The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Replacement Packs?

Ape_Wrill11

Just now, sir_deadlock said:

Let's just fill this topic up with Dismal Lotus potential scripts!

"Are you still in that survival mission? Fine, I'll send another air tank. Not like I'm waiting out here or anything."

"Hey, just a heads up. Sgt. Ruk likes to set things on fire. I forgot to mention that to the last cell of operatives that went through there."

"Listen, I know I said I'd always be there for you, but the infestation disgusts me, so I'm gonna let Clem take it from here" "... *camera pans over to clem* uhhh... grakaka?"

"I'm getting an alert that atmosphere is dropping from your area, you might want to take care of that. I could do it for you, but I'm kind of busy right now."

"Oh, they saw you and activated the alarm... big surprise."

"We kind of need the stuff in the vaults okay. So try not to screw this up. But since you probably will, I suppose I should tell you that it will take them some time to delete the data."

"*sigh* It looks like the enemy is bringing reinforcements instead of giving up. So get ready for them... or don't... it's up to you..."

"Huh? Oh, right... good work Tenno, or whatever."

2 hours ago, Noamuth said:

That's what the wiki says.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grate_Prime

The same page also said that the Grate Prime is classified as a primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee weapon, Sentinel, and Warframe at the same time. It also says that it will deal 9999999 damage in a 50 meter radius. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, then the Grate Prime is very obviously a joke weapon that only exists in the sweetest of dreams.

If you were joking and you're shaking your head at me in disbelief right now, then in my defense, I've already seen, like, three people on the forums and subreddit today who genuinely believe that the Grate Prime is a real item that a single player owns.

Edited by SortaRandom

Just now, SortaRandom said:

The same page also said that the Grate Prime is classified a primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee weapon, Sentinel, and Warframe at the same time. It also says that it will deal 9999999 damage in a 50 meter radius. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, then the Grate Prime is very obviously a joke weapon that only exists in the sweetest of dreams.

I've already seen, like, three people on the forums and subreddit today who genuinely believe that the Grate Prime is a real item that a single player owns. Come on, guys.

...you can't tell if I'm being serious that the wiki says one person owns this?

Okay then.

I gotta say, despite being a joke, quite a few of these "voice packs" are pretty impressive for only saying one line, and I'd actually really like the Vay Hek voice. My dream of serving the Grineer would finally be fulfilled.

46 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

The same page also said that the Grate Prime is classified as a primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee weapon, Sentinel, and Warframe at the same time. It also says that it will deal 9999999 damage in a 50 meter radius. I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, then the Grate Prime is very obviously a joke weapon that only exists in the sweetest of dreams.

If you were joking and you're shaking your head at me in disbelief right now, then in my defense, I've already seen, like, three people on the forums and subreddit today who genuinely believe that the Grate Prime is a real item that a single player owns.

Grate Prime is known as a joke weapon.  Its presentation was very tongue in cheek and the wiki flat out says that it's a joke.

DE confirmed awhile back that one person did indeed get it though.  If I have time, I'll try to dig that up and post the link.

I think it would be nice if the person we are doing the mission for/against actually talks to us.

so for example, when doing a Syndicate mission, instead of just saying "good luck" or whatever at the start, they could act as the Lotus for that mission, informing you of enemies, Security Lockdowns etc. and when doing Sorties, the Boss you're up against would throw insults your way upon starting missions and completing objectives etc.

can you imagine Vay Hek as the lotus though?

"TENNO, DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE THIS EASY TO HACK THESE DATA VAULTS, AND THEN HEAD TO EXTRACTION? MY GRINEER WILL STOP YOU - ER I MEAN - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!"

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

DE confirmed awhile back that one person did indeed get it though.  If I have time, I'll try to dig that up and post the link.

From what I recall, DE's "confirmation that someone got it" was when they talked about how it could be obtained for 9001 plat only within 60 seconds of the first person logging in after the update (or some other hilariously ludicrous requirement), which was very, very obviously tongue-in-cheek. There are also no screenshots of the item despite a player apparently owning it for two years, or any evidence of an actual grate prime warframe&sentinel&primary&secondary&melee in the game data; and (I repeat) the thing was equippable in place of a Warframe. You don't think that any one of those things could be a bit of a red flag here?

I'm shocked that there are experienced players who think it's an actual thing despite there being literally no evidence that it exists, and metric craptons of evidence that it doesn't. The Grate Prime is exactly as real as the Stocker and the Waifu Lotus Voice Pack are.

Despite the troll, this could work for characters like the faction leaders.  I would buy a Suda voice over to take the mantle from Lotus. I'd be willing to spend 300+ plat to remove Lotus face from my screen.

Edited by AcceI

When the joke looks more hyping than the reality...

Don't take it personal, o dear Overlord, but if you give me the coice to listen all the time for more than 2 years to the same robotic emotionless voice or let me choose someone more expressive like Darvo,Maroo (even Clem!) for a change, well...

The choice would be easy! :/

(After 3 years of playing,your "It's the grineer" line is just another background oise for me.)

I just...I need more of Tyl Regor's voice in this game! Can we just have an option to have him just talk mad trash about every boss we fight?

Vay Hek, Dismal, and Flower would be awesome versions. Now that I think of it, it would have made Second Dream better to have any of those versions be Natah. Extra points if instead of caring about the Tenno, Dismal just keeps talking down to us the entire time after putting us in the chair.

Flower would just chime in and while that might get annoying after a while, it would be funny to have the pics switch out from Flower Lotus to an actual flower growing in a pod. Extra points to see a random Tenno, NPC, or even Clem come into a room and water her.

Vay Hek Lotus would just need a few scenes of yelling at the Tenno and possibly yelling at normal Vay Hek. Just thinking about those two arguing during a mission would be somewhat comic gold. Then again, it would just sound like Hek arguing with himself....and that still sounds better than dealing with Natah repeating herself so many times over to the point that it drives normal people insane.

We need a Jim Ross Lotus Voice:

"BAH GAWD BAH GAWD THE STONE COLD STALKER HAS ARRIVED, BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP BAH GAWD!!!!"

Or a Stone Cold Steve Austin Lotus:

After killing a boss: "Warframe 3:16 says we just killed your a**"

Edited by (XB1)Snicket002
Addition