Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Watched First Season Of SAO

Ibro156

What's really funny is A1 pictures managed to make something worse than fanfiction online.

The Asterisk War
Makes sao look acceptable (as in it actually an anime even if it's rated 1 out of 5) compared to that show.

It's pretty simple to dodge trash like this. If it's A1 pictures with an lightnovel adaptation you need to stay away and burn it with fire.

1 minute ago, xxcib21xx said:

What's really funny is A1 pictures managed to make something worse than fanfiction online.

The Asterisk War
Makes sao look acceptable (as in it actually an anime even if it's rated 1 out of 5) compared to that show.

It's pretty simple to dodge trash like this. If it's A1 pictures with an lightnovel adaptation you need to stay away and burn it with fire.

A youtuber called "Dibigro" did a 12(or 13) episode series closely analyzing the whole anime and telling viewers why it is so bad and still so popular in its season.

4 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

A youtuber called "Dibigro" did a 12(or 13) episode series closely analyzing the whole anime and telling viewers why it is so bad and still so popular in its season.

never heard of him. I follow a few tubers like DouchebagChocolat and Goat Jesus

53 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

Every single episode of his analysis had me laughing my &#! off with how true they were.

Yet, it's still getting a season 2 -_-

Edited by PoisonHD

47 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

watch Log Horizon, unlike SAO it shows real MMORPG settings

i liked how they used the established systems to bring the story forward but at the same time it feels kind of odd to show how some systems work. Like the cooldown times and such are self explaining but they still explain them and implement them in a rather weird way. On the other hand it really surprised me how they used other systems like the economy in the game and the ownership rules of certain buildings.

6 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

But like the first season it completely f&!ked itself over in the second part of the season. 

Oh boy, did it ever. Especially the last couple episodes.

I didn't even bother going on to season 2, mostly because there was enormous wasted potential for plot/lore/character development (keep in mind, i knew nothing of the manga) after what happened in the big "save the girl" fight. Climactic fight ends with a big "wtf" moment for protagonist and audience, and then everyone refuses to mention it.

I had a hunch that the big bad in season 2 would be the exact same dude from season 1, and I just noped out entirely.

7 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Overlord is also part of the genre we today call: Not-Sword-Art-Online

It's pretty good as well

Overlord definitely is interesting. It does have a few plot holes like the reviving mechanic that sometimes works to revive people and sometimes is just not used even though it could solve a lot of problems. On the other hand i really enjoy that anime and i can't quite put my finger on why. It might just be because the protagonist is kind of an antihero and the humor is enjoyable at times, which gives a nice break from the stereotypical light novel stuff.

Edited by Megakruemel

There were many things I liked or disliked about SAO.

But one thing I hated about it was Kirito´s impenetrable plot armor. It was basically breaking all rules and logic...

3 hours ago, xxcib21xx said:

The Asterisk War

Haven´t watched that, but plot reminds me a bit of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.

Not sure if it´s any better...

23 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

There were many things I liked or disliked about SAO.

But one thing I hated about it was Kirito´s impenetrable plot armor. It was basically breaking all rules and logic...

Haven´t watched that, but plot reminds me a bit of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.

Not sure if it´s any better...

Rakudashi is a while lot better, like comparing a 1/10 to a 6/10. You should watch Digibro's videos comparing the two. 

EDIT: Can I link it? Or is that against forum rules or something?

Screw it - The first part of his comparison

Edited by PoisonHD
changed to 6/10 instead of 5/10