Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best lategame weps/Whats your fav?

RiftwalkSniper

Question

I'm only MR5, but I'm curious as to what guns/weps are good lategame? I'm working on the trigris, but I cant seem to find my weapon. What are some strong weapons? Also, what is your favorite weapon and why? My favorite warframe is rhino, if that helps with weapon choice.

I love the Lanka. So far it's the only weapon I could hit 1 million damage with without any exterior buffs applied. Also it's a railgun, I love railguns. (or at least the closest thing we have to one)

However if I have to clean up a bunch of enemies I'll take the Synoid Simulor for a spin.

Edited by Storchenbein

i find different weapons suit different enemies, for raw damage on say a sortie 3 i tend to go with sancti tigris, for most missions that arent that high i love my quanta vandal, constant beam weapons are my overall favorite, before the synoid simulor was busted and its orbs still attracted together i liked it, now its very hit and miss, for secondaries my favorite is the sonicor with +40 flight speed mod to make the shots go further

The Lato. And Limbo. Because I'm a masochist.

Saryn Prime. All frames are fun to use, but Saryn's been the most reliable to me in terms of damage and survivability, or if I want to make a cabbage damage build, so I love her. Weapons, I like the Penta because its a grenade launcher, and the War or Scindo Prime.

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice

One of my personal favorites has to the Quanta (Vandal). The primary fire has the longest range of any laser beam (50m), deals modest damage, and is surprisingly ammo efficient for a laser weapon. The secondary fire launches floating, cube-shaped grenades that can deal a lot of damage if you detonate them manually (shooting them with the primary fire or any other weapon) and can be spammed to set off a chain reaction that covers a wide area. I think the Synoid Simulor may outclass it, but it's still a viable alternative and I think the laser primary fire makes it a bit more versatile (it also doesn't require MR 12 to use).

I personally have the Vandal variant, but the vanilla version is still plenty capable of holding it's own (the only difference between the two is an increased status chance and magazine size on the Vandal).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Always depends on the frame and situation. My personal favourites change from time to time, but my most used weapons are Ignis, Lex Prime and Scindo Prime or Orthos Prime.

Ignis has a crazy AoE, innate punch through, good DPS, very good Status, rather bad Ammo Economy and the ability to use Combustion beam. If you dont have targets with high health, take this, it hits everything at once, Weapon-to-go up to Level 35. Requires as many Formas as most Primaries, 6 in number. It actually even benefits from heavy caliber.

Lex Prime is hitscan, very accurate and absolutely deadly, but only for single targets. Well modded with 6 Forma and Primed Crit Mods + P Heated Charge for maximum damage it will one hit up to level 80 and sometimes higher. 30k crit hits are no rarity.

Scindo has a very good crit chance, good AoE and damn high damage, highest of all Melee iirc. Has Slash as base damage, which I prefer over the War's Impact. Has a good status chance as well, but that does generally barely help, except you have enemies strong enough to withstand 10 hits or more. But once that happens, I'd take the Dual Ichor with a Crit-Corrosive build, thats absolutely deadly if you want to go 2 hours survival.

Orthos is more effective on lower levels (up to 30) due to the one-swing-room's-clear range with primed reach. Way better at quick melee-ing due to attack speed and animation. damage falls off quicker due to lower base damage than Scindo. Not of any interest past level 80, where Scindo holds up to 110.

As for primaries, I started liking the Boar Prime after I came to forma it. Its DPS is insane, has good status as well. You might go well with high fire rate and ammo mutation if you want to use it longer, or spare out ammo mutation and fire rate for more damage per shot. good crowd control, thiss I like Ignis more.

EDIT:

Tonkor and Synoid Simulor are very good when it comes to damage, where Tonkor excels at large groups way past level 100. It is unhandy for single targets, though.

Simulor is only comfortable if used with Mirage, as you instantly create a vortex. Then, it is very good AoE with superb damage.

Edited by ff00005

3 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

One of my personal favorites has to the Quanta (Vandal). The primary fire has the longest range of any laser beam (50m), deals modest damage, and is surprisingly ammo efficient for a laser weapon. The secondary fire launches floating, cube-shaped grenades that can deal a lot of damage if you detonate them manually (shooting them with the primary fire or any other weapon) and can be spammed to set off a chain reaction that covers a wide area. I think the Synoid Simulor may outclass it, but it's still a viable alternative and I think the laser primary fire makes it a bit more versatile (it also doesn't require MR 12 to use).

I personally have the Vandal variant, but the vanilla version is still plenty capable of holding it's own (the only difference between the two is an increased status chance and magazine size on the Vandal).

Vandal version has 25% higher damage on secondary fire. From 200-400 to 250-500 base damage.

3 hours ago, Storchenbein said:

Well, from the description, yes. But it still has travel time which is weird for a weapon that should accelerate projectiles to speeds much greater than our current hitscan weapons.

it's normal in Vidjya Games. because you can't go faster than Ray Trace. and it skill balances anyways, you have to aim to get your high Damage reward.
may not make sense from physics, but little does in games.

24 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

Vandal version has 25% higher damage on secondary fire.

[Citation Needed]

I swear by Vaykor Marelok. Its a perfect combination of accuracy, power (second only to Lex), status proc (100% proc chance), and has a useful AOE CC that deals 1k damage and also heals you. Pretty much a one size-fit all while doing each part of its job very competently.

Sonicor is a close second, with far more CC than damage, but it does its CC job so well that I can't really complain.

Primary weapons are a mixed bag for me. Obviously, if you want stopping power, there's no better gun than the almighty Tonkor. But outside of that completely OP god, I find shotguns, especially Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek to be a bunch of fun. Also, guns like Dex Sybaris feel very rewarding to use.

1 hour ago, Rambit23Z said:

that isn't a Citation.

the person that added it didn't Cite their claims. it shouldn't even be on the page because there's no Citation.
whether anything is true or not, if there's no Citation, people should be intelligent enough to not edit Wiki Articles with whatever. but people are generally not very intelligent.

by the way, it's not true(and never has been. ever.). but thank you for pointing out that garbage, i'll remove it from the Article.

http://i.imgur.com/Ql252hF.png
http://i.imgur.com/iJGhOMD.png

Edited by taiiat

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

that isn't a Citation.

the person that added it didn't Cite their claims. it shouldn't even be on the page because there's no Citation.
whether anything is true or not, if there's no Citation, people should be intelligent enough to not edit Wiki Articles with whatever. but people are generally not very intelligent.

by the way, it's not true(and never has been. ever.). but thank you for pointing out that garbage, i'll remove it from the Article.

http://i.imgur.com/Ql252hF.png
http://i.imgur.com/iJGhOMD.png

Well, would you look at that. Good to know.

My fav's atm, in no particular order.

Hek (a beast of a shotgun, melts single targets, use with the Steel Meridian syndicate mod)

Sonicor (great for crowds but you'll need to feed it forma)

Vaykor Marelok (innate syndicate proc. This and the Lex are top tier pistols)

Braton Prime (kinda boring, but solid + reliable + gets the job done)

Lex Prime (a hand cannon Clint would be proud of)

Dex Sybaris (a great anniversary gift from DE, thanks guys)

Prisma Grakata (eats ammo like theres no tomorrow which really is a shame, because this gun is sooo much fun. I heard someone describe this gun as "so much theater" and thats exactly what the Prisma Grakata is. Its drama in a gun).

Honorable mentions:

Grakata (because its a Grakata)

Lex (and Aklex) (taught me how to aim).

Strun (love the reload)

I can't just list one or two. There's just so many great guns in Warframe that my loadout is constantly changing. For me, the weapons are the stars of the show in Warframe. The frames are cool, but the guns are awesome.