Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annubis Helm Alert

Xennocide420

I will NEVER again buy an alternate helmet on release. This is a seriously disdainful. Less than a month and you give this away free.

Waste my money ? No problem, but i'll remember you can count on that but not my dollars anymore.

Edited by Xennocide420
Rawr.

Helmet needs 5 nitain, 2k cryotic, 900 plastids and an orokin cell. I think in this rare case, 75p is well worth bypassing 5 nitain need. And don't say sabatoge cause nitain is a rare drop in that, like ivara.

1 hour ago, Xennocide420 said:

Waste my money ? No problem, but i'll remember you can count on that but not my dollars anymore.

Did you actually rush to the market, purchase 5 dollars of platinum with a credit card right as it came out just to buy the helmet?  Or do you have a few hundred (or thousand) plat already, and figure why not, it looks cool?

In either case it was your choice to do so, don't blame DE for your decisions please.  Especially if you knew beforehand that helmet alerts were a thing and that it would eventually be craftable.

I was surprised it came out as an alert so quickly as well but I knew it would eventually.  I have nearly every helmet in the game and didn't use plat for any of them, others buy the helmets as soon as they are released, I'm very sorry you believe that 5 dollars went to waste.

The Nitain thing has gotten stupid. Forget Lore. To hell with internal consistency or world building. All hail Grind, where, Nitain is king.

Seriously, they just keep arbitrarily adding this as a requirement. New version of an old frame spits poison and doesn't require Nitain? Needs Nitain. New Archer frame without poison? More Nitain. How about a Crossbow, or a helmet for an Egyptian themed frame? Definitely Nitain.

That point we were wondering about...the one that arrivesin sooner or later in all free games, where developers place monetizing their game ahead of their customers enjoyment?

Yep. I think we have reached it.

*Looks at his pile of 35+ nitain*

I honestly don't think crafting cost is much of an issue. I have every nitain-dependant item in the game as we speak, and I don't play for more than 2h a day or bother with any endless mission type alerts since I'm lazy.

That being said I'm not exactly sad about paying up plat for the helmet for the sole reason that I've missed the alert anyway XD

2 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

*Looks at his pile of 35+ nitain*

This is my situation too. Pretty much every time I log in, there's an alert for Nitain running, and it's usually quick and easy, so I do it.

It takes a few minutes out of my day, but I have plenty to spare now.

I really don't understand the hatred for Nitain.

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

It's simply the unnecessity of introducing this resource followed that almost every new thing needs it.

There's literally no reason they shouldn't use it though. It's a 'rare' material that takes time to obtain, unlike every other resource out there.

IMO it's a needed gate.

2 minutes ago, EirwynTelyn said:

There's literally no reason they shouldn't use it though. It's a 'rare' material that takes time to obtain, unlike every other resource out there.

IMO it's a needed gate.

One word: Wukong.

Also nitain is just another resource worse than the resource before. Next resource will be sortie exclusive i tell ya.

9 minutes ago, EirwynTelyn said:

IMO it's a needed gate.

If it was a needed gate, then why does the ability to buy it with platinum and ignore not only the resource gathering time, but the build time exist? If it was something that actually needed to be there, then there would no existing method to bypass it.

Build costs are going to keep going up until there is sufficient outcry from the community.

This is the method DE has chosen to balance them: keep cranking up the workload until popular dissent becomes worrisome. Is there a better way? I won't claim to know what it is, but I can absolutely understand how people would be offended that this one thing takes as much Nitain as entire warframe sets.

Art thou vexed?

A buttmad thread filled with people being butt hurt. Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along.

Seriously, though. You already got your lollipop. Why are you mad that someone else also got a lollipop? Now throw your hands in the air and declare it just ain't fair!

I get it, I came back recently to the game to find they added another pointless resource making crafting a bit more tedious. Reminds me of when they tossed in Argon Crystals. Now though, Argon Crystal drop rate seemed to be tweaked and I can get 0-2 on tower 1 exterminates(pretty easy).

The Nintain aren't that bad really since they drop 4/day. like others have said, very easy missions for them. Then again the mission locations could be a pain for some new players or those who haven't really explored the solar system yet. So I do understand it really isn't very convenient and we could have gone on without this new requirement but oh well this is how the game is and I expect build requirements will only become more annoying as time goes on.

My issue with nitain is I don't have an ember to run ext with, I refuse to get normal ember again and the ember p bp refused to drop for the entire last week and before it too. I only ever run nitain alerts for missions I can rush, aka deception, capture, sabo and spy or extremely low lvl or corpus ext with my mag. All others take too long to be worth the measly 1 nitain.

Also I was at school, that helm alert better be up later today again, as most helm alerts are.

8 hours ago, notlamprey said:

Build costs are going to keep going up until there is sufficient outcry from the community.

This is the method DE has chosen to balance them: keep cranking up the workload until popular dissent becomes worrisome. Is there a better way? I won't claim to know what it is, but I can absolutely understand how people would be offended that this one thing takes as much Nitain as entire warframe sets.

Basically, this. When they begin to actually LOSE players, they will pay attention. Until they begin to take a hit in the wallet, though, all the complaining in the world wont make a difference.

I wish there other games that offered similar game play, moment to moment. I've been looking for them, unfortunately, I cannot find one at present. More's the pity because while I enjoy the game play I loathe the pointless grind.

12 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

That point we were wondering about...the one that arrivesin sooner or later in all free games, where developers place monetizing their game ahead of their customers enjoyment?

Eh, there are alerts every day, I have nitain, may as well use it.  Just like any resource.  The single worst usage of nitain was releasing it then requiring several hundred for wukong research.  Beyond that, a few here and there is just fine.  And to be honest, the wukong research hurt me the most because I was in a clan with 300 max members (mountain? whatever) with only like 10 players active daily, make it super hard to get it going.  But we finally did it two weeks later.

Nitain is fine, and there are worse things in game that monetize the game.  Besides, a simple helmet is your breaking point for enjoying a game?  That's not everyone.