The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Is Ok but Disappointing.. (My Solo T4 Results)

Sinister_Gold

Ok so I just finished a T4 solo with saryn prime and I was able to get to a respectiable 1h and 1mins, but I cant stand the fact that he dmg falls off super hard past the 40min mark. Here are my results: http://postimg.org/image/p1h7o220d/

Does anyone else find her weak? Like the time to kill with her at 40mins+ is so long that you end up running out of life support. It seems like DE over looked the fact that this is a fast paced game and other frames can do the same or even far more greater dmg than saryn in a fraction of the time.  For example Ash, Valkyr, Loki, Ivara, Excalibur, and Wukong can all last longer than her in T4 and do way more dmg. I personally find any run less then 1h 30mins kind of a failure so thats why im pissed that I could only get 1h and 11mins.

xUnvQFS.jpg

If you mod her spores with max strength and range (no efficiency), and use a gas proc ignis, this happens. 105 waves of ODD, with the saryn (maelstromm15) out damaging the maim equinox (2nd place in damage). If you do it right, she is incredibly powerful, just like banshee. The other two in the game were a resonance banshee and a EV trinity. 

From this thread: 

Edited by torint_man

The spore thread from few weeks ago had maelstrom demonstrating that she is more than capable of going late game. She is more a team frame but can still work solo, but having a team building on her effectiveness does not make her useless but in fact boosts her capabilities. Similar in a MOBA a carry is only as good as the supports the hero is teamed with.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

3 minutes ago, torint_man said:

xUnvQFS.jpg

If you mod her spores with max strength and range (no efficiency), and use a gas proc ignis, this happens. 105 waves of ODD, with the saryn (maelstromm15) out damaging the maim equinox (2nd place in damage). If you do it right, she is incredibly powerful, just like banshee. The other two in the game were a resonance banshee and a EV trinity. 

From this thread: 

That photo has been spread around multiple times, and just like before the Banshee was the real reason for the damage.

That is the correct set up to use, however Saryn is still just average.

Saryn's Abilities are balanced around assuming you will use the other Equipment you brought with you in the Mission as well.
unfortunately, quite a few Warframes have Abilities balanced around.... the Abilities doing absolutely everything.

11 minutes ago, torint_man said:

xUnvQFS.jpg

From this thread: 

So with three frames supporting you, you do the most damage.  Shocking.

4 minutes ago, torint_man said:

xUnvQFS.jpg

From this thread: 

Thats nice and all but my point is solo t4 with her is very hard, and the dmg fall off verse them is insane. Like sure if i did ODS i could last longer but then again OD is easier then T4. Plus you did this with a group and im soloing. I dont get the benefit of 4 corrosive projections and buffs from allies. I can go right right now into a T4 survival solo and last 1H 30mins+ easy with valkyr and excal, i cant do that with saryn.

I dont know guys but am i wrong in thinking the OD is easier than T4? Like the armor scaling on T4 is insane and even if you cut there hp in half you dont cut there armor in half and if you dont kill them fast enough once the viral proc expires they heal back the 50% they were missing. So like just by that fact alone nova is better since shes multipiles your dmg buy a flat 2x so no matter what happens, Which is effectively can be though of as cutting there armor by half since they will be taking double dmg no matter what, which i find way way more useful since that lowers there effective hp, while the viral proc only helps if you have a wep that can get though all that armor 

Edited by Sinister_Gold

mios with corrosive berserker / corrosive cold berserker 

or lacrecia with slide crit berserker same as ^

toxic lash gives 100% guaranteed toxic proc on hit  

focus on melee and shred them in seconds. 

on console i use the Soul of the Leviathan combo for fast dps

but the others combos can ragdoll / throw enemies so you have to take that into effect

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

12 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

So with three frames supporting you, you do the most damage.  Shocking.

Yet she out damaged a maim equinox. One does not simply out damage a maim equinox while being "average" or "weak". The saryn managed to kill stuff through ancient disruptors and healers. Even with resonance banshee, you have to do insane amounts of damage to kill with abilities through those ancient auras. When you proc the gas on the ignis, the way the damage goes around ends up getting a ridiculously large exponential increase in damage. No other frame can get the same results as the picture I posted.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spores

Edited by torint_man

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

mios with corrosive berserker / corrosive cold berserker 

or lacrecia with slide crit berserker same as ^

toxic lash gives 100% guaranteed toxic proc on hit  

focus on melee and shred them in seconds. 

Hm ill try that then. But may as ask one question. At that point why would i not just use valkyr, wukon, or excal? They have way more melee dmg o.O

6 minutes ago, Sinister_Gold said:

I dont know guys but am i wrong in thinking the OD is easier than T4? Like the armor scaling on T4 is insane and even if you cut there hp in half you dont cut there armor in half and if you dont kill them fast enough once the viral proc expires they heal back the 50% they were missing. So like just by that fact alone nova is better since shes multipiles your dmg buy a flat 2x so no matter what happens. 

OD is easier. It follows the standard scaling rules. T4 missions have special scaling rules that are completely separate from the rest of the game.

Just now, Ceryk said:

OD is easier. It follows the standard scaling rules. T4 missions have special scaling rules that are completely separate from the rest of the game.

Ok thats what i though. Cause i can derp all over OD with any frame. Thats why i always do a T4 solo survival to judge how good a frame is.

Edited by Sinister_Gold

Your entire problem stems from thinking she is a damage frame. She is not a damage frame she is a debuff frame now. Miasma is still @(*()$ S#&$ though and DE needs to either fully rework that ult or just remove it and give her something new. 

1 minute ago, torint_man said:

Yet she out damaged a maim equinox. One does not simply out damage a maim equinox while being "average" or "weak". The saryn managed to kill stuff through ancient disruptors and healers. Even with resonance banshee, you have to do insane amounts of damage to kill with abilities through those ancient auras. When you proc the gas on the ignis, the way the damage goes around ends up getting a ridiculously large exponential increase in damage. No other frame can get the same results as the picture I posted.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spores

The part you are missing is that the resonance banshee was the reason she even did that dmg thats not by her own power

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Gold said:

Ok thats what i though. Cause i can derp all over OD with any frame. Thats why i always do a T4 solo survival to judge how good a frame is.

Which honestly doesn't make sense because T4 is meant to be group content. The devs have stated they balance the game in a specific way, but aren't going to prevent players from doing things like soloing T4s even though the game isn't balanced for that.

Edited by Ceryk

2 minutes ago, Sinister_Gold said:

Hm ill try that then. But may as ask one question. At that point why would i not just use valkyr, wukon, or excal? They have way more melee dmg o.O

but again its not straight damage frame , its a dot frame 

with viral cutting hp, whip blade cutting armor via corrosive, and no limit energy/ life via rage/ lifestrike 

throw up miasma to stunlock add damage via lash

lash auto pops spores and gives 2 energy per spore pop

spores cut hp and spread toxin. toxin directly ignores shields 

The Toxin b Toxin status effect is Poison, which deals 50% of your weapon or power's base damage in 9 ticks over 8 seconds as Toxin b Toxin damage. Multiple instances of the Toxin b Toxin DoT stack on the same target, with each instance having its own timer. When under the proc, the target will be covered in a green liquid-like substance, most likely poison.

Just now, SirWolfen said:

Your entire problem stems from thinking she is a damage frame. She is not a damage frame she is a debuff frame now. Miasma is still @(*()$ S#&$ though and DE needs to either fully rework that ult or just remove it and give her something new. 

2 minutes ago, SirWolfen said:

Nah... She just needs corrosive procs on Miasma. And Miasma should form a cloud, that stays for the duration of the skill.

Just now, SirWolfen said:

I agree but @(*()$ nova can last longer solo then saryn can in T4 and i dont consider her a damage frame. Plus there a videos of ember solos going 1h+ and she has no scaling dmg to speak of. Like i get the whole you must stack all this dmg to do lost of dmg but when i @(*()$ press radial blind on excal and combo that with my 4 I do WAY more @(*()$ dmg and use alot less energy and kill  way  faster than a saryn can. I believe that if a frame needs to do into melee range to do dmg then they should be doing a S#&$ ton of dmg because every other melee orientated frame does that.

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Gold said:

I agree but @(*()$ nova can last longer solo then saryn can in T4 and i dont consider her a damage frame. Plus there a videos of ember solos going 1h+ and she has no scaling dmg to speak of. Like i get the whole you must stack all this dmg to do lost of dmg but when i @(*()$ press radial blind on excal and combo that with my 4 I do WAY more @(*()$ dmg and use alot less energy and kill  way  faster than a saryn can. I believe that if a frame needs to do into melee range to do dmg then they should be doing a S#&$ ton of dmg because every other melee orientated frame does that.

Or maybe Saryn's meant to be a team-oriented frame and judging all frames by the same standard isn't the way t go because they each have their own purposes and niches. You wouldn't judge Frost and expect him to solo 90 minutes in T4S, because he's not built for that (not saying he can't do it, only that given your standards, he's not optimal like these frames).

Actually how about i just ask this have any of the you guys here that are commenting in the thread i made lasted longer then 1hour 11mins in a T4 survival solo? Because yeah its cool and all getting this advice but if all your expericane with her is getting carried when using her or using her in a ground or even worse just all theoretical build, please try it for yourself before you post because shes runs out of life support since SHE KILLS WAY TO SLOW 50mins+ like i get i can use her melee but then again if im going to use her melee ill just use valkyr or excal cause they dont have to deal with the DoT bs