Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Naramon is inevitably nerfed, what will you use

Chef_Lu_Bu

1 minute ago, sekushiiandee said:

^ to add to previous post....its actually madurai that gives the boosts

And if we were to apply all 30% to all normal damage types....i would hope they nerf it a little.....at least leave the maximum damage possible to be 20-25% ish

Well that's my bad. I get the two named confused all the time

Vazarin is the one that heals and alows insta revives.... yeah that's not OP either.

If you're going to complain about nerfing this class and that class the others should follow because personally, I think they're balanced the way they are.

1 minute ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

how? the only thing it does is make you invisible to enemies. It doesn't give you stealth kill bonuses because they're already alert and it doesn't last that long nor stack. It resets every crit. While I understand why and how you can stay invisible for 6minutes easy, I don't understand how that makes naramon op. It doesn't buff your damage, it doesn't increase your xp or focus chances. you're just invisible.

^sorry i edited the post and gave my opinion about why i thought invis was OP.  I feel that survivability is more important in the long run but thats just my opinion on the matter.....overall the damage increase from madurai is quite op and i agree it would need a nerf

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They don't have to nerf naramon, they have to nerf the crit system.

And for the question, i'll keep playing zenurik because infinite energy

energy leech units disable energy regeneration of zenurik so it can be countered by enemy, i dont see it becoming really best choice cause we also got ev trin or energy pizzas

Edited by Dante123pl

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

^ if they had nerfed the crit system then the weapon system would fall apart and would take a lot more time to try to figure out how to rebalance

that would require DE to look into the current scaling as well and have to rebalance mobs

i make it sound like a negative thing but its actually a really positive thing for the game in the long run......doubt they would do it and would probably just take the easier route for themselves and nerf naramon

5 minutes ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

Well that's my bad. I get the two named confused all the time

Vazarin is the one that heals and alows insta revives.... yeah that's not OP either.

If you're going to complain about nerfing this class and that class the others should follow because personally, I think they're balanced the way they are.

^ i guess i want naramon to get a "slight" nerf because ive seen too many frames and players that survive for hours and hours on solo, when in reality they should not have gotten so far by themselves....it all comes down to a slight buff from naramon and that makes a world of difference

you cant get that kind of survivability or mission length if you have pure damage backing you up.....thats how i see it

1 minute ago, sekushiiandee said:

^sorry i edited the post and gave my opinion about why i thought invis was OP.  I feel that survivability is more important in the long run but thats just my opinion on the matter.....overall the damage increase from madurai is quite op and i agree it would need a nerf

Like i said earlier, if you nerf one you nerf the rest.

Naramon: invisibility and crit

Vazarin: healing and instant revives for you and squad

Zenurik: Infinite energy regen

Madurai: Weapon damage buff

Unairu: Freezing (basically) on melee hit with armor increase to you and an armor decrease to enemies (This is significant because armor decreases damage taken to health)

They're all pretty much equal. none is more op than the rest. people just have their own preferences and sometimes people choose what seems the easiest over the others to them. That's all.

Assuming things get nerfed, it's just going down the usual nerf train. People move from naramon to zenurik, then from zenurik to vazarin, then from vazarin to anything else or they simply don't care about focus anymore because so many things being useless.

This is how it goes in the good ol' forum nerf community. Nerfing things they shouldn't even care about since an invisible player is not hindering one from enjoying the game in any senseful way.

A good alternative would be to push shadow step further away so you won't get it so fast, but that's about it. The best things should be able to get last obviously. And people who have put all their sweat into getting it, should be properly rewarded for it!

What would i choose after naramon nerf? Zenurik. No, i mean i'm still staying with zenurik. Why am i not using naramon? Cuz i don't need it. I prefer using abilities. I got my fun and enjoyment and this is all i need when playing warframe. But i would be glad to test out one of the other trees when they finally get buffed so i can have MORE fun.

Edited by IceColdHawk

I've been using Vazarin since the system came out, and I'm still far from having it maxed. So I guess I'll still be using Vazarin if the nerf does come. Instant revives and healing can come in handy.

Plus once I max this out I'll do Zenurik, Naramon doesn't appeal to me (I'm not a melee guy).

19 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Yes let's nerf one of the oldest systems in the game, just to "balance" a newer one. How badly do you wanna destroy the only reasonbly end-game scaling weapon types? Screw everything once past 40 minutes right?

As for my thoughts on Focus. It just doesn't work like a end game progression system as it is. The lenses and Convergence sustem is simply bonkers for and end-game progression system. Then is the direct ty-in to affinity that makes any serious focus former force their way through Draco. And then there's the way the tree's work. A whole while you've got to save up your points and see no effect.. Then BAM you get this huge boost in effectiveness (melee stealth crits, instant revives, passive energy regen, etc.) and then it's the whole gathering all over again untill you can cash in some more tokens. An end-game progression system should make you veel like your getting just that tiny bit better for honing your skills over time. Not huge bumps during short bursts, but slow growth through every action.

It's a new system and already bould on a wrong foundation, it needs a lot more than "a few balance changes" to make it into a real end-game progressiin system. Otherwise it's just a more elaborste Syndicates 2.0.

I i apreciate their efforts on veteran player retention, but "just another thing to max per day" isn't working.

Edited by undernown

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

No more shadow step.

No more ridiculous energy zenurik.

What are my other options?  Not to care about focus at all like I am right now?  Yeah that one.

A trinity player who say that, STRANGE, very STRANGE

Who care about infinite energy and invisibility when you have infinite energy with your 2 and invincibility with your 4 ?

Warframe community :)

9 minutes ago, undernown said:

Yes let's nerf one of the oldest systems in the game, just to "balance" a newer one. How badly do you wanna destroy the only reasonbly end-game scaling weapon types? Screw everything once past 40 minutes right?

The point behind "nerf crit system" isn't to fix naramon, but to fix the damage system of the game.

Right now, only crit based weapon are used on high level, and the game is nowhere close to being balanced or even "tiered".

33 minutes ago, Dante123pl said:

energy leech units disable energy regeneration of zenurik so it can be countered by enemy, i dont see it becoming really best choice cause we also got ev trin or energy pizzas

The point of zenurik isn't to replace a trinity EV, but on basic missions I find zenurik way more useful than naramon.

Obviously in super high level zenurik is nothing.

32 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

i make it sound like a negative thing but its actually a really positive thing for the game in the long run......doubt they would do it and would probably just take the easier route for themselves and nerf naramon

Already managed to catch someone who dislike having crit weapon nerfed, but yeah, reworking the crit system is vital if they want to do damage 3.0.

(this and multishot)

Edited by Trichouette

Zenurik.

And if they decide to nerf Energy Overflow...

Zenurik.

It is the only focus that is really useful for frames who prioritize power usage. So basically all frames, especially on missions where Energy Leeches show up constantly.

And why? Because the actual abilities have such a massive cooldown that there is generally no moment where you actually want to even using them. Chestbeam? I fired it at some guys during a mission, and was underwhelmed by how much of a bother it was to aim that and then it didn't look nor feel as powerful as people made it out to be. Just this tiny, thin beam that deals a bit of damage every second. Grineer troops just stumbling when getting hit by it. I haven't tried the mountain way (Unairu?), but it doesn't sound that useful either. Yay, turn enemies to stone slowly. I got a frame who can do that, and better. The passives are neat for durable frames, but beyond that...

Focus powers aren't something you rely on heavily, due to the cooldown. It's not a "Oh shi-" button, it's not reliable enough for that. In order to get the passives, you need to turn it on, and by doing so, you are using it outside the "Oh shi-" situation already, resetting the cooldown. it may get used for longer duration survival/defense missions, but outside that? Not really.

Until DE decides to give all frames a passive energy regen and have Energy Siphon aura just augment that, Zenurik is too good to pass up on.

Just now, Dante123pl said:

we have EV trin

we have energy pizzas

so why zenurik?

Don't always have an EV Trin and some people don't always want to use energy pads.

I don't even have Zenurik and I can see its appeal. Plus, does it stack with the regen aura? If so, even more of a plus.

To be honest, I use both Vazirin and Zenurik quite a bit, too. I don't see them nerfing Naramon specifically because I think the point of its introduction was to make invisibility more broadly accessible to every frame. Huras falls into the same category. With everyone closer together in terms of how easily they can cloak it creates a better opportunity for DE to nerf everything invisibility related(loki in particular) indirectly through the addition of invis breaking enemies, et al.