The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoR Seems to bring out a few bad peeps :(

CorerMaximus

35 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

You need to earn your arcanes. 

If you don't like LoR go run the jordas raid. Its actually more straightforward.

That being said LoR takes like 30 minutes for each difficulty

It's simply not fun. And I did it under 20 minutes a lot of times.

It's an example of idiotic design. A Raid where you get around 60 kills total because there are very few enemies and there's no point killing most of them because they instantly respawn. 

And Jordas is even worse. Why people defend this trash?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

It's simply not fun. And I did it under 20 minutes a lot of times.

It's an example of idiotic design. A Raid where you get around 60 kills total because there are very few enemies and there's no point killing most of them because they instantly respawn. 

And Jordas is even worse. Why people defend this trash?

would you prefer raids to turn into sorties? If they take you under 20 minutes, then you got a squad that has it down perfectly. 

I'd prefer the raid actually functioned like Most MMO raids and had raid mechanics, Which they currently do

53 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

would you prefer raids to turn into sorties? If they take you under 20 minutes, then you got a squad that has it down perfectly. 

I'd prefer the raid actually functioned like Most MMO raids and had raid mechanics, Which they currently do

Except warframe is not an MMO. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Really? Cause according to this, you failed the first 5 tries of the Raid.

http://wf.christx.tw/JordasSearch.php?id=Ryunokage

So tell me, What went wrong the first 5 attempts? cause i'm sure without a shadow of a doubt that if somebody explained it to you. You could have beaten it.

Huh, interesting, I actually didn't expect to actually pop up within this website, but the more you know?

In terms of the Raids, it boils down to if the veterans are willing to teach and if the newbies are willing to learn. Of course, this mileage heavily varies, usually depending on how fast one wishes to complete the mission.

12 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Really? Cause according to this, you failed the first 5 tries of the Raid.

http://wf.christx.tw/JordasSearch.php?id=Ryunokage

So tell me, What went wrong the first 5 attempts? cause i'm sure without a shadow of a doubt that if somebody explained it to you. You could have beaten it.

In order for that website to have records it needs to be built to record the raid in the first place. I am pretty sure there was no raid record page for it on day one because I checked his website for records on JV raid that day, the page simply didn't exist. The reason to do that is to find people that completed it to explain the rules or to play it with them.

I still need to finish Jordas Verdict, four times in one day the second phase had no enemies spawning past the cutscene. There was also the time I did it and the servers got ddos'd at the very last phase of Jordas almost dying and then the host starting the raid too early resulting in a fail. I must be insanely unlucky here or something, whatever the case, JV needs to have that enemies not spawning bug fixed.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Destiny raids can be solo'd....wow raids can be solo'd...only the most superb players can pull it off. Very few would be able to do lor or jordas solo, but the challenge would be welcome. Plus, i hate making a team or joining a team and getting those super negative trolls. If we want to solo raid...if we have to ability...it should be allowed. Or make another raid, one that can be solo'd or played with any number of players.

I was one of those veteran players who finished LoR in the first 24 hours and JV in 48 hours. We went through the utter bug-ridden $hitfest that was the alpha-state LoR and JV to make those guides, use them. Is this truly so much to ask? 

But I agree with your point, though. Both LoR and JV are poorly laid out--I remember the first time my group finished JV it was due to a bug, not the nerves doing what they were supposed to do--and JV until very recently had some tricky bugs that could completely stop the raid progress, wasting a not-so-cheap key and everyone's time.

It wouldn't be so bad if LoR had any speck of fun in it; people wouldn't want to be done with it as quickly as possible and wouldn't scream at the smallest delays and mistakes (though this applies to a lot of raids in other games). As it stands, it's just stages of standing on pads, hacking, getting your energy drained, Hijack (the most boring, unrewarding and pointless mission in Warframe) and a pathetic anticlimax that doesn't deserve to be called a boss battle, let alone a raidboss battle. Hell, there's no "battle" in that stage, just more standing on pads. It's a classic case of mistaking player inconvenience and irritation as challenge. 

But enough about LoR's many, many shortcomings, as the topic is more about player interaction in raids. Most veterans, including myself, are not against having a newcomer or two in their group. Most pug veterans won't leave the group just because there's a newbie in there, since they need the group just as much, they probably don't have a large enough clan to run regular raids with. My general advice is to let others know you will need some directions and follow the waypoints. If you're still in lobby, don't be afraid to ask for a few minutes to review a guide or video on LoR--I'd rather wait a few minutes of video than having to stop and type constantly in the middle of ability spamming. 

And honestly we don't know why we're doing Hijack part in LoR stage 2, we really don't, Lotus never gives us a reason other than 'oh hey it's a volatile nuclear core of destruction it might help us' lol jk it never comes into play in next stage so don't ask why we're doing something in LoR, the game never tells us. 

Edited by traybong111

I found this post to be an interesting read. I can understand how players looking to do the raid quickly to get their arcane reward may become frustrated with new players and I can understand the frustration of new players not having patient veteran players to guide them through the raid. With that being said, regardless of the frustration, the game should never devolve to the point of insulting or behaving disrespectful to another player. I think what the person who posted "it's just a game" meant is that it's supposed to be played for fun. I think everyone playing wants to complete the mission and receive the reward of the mission or they wouldn't bother playing it, but failing a mission is not so serious that insults and disrespect have to be lobbed at the new players. And if you're playing the mission to get the arcane, but don't consider it fun you might have to reevaluate why you play the game at all. Also, it should be said that new players shouldn't lie about there experience to get into a raid because it will become apparent quite quickly that the new player is inexperienced. Instead a new player might turn to other new players that might be willing to keyshare and learn the raid together. My personal opinion is that at the end of the day, there is no real reason to insult or be disrespectful to another player. If I am frustrated or upset with playing with a player, I just back out of the mission and find someone else to play with. To the OP, sorry you had that experience. Now I don't know if I would necessarily consider myself experienced or a veteran player. I've yet to do NM LoRs or JVs, mainly because all people ever want are experienced players, but I have run normal LoR enough times to do them with randoms without needing to communicate. I wouldn't mind trying to help teach players new to the raid what I've learned in raiding. Inspired by this post I'll be posting under squad recruitment for a "Teaching LoR' which I will gladly host. For those interested in learning or teaching, message me there or on PS.

@UltraKardas- I am not a moderator nor anyone to tell you how to behave, but you seem to be attacking players through the past few pages; let's be polite/ use the third person "one seems to" please :) Thanks! :D

Edited by CorerMaximus

3 hours ago, ivlr3vil said:

In order for that website to have records it needs to be built to record the raid in the first place. I am pretty sure there was no raid record page for it on day one because I checked his website for records on JV raid that day, the page simply didn't exist. The reason to do that is to find people that completed it to explain the rules or to play it with them.

I still need to finish Jordas Verdict, four times in one day the second phase had no enemies spawning past the cutscene. There was also the time I did it and the servers got ddos'd at the very last phase of Jordas almost dying and then the host starting the raid too early resulting in a fail. I must be insanely unlucky here or something, whatever the case, JV needs to have that enemies not spawning bug fixed.

the records have been a thing since LoR

when TJV came out the records had already been a thing for some time. Its fairly accurate

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Except warframe is not an MMO. 

Hate to break it to you. Warframe is an MMO xD

And every game I have played that feature raids all work similarly. Warframe raids are only done by a small percentage of players and follow the traditional guidelines of a raid. Raids on other games like destiny are similar to warfare's raids. Both games are MMOs

On 25/03/2016 at 2:00 PM, Senpai-Pie said:

Why were you going in a Trial with no idea what to do in the first place?

Edit: For the sake of being specific, why didn't you look up some videos on what to do before going for it? It's a bad idea as a whole.

Remember the days when you wanted to experience something new without watching the entire thing first? Me neither.

2 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Hate to break it to you. Warframe is an MMO xD

And every game I have played that feature raids all work similarly. Warframe raids are only done by a small percentage of players and follow the traditional guidelines of a raid. Raids on other games like destiny are similar to warfare's raids. Both games are MMOs

MMO =/= Game that has MMO aspects in it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The trials are anti-player and toxic content. They incentivize toxic behavior and are a net-loss for the game.

Why? Well they are a complete 180 from the mechanics of the entire rest of the game.

Warframe in a nutshell: Kill enemies, Don't die, if in a team, try to stay close.

Trials in a nutshell: How many internet friends do you have who will tell you what to do or will let you tell them what to do.

Trials ensure that each an every player has a high chance of ruining another players gametime, much more so that any any other point in the game. With that amount of power handed off to team-mates people get nervous, so they start trying to avoid "bad people" who will cause "trouble", the result is the default starting relationship in a trial is suspicion-bordering-on-hostility, mistakes become big deals and annoyance becomes magnified.

Why does this not happen so much in Warframe-outside-of-trials? Well a microcosm of trial behavior can be illustrated by spy missions, you see the forums telling people again and again "Don't do spy in PUG's", "Just do spy solo" But DE decided that trials won't scale down to solo, because... well because they said so, because fundamentally, It's easier to create nasty content like the trials, that forces people together because players have to come up with ways to stop other running their playtime if they want to do trials and that takes time, which DE like, they like when content takes more time to complete when they don't have to expend more resource to make it so.

MMO's do this all they time, they let you play solo, or in occasional teams but then have forced team requirement on later content, because forcing people together keeps them in the game longer.

It doesn't make them happier, but it makes content much cheaper.

Edited by SilentMobius

15 hours ago, izzatuw said:

Remember the days when you wanted to experience something new without watching the entire thing first? Me neither.

Remember the days when you didn't want to be useless in a team and slow everyone down in an important mission, with the chance of being responsible for failing the mission? Me neither.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

No, it removes idiotic puzzles. Which is a good thing. Stop defending failed design.

If you dont like to do raid bcos it has idiotic puzzles & a failed design....then simply dont play it. Just dont expect people will give you arcane enchanments for free.

1 hour ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Remember the days when you didn't want to be useless in a team and slow everyone down in an important mission, with the chance of being responsible for failing the mission? Me neither.

Imo it is an already bad concept to make raids (especially lor) so fail-sensitive so that new players have an issue there without watching external guides before.. 

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

4 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Imo it is an already bad concept to make raids (especially lor) so fail-sensitive so that new players have an issue there without watching external guides before.. 

Raid was never meant for "new" players...it was meant for advanced & experienced players, including those who have slight experience from just watching external guide.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Raid was never meant for "new" players...it was meant for advanced & experienced players, including those who have slight experience from just watching external guide.

No game should require you to watch guides which are not even made by the developer in order to not being harassed in the game just because you play the mission the first time 

1 hour ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

No game should require you to watch guides which are not even made by the developer in order to not being harassed in the game just because you play the mission the first time 

I told you raid is only for advanced & experienced players. And how do you think an "external guides" were created? Certainly not by the devs...They were created by those advanced players who did their trials & errors, solving the puzzles, completing the missions, through several bugs, mission failures & maybe dc.

They did their best by sharing what they have, to help those raid newbies to complete it in the most effective way they have discovered, & the only thing we need to do is just to watch & learn how they did it.

But instead, some of us make complains about the raid & claim that "forcing" people to watch/read guides as part of some sick players elitism. It makes me think that we never truly appreciate how helpful the community we have. They were trying to help us, & you spit on their face. Smh...

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

7 hours ago, izzatuw said:

MMO =/= Game that has MMO aspects in it.

Most MMOs Have some sort of leveling system. Leveling system in warframe? Check

Most MMOs have some quests that you can do for rewards. Quests in warframe? Check

Most MMOs have different classes and different roles. Classes in warframes? about how many now? 29 different classes/warframes

Most MMOs have some sort of clan or guild system. Clan system in warframe? Check

Most MMOs have a crafting and trade system. Either of those in warframe? Check Checkedy check

Is there a hub where you can meet other players? Relays, Check

Sorry to break it to you but Warframe has all the aspects of an MMO. You take control of a character set in a sic-fi fantasy, and customize it to your hearts content.

Its technically an MMORPG as most people associate with their tenno or warframe. 

And seeing how warframe is an MMO, It has raids that follow traditional MMO guidelines. Warframe just happens to be a third person shooter MMORPG

Deal with it :P

3 hours ago, Senpai-Pie said:

If your game requires you to watch videos before you can actually do the mission than that game must be terrible, I did the raid for the first time last week and I didn't even look at walk throughs. Ik you're one of those elitist type where everyone should always prepare before doing something they should experience themselves for the first time but guess what? That's not how games are meant to be played. Imagine if you got a new game, do you want to experience the thing not knowing nothing or would you like to watch an entire play through just so you could ruin the experience yourself?