such as seals doing covert ops are the real modern ninja.

Edited by Echoa

Well...  When I started playing the game almost 3 years ago it felt more "Ninja" than it does today.  Warframe has grown so much since then, and honestly if it were only about being a "Space Ninja" I feel it wouldn't have the same mass appeal that it has today.

Now with that being said, there's nothing stopping you from playing like a Ninja with stealth, etc.  It's really up to you to do it.  I think it's a good thing that this game caters to a variety of themes now.

Don't get me wrong.  I miss the old wardrums and Ninja feel very much, but I understand why the devs want to make this game more accessible to everyone.

The game was never about "Space Ninjas." It was merely a term used by the community back in the early stages of beta and the devs picked up on it and used it as a slogan for marketing purposes.

The Warframes were supposed to be the ultimate weapons in the galaxy. I have reason to believe that it all started off ninja-like was because the old Warframes that were found were small in number and had to fight to survive against the massive hordes of enemies that wanted them either dead or harvested. The bigger the community grew, the more Warframes were found and they were beyond what many people could've imagined. It was definitely jarring at first but eventually people caught on and enjoyed the game for what it is. So chillax, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure the whole stealth aspect of the game is a work in progress.